PDA

View Full Version : Bad parkour?

Kieran.
06-06-2009, 04:32 PM
I haven't animated for a while, due to tests. So this is just trying to get back into the groove.

Also, I just got a tablet, so I'm trying to get used to it.

It is my longest animation yet, and I made one with V-cam and one without.

I'm not too proud of them, but here:

With V-cam: http://www.truploader.com/view/092149

Without V-cam: http://www.truploader.com/view/663332

-C&C is appreciated.

BluGil
06-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Too jumpy. No pun intended. Also the stick looks too stiff. And instead of just lines, make buildings or something, itll look way better. So anyways make the movements looser

undagada
06-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Longest animation? :0

Too much anticipation imo, he looks very robotic. Make the jumps vary because they look very similar. I don't think you should ease when he's doing the short distance jump, make it look like he's running towards it. Running jumps should have running animations.

It'd be great if you didn't ease all the jumps, but you've got a good sense of easing. Try again?

Oh yeah, and I agree with BluGil's building suggestion.

BluGil
06-06-2009, 05:39 PM
unDagada would u mind stickin me in your sig somehow?

sorry, its unrelated. O.O

undagada
06-06-2009, 06:50 PM
unDagada would u mind stickin me in your sig somehow?

sorry, its unrelated. O.O

NO

I don't mind, I'll "stick it in" tomorrow kay? :Ohhhhh:

Kieran.
06-07-2009, 02:41 AM
Too jumpy. No pun intended. Also the stick looks too stiff. And instead of just lines, make buildings or something, itll look way better. So anyways make the movements looser

Thanks for the help! I was going to make them floating peoces of rock, but It was late, and I couldn't be bothered. How would I mkae movements looser, and what is making them looser?

Longest animation? :0

Too much anticipation imo, he looks very robotic. Make the jumps vary because they look very similar. I don't think you should ease when he's doing the short distance jump, make it look like he's running towards it. Running jumps should have running animations.

It'd be great if you didn't ease all the jumps, but you've got a good sense of easing. Try again?

Oh yeah, and I agree with BluGil's building suggestion.

Ok, Thanks for the help! I'll try to do so If I redo this!

Orange Blob
06-07-2009, 06:14 AM
So i do some pretty crazy ass parkour stuff, so i know what you need to work on. Run ups are not needed but can be added. It's better if you do because parkour is fast paced and is all about flow.
Kinda stiff, make him lean back a little in a jump so he can brace.
The flip was bad and he needed to roll when he hit the ground, cos he probably would have sprained or possibly broken something, and traucer's (parkourists) tend to roll when they jump from a height greater than themselves... and when he lands a jump smaller than him or SLIGHTLY bigger than him, make him put his hands in between his feet and make him land in a crouch of a greater angle than 90 degrees.
That's about all, i'll watch it again and try to find some more stuff and possibly give better feedback.

EDIT: The decent and flip of the guy at the end was WAY too fast, he should jump/flip off, have him go up cos he's jumping than gain speed before landing and rolling.
The run was bad and so were the jumps onto the flat platforms, they lacked emphasis and realism.

Kieran.
06-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Ok, thanks.

fireman3521
06-07-2009, 10:31 AM
it looks like you used three times the same animation when he land from a jump. Try making it different so it'S not repetitive. Everything else has been said.