PDA

View Full Version : Kicks and Giggles

Covalence
06-03-2009, 06:52 PM
http://meisterdark.deviantart.com/art/Eh-kicks-124721961
A small little 2 kick combo I whipped up. It was originally supposed to go into something else, but I didn't feel like committing to it.
Also, a first try at particles. I might do some other stuff regarding effects later this week.

EDIT: Here's a secondary link for those that can't go on dA for some odd reason.
http://www.truploader.com/view/001705

doc
06-03-2009, 06:57 PM
If you're going to post stuff on DA, PLEASE put this code into the last frame:

gotoAndPlay(1);
When my cpu opens a new page, it starts out small and I have to manually maximize it. And by the time I do that, I can't see much of the anim.

alcaknight
06-03-2009, 07:12 PM
The same is happening to me. Puhlease put that in your code. :D

genocide
06-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I liked it, it was pretty smooth, not much bad I can say about it, it was pretty short though, so I don't really know what to comment about.
Well actually I do, I don't think the particles stayed in the air long enough.
Let them linger a bit.
Just keep working, it was pretty good.

Arch-Angel
06-03-2009, 07:32 PM
meow .

Covalence
06-03-2009, 07:49 PM
MASSIVE QUOTE REPLY DUMP SHIT

If you're going to post stuff on DA, PLEASE put this code into the last frame:

gotoAndPlay(1);
When my cpu opens a new page, it starts out small and I have to manually maximize it. And by the time I do that, I can't see much of the anim.

The same is happening to me. Puhlease put that in your code. :D
For yours and others sakes then, I'll host it somewhere else. I only post it on dA because I need more Watchers and pageviews, lol.

I liked it, it was pretty smooth, not much bad I can say about it, it was pretty short though, so I don't really know what to comment about.
Well actually I do, I don't think the particles stayed in the air long enough.
Let them linger a bit.
Just keep working, it was pretty good.
Thanks for the comments. I'll try to keep your advice in mind for next time I do particles. I'm not really accustomed to doing effects. :|

meow .
hey there man of too many names

Arch-Angel
06-03-2009, 07:54 PM
I've had like, 5 or 6. Shut up. lol

Arch-Angel
06-03-2009, 07:55 PM
I'll contribute.
The particles are terrible because:

1- They disappear too quickly.

2- They are in an exploding type motion, instead of trailing in the direction of the kick.

3- There shouldn't be any particles to begin with.

idk.

Covalence
06-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I'll take those into account too, because you definitely know your shit with effects. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

alcaknight
06-03-2009, 08:04 PM
His arms were in an awkward pose. They started out like v's, but then he pulled them in, even though he hadn't done anything with them. I would have positioned the arms by his side in the beginning.

Particles: Refer to Arch-Angel's post.

Add feet.

Covalence
06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
The way I leave the arms is a habit which I carried over from my Pivot animating. I always thought I should change it, but it feels like a natural fighting pose >:| If I continued with it and added another attack like I intended, it probably would've looked better. I'll probably fix this, and add feet, later when I animate in the future.

Clips
06-03-2009, 08:14 PM
kinda stiff? make something a bit longer

Denial
06-05-2009, 12:37 AM
smooth looking. i dont quite understand the motion lines tho. seems like it would be complete without them.