PDA

View Full Version : Songwriting

Kragalar
05-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey, im ot all that new to songwriting.
ive written some songs, all with myself and either my neighbor or my cousin.
im thinkin about doin 1 on my own.
any ideas for lyrics or guitar (acoustic)
i got nadda, nothing so far.

Exile
06-01-2009, 08:32 AM
What is it you're asking us to do? Write a song for you?

Kragalar
06-01-2009, 01:33 PM
What is it you're asking us to do? Write a song for you?

no, not really...
i was thinkin you could give me some ideas for lyrics or guitar.
im thinking that the main idea is like.... ummm... sorta like country, sorta rock kinda. its gonna be about some guy who can't quite get his life right.

Exile
06-01-2009, 06:58 PM
What the ****? Write your own damned music

Kragalar
06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
What the ****? Write your own damned music
obviously you dont get it.
IM ASKING YOU FOR IDEAS YOU MONKEY TURD!!!! IDEAS!!!
not full songs, ideas!!
sheesh

Gavel
06-02-2009, 01:50 PM
I think he realized that. And that's no better than having someone right the whole song for you so that you can claim it. If you're asking for ideas on what to write about, you won't be a very good song writer. You're going about this way too left brained, homebrew.

And if you insult a mod one more time you're gonna get banned. Especially when they're a fellow audiophile like Exilement.

Exile
06-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Okay, here's an idea. Write a country rock song about some guy who can't quite get his life right.

I don't know what the fuck it is you want us to do. What ideas do you want? A chord structure? Lyrics? Those are things YOU should be coming up with, even down the ideas and concepts. They aren't things you should be looking for us to give you or inspire you to make.

I'm a songwriter myself, so don't start dropping bombs like "monkey turd" because I take offense to the idea of someone claiming to be a songwriter when they can't even flesh out an idea as generic as "rock/country song about some guy's fucked up life" without having to turn to an animation forum for ideas. That's unoriginal, immature and completely wrong, so fuck you and fuck your "songwriting"

genocide
06-03-2009, 03:23 PM
no, not really...
i was thinkin you could give me some ideas for lyrics or guitar.
im thinking that the main idea is like.... ummm... sorta like country, sorta rock kinda. its gonna be about some guy who can't quite get his life right.

You gave yourself ideas for lyrics, by saying "its gonna be about some guy who can't quite get his life right." How else are people supposed to give you "ideas" for lyrics?
I think Linkin Park wrote a song about people like you, a couple verses went like this, and I quote "I heard that some of you was gettin help with ya lines, you're not an MC if someone else rights ya rhymes."
Think of you're own material, as the people before me have stated.

I think he realized that. And that's no better than having someone right the whole song for you so that you can claim it. If you're asking for ideas on what to write about, you won't be a very good song writer. You're going about this way too left brained, homebrew.

And if you insult a mod one more time you're gonna get banned. Especially when they're a fellow audiophile like Exilement.

He is a 4 post noob, what's gonna happen if he gets banned haha?

Also, the insult was that of a 9 year old so it was rather funny to read.

Kragalar
06-04-2009, 01:39 PM
ok 1, im only 10 so im not a good songwriter.
2, i didn't know Exilement or whatever was a mod, cuz I AM NEW.
god, get it through your thick skulls.
i am asking if you could give me kinda like a little tab for a little piece like the chorus or something an an idea for lyrics, like a chorus.

Zed
06-04-2009, 02:08 PM
How To Not Look Like An Idiot On Your First Posts
(This copied and pasted advice is being brought to your attention because you are making yourself look stupid. Don't take it as flaming, think of it as a handy guide to graduating from noob to newbie :)

General Advice:
Try spreading the posts out - don't make them all in the pivot section, for example.
Make sure you read the topic so you can post a decent comment.
Before you post a new topic, check that there isn't one already.
Before you post a question, check google.
Don't ask people to do things for you. Often they will get angry, and may accuse you of laziness or plagiarism.
Use grammar and spelling.
Do not flame. Ever.
Don't resurect topics that have been dead for more than about a week.
Do not spam.
Do not double post.
Get to three hundred posts and change your name to something without the word "stick" in it and without any numbers. ^(not applicable to all)^

More Specifically:
A good place to post is the debate section where it's easy to post some decent comments on any of the topics. If you don't have an opinion make one up and pretend you do. You could also get away with a post in the welcome thread. Tell us what music you're listening to in the "What are you listening to right now" thread (music section) and answer a couple of polls. If you don't follow the points laid out above in "General Advice" people will get very angry at you and you'll look like a complete noob. The last important point is to try to understand things from other people's perspectives. For pity's sake, don't accuse people of flaming you if the give constructive criticism for an animation. And don't flame them back.
I'm adding some more in just for you.

Gavel
06-04-2009, 02:22 PM
First of all, it's not that hard to find out who's a mod and who's not around here. You didn't see anything strange about him having a green name while you didn't? Don't use being new as an excuse, plenty people have come here on there first time and easily figured out who/what a mod is.

Second, you're ****ing 10. Why are you worrying about writing songs now? Anything you write will be about as bad as that Naked Brothers Band crap because all you know how to write about is school and video games.

Third, if anyone needs to get something through their thick skull, it's you. What more of an idea for a song can we give you? You pretty much said the idea already in the first post: "its gonna be about some guy who can't quite get his life right". What do you want us to do, write the whole damn song for you? Maybe you should wait a couple more years to actually learn more about music before you think about making your own original pieces. Same goes for your tab. If you're a musician, you're not just going to go around asking random people you don't even know to write a song for you.

My advice to you is to take some time with what you're doing. You're ten years old, for god's sake. There's a reason there aren't that many of you getting famous for making music. Spend some more time learning about music. You can't just come onto an animation forum asking people to give you ideas for everything from every single line in your verses to every single note and chord they're sung over. And listen to some songs under the genre you're making so that you have an idea of what you could write.