PDA

View Full Version : [Scorp] Short

Scorpioxxx
06-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Random short, made in under an hour and I thought I might show something for once. Blood is very lazy but I might go back and fix it a bit. Otherwise enjoy I suppose.

http://darrenargo.deviantart.com/art/Sniper-Short-125134669

Kieran.
06-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Great animation!

The only problem I saw was the rushed blood. Other than that, great!

Woof
06-07-2009, 02:51 PM
lol, its pretty nice. you just need to add some weight on that sniper aim thingy.
overall = 3/5

:3

Scorpioxxx
06-07-2009, 02:57 PM
lol, its pretty nice. you just need to add some weight on that sniper aim thingy.
overall = 3/5

:3

What do you mean by add weight? It's the layout/markings of a (rather odd) scope so is really just lines on a lense.

And thanks krome.

Zed
06-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Sometimes it looked like the lines that made up the scope were moving at different speeds or in different directions, but that could just be an illusion caused by the grid background.

Scorpioxxx
06-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Sometimes it looked like the lines that made up the scope were moving at different speeds or in different directions, but that could just be an illusion caused by the grid background.

I think the whole thing was moving less than 1 pixel or something so only some lines moved within the movieclip, if you watch some text, it does it aswell but with the letters, no idea how you'd fix it other than by speading up the tween.

Woof
06-07-2009, 03:40 PM
What do you mean by add weight? It's the layout/markings of a (rather odd) scope so is really just lines on a lense.

And thanks krome.

What i mean by adding weight, is that you just moved the scope without putting easing frames on it.

Scorpioxxx
06-07-2009, 03:44 PM
What i mean by adding weight, is that you just moved the scope without putting easing frames on it.

Scope is tweened with easing applied within the tweens' settings, if you look some have max easing in or out and some are at 40 in or out.

Woof
06-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Scope is tweened with easing applied within the tweens' settings, if you look some have max easing in or out and some are at 40 in or out.

If you animate the scope with normal frames, and no tweens it would've looked better. But ok, your animation, your style. :]

Scorpioxxx
06-07-2009, 03:52 PM
If you animate the scope with normal frames, and no tweens it would've looked better. But ok, your animation, your style. :]

As far as I'm concerned, tweens are there to be used and is they save me half an hour of work and give virtually and identical result if used right, why not use 'em? Thanks for the ideas though but I don't think it would look much better frame by frame, or it wouldn't if I bothered to do it.

M3D
06-07-2009, 05:11 PM
It does need weight, i agree with Mr. Woof over there.

And really there wasn't much animation. Why does his head move at the last minute? Was it humor?
And his head looks like glass, maybe work on the head explosions.

Woof
06-07-2009, 05:24 PM

And really there wasn't much animation. Why does his head move at the last minute? Was it humor?

Thank you M3D :]

Scorpioxxx
06-08-2009, 12:42 AM

He looks down, then back up at the end. Eh, I liked the weird head burst. will go back to realistic shit if people think its better though. Still don't get this weight thing though.