PDA

View Full Version : Whoaaa whoaa

genocide
06-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Uppercut combo - very pleased with this animation
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/707647uppercutcombo.gif

Really proud of this one, tell me if it is internz yet.

undagada
06-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Hmm... He looks very awkward, drunk, and powerless, but I guess that's what you were going for. However, his hits looked like it had enough force. The run was pretty decent too, besides the strange placement of his arms.

I don't know if you should change anything except the "drunk" style.

Liquid
06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
It was really smooth.
And the run was kind of funny I guess.
I'd say you're about borderline inter.
Try animating something that actually takes more than 10 minutes.

genocide
06-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Hmm... He looks very awkward, drunk, and powerless, but I guess that's what you were going for. However, his hits looked like it had enough force. The run was pretty decent too, besides the strange placement of his arms.

I don't know if you should change anything except the "drunk" style.

When you say drunk style are you reffering to the run at the end, because the rest of it, to me, looks rather sober lol.
Thanks for the comment.

It was really smooth.

And the run was kind of funny I guess.

I'd say you're about borderline inter.

Try animating something that actually takes more than 10 minutes.

Ha, it actually took like 20-25 minutes lol.
Thanks for the comment, but I don't really know what to animate that's long...

undagada
06-14-2009, 05:38 PM
When you say drunk style are you reffering to the run at the end, because the rest of it, to me, looks rather sober lol.
Thanks for the comment.

Well drunk probably isn't the best word, I meant that it looks like he's out of power when he bends over after the first punch, but of course it's not consistent with the rest of the animation so you might want to change that. Huge run-on eh.

genocide
06-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Well drunk probably isn't the best word, I meant that it looks like he's out of power when he bends over after the first punch, but of course it's not consistent with the rest of the animation so you might want to change that. Huge run-on eh.

Well I just made him bend his knees more to give him more power for his kick.., I was gonna make him touch the ground first but that didn't seem like it would look very realistic.

Liquid
06-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Well I just made him bend his knees more to give him more power for his kick.., I was gonna make him touch the ground first but that didn't seem like it would look very realistic.
What ground?

undagada
06-14-2009, 06:08 PM

Really... Doesn't that position look awkward to you? Try it out in real life. Lawl.

It'd be better just to have his elbow bent and on the other side of his torso, so when he kicks, it looks like he's turning his whole torso and rotating his arms.

genocide
06-14-2009, 06:28 PM
What ground?

Ha nice, good point, hmm a better wording would be, the representation of the ground, which would be even with where his feet rested.

Really... Doesn't that position look awkward to you? Try it out in real life. Lawl.

Ha, that's true.

Vorpal
06-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Ah yes, that is refreshing something that can actually be criticized. The movements unique, they were to loose for normal movements and not loose enough for rag doll movements. I recommend either loosening them up or tightening them. The easing was not quite what is needed for intermediate, however fairly close. You just need to emphasis on easing a tad bit or perhaps make movements that are a certain way to where the easing can remain the same. The spacing was very awkward and could really use a monstrous quantity of improvement, that was you worst category by far. And another thing don't make your animations so pall, use other sticks like ground, another stick man or weapons. Or perhaps make him fly or leap, not just him moving in one stationary screen. The punch was lacking in some preparations at it's beginning though it is not lacking in force, a few more frames would do it much more justice. Further more the kick was missing a frame in it, were it lifts up into the air. It most likely could benefit from more easing on the pulling downwards of the leg as well. Same goes for when he is running and his arms are flopping about, there needs to be some more emphasis on easing there or it will seem to rushed and not very smooth. Other than that nothing really to hate about the animation itself, I actually liked it for the most part.
Stars: 3/5.
Out of ten: 6.5/10.

Knowing that most people can barely push a two, your animation is not all that bad and with more effort and practice you could be intermediate very soon. If you had used other things.( like ground, another stick man or weapons ect.) It would have been a considerably higher rating, please take this criticism to heart and continue to make good animations in the future.

---------------------------------Abyssal.

genocide
06-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Ah yes, that is refreshing something that can actually be criticized. The movements unique, they were to loose for normal movements and not loose enough for rag doll movements. I recommend either loosening them up or tightening them. The easing was not quite what is needed for intermediate, however fairly close. You just need to emphasis on easing a tad bit or perhaps make movements that are a certain way to where the easing can remain the same. The spacing was very awkward and could really use a monstrous quantity of improvement, that was you worst category by far. And another thing don't make your animations so pall, use other sticks like ground, another stick man or weapons. Or perhaps make him fly or leap, not just him moving in one stationary screen. The punch was lacking in some preparations at it's beginning though it is not lacking in force, a few more frames would do it much more justice. Further more the kick was missing a frame in it, were it lifts up into the air. It most likely could benefit from more easing on the pulling downwards of the leg as well. Same goes for when he is running and his arms are flopping about, there needs to be some more emphasis on easing there or it will seem to rushed and not very smooth. Other than that nothing really to hate about the animation itself, I actually liked it for the most part.
Stars: 3/5.
Out of ten: 6.5/10.

Knowing that most people can barely push a two, your animation is not all that bad and with more effort and practice you could be intermediate very soon. If you had used other things.( like ground, another stick man or weapons ect.) It would have been a considerably higher rating, please take this criticism to heart and continue to make good animations in the future.

---------------------------------Abyssal.

Wow, dude, that was an extremely long comment, thank you for all the help, I usually have a ground, in fact this is the FIRST animation that I haven't, EVER. I just was seeing if I could keep foot placement without the flood, that's why he isn't at the bottom of the screen, I have noticed even some...not so good foot placement by some internz, so I make that almost my first priority, then easing, and everything else as the rest..

So do you have a thread on DD, if so what section are you in?

Avian
06-15-2009, 10:58 AM
The stickman is way drunk. The arms are too long.
That was a really short combo.

poppetje3D
06-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Cewl man .

Conker303
06-15-2009, 11:41 AM
mE iNk He hAD a WiTtLe tOo ManY

Koanga
06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Okay, fact of the matter is, who gives a flying **** if a stick figure animation is realistic? I mean come on.

Anyway, it was well eased and entertaining to watch, it flowed well and the power behind the hits was enough. You also managed to keep the foot placement even, so good job on that too.

poppetje3D
06-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Okay, fact of the matter is, who gives a flying **** if a stick figure animation is realistic? (I ****ing do!) I mean come on.

Anyway, it was well eased and entertaining to watch, it flowed well and the power behind the hits was enough. You also managed to keep the foot placement even, so good job on that too.

Would you like it if a stickfigure was doing the moonwalk upside down?!

Would you like it is a stickfigure was pissing explosions...
No wait , that's just funny...

Would you like it if a stick figure jumps 50 yards? and land like a stiff twig?

I would not like it.

That's my point :D
Or you are just someone who likes it...

Koanga
06-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Yes, I like seeing a stick do some supernatural things, but, only when it's well animated, such as in Genocide's case.

And no, I would not like seeing a stickfigure fall like a stiff twig from a jump like that, it would hurt my eyes. I'm talking about a good quality animation that isn't so realistic, as some people demand.

06-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Wow. the guy looks like his arms got dislocated after the punches.

Vorpal
06-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes, I like seeing a stick do some supernatural things, but, only when it's well animated, such as in Genocide's case.

And no, I would not like seeing a stickfigure fall like a stiff twig from a jump like that, it would hurt my eyes. I'm talking about a good quality animation that isn't so realistic, as some people demand.

I for one dislike it when an animator makes something seem impossible. For instance: Making a stick figure launch to the moon without injury or negative repercussion. But something more plausible for instance: A stick figure being launched to the moon but being torn to ribbons on his way there. There is a distinct difference between real and not real. Everyone has their preferences.

water12
06-18-2009, 02:23 PM
lol i like the kick animation