PDA

View Full Version : My first "long" animation

demon30
06-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Well hi there boys and girls. I'm Demon. i bet u don't remember me and if you do, i bow to you. This is mah first animation that's over 30 seconds. it isn't much i have to agree... i rushed many parts and stuff, plus i'm only an epic beginner and not an epic veteran (like terkoiz used to be! :'C ) well anyways so here it is. plz coment and say what could be improved and stuffs and i'll hopefuly manage to make myself work on another animation. thanks. yeah... ow ye here's the animation: http://www.*************/open/1245193161 enjoy

TheCreator
06-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Horrible resizing, and you need to work on movements

alcaknight
06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey, not that bad actually. I actually enjoyed watching it. Just work on the explosions, and continue practicing.

doc
06-16-2009, 07:02 PM
That was pretty good! The movements were ok, not great though. And I liked the effects.

demon30
06-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys. this is the first time i did a proper explosion. Yeah i figured some more fight moves could be put in. Saw lil' bit of resizing... hmm guess not the best song but ye... but i thought that the movements were smooth O.o what's wrong with them?

P.S. owh yeah and i know there wasn't much blood but i'm gona try to make my next animations more and more bloody, that's one of my goals lol :P BLOOD FTW!

Cobalt
06-16-2009, 07:31 PM
What tool did you use to draw the sticks?

demon30
06-16-2009, 07:36 PM
partially mouse, partially tablet. i drew with either when i felt like it. i can use both pretty well. oh wait u meant in flash? brush ofcourse! BRUSH FTW!!! BADASS SKILLZ!! lol :p na, if you animate with brush for a while u'll get the hang of it and ur stickmen will look sexy, VERY sexy. u remember terkoiz rait? (i'm hiz faaan! xC HE LEFT NOES!) he made stickmen with brush. they looked pretty sexy. so yeah.

ANSWER IZ - BRUSH

undagada
06-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Pretty good. I like seeing length in animations.

Don't focus on blood just yet - most famous animators get by without ever using blood. Work on movements, and make them fight longer before collapsing for a break, because it gets kinda repetitive after a while.

Actually, I think you had your movements down pretty solidly. Just easing was the problem, and the lack of long combos.

MOAR

TheCreator
06-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah, Raffi, he don't use MUCH blood :P Or atleast not that i've seen O_o

1lasthero
06-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Yeah pratically everything that undagada said, your movements were pretty solid. Just the easing you need to work on.

I like the blur effects and blood that you used. It was Pretty sweet. :heh:

p.s Maybe you can give me some tips on teleporting effects? just a thought.

willc
06-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys. this is the first time i did a proper explosion. Yeah i figured some more fight moves could be put in. Saw lil' bit of resizing... hmm guess not the best song but ye... but i thought that the movements were smooth O.o what's wrong with them?

P.S. owh yeah and i know there wasn't much blood but i'm gona try to make my next animations more and more bloody, that's one of my goals lol :P BLOOD FTW!

I think that was enough blood :Bricked:

demon30
06-17-2009, 05:00 AM
Ok well about blood i just simply want blood... then thanks for the movements tip and yeah i'll try to make bigger combos. i know in this animation the characters were kinda weak meaning the ammount of time they fought for :/ oh well..

Aaaand for teleporting effects? well if the guy controls darkness he can just disappear into it like mine did, or if he controls fire you can just make a swirl of fire or whatever other thing around him that grabs him and "burns" him into nothing and then he can either appear out of air or out of fire again... or simplest is just blur. hmm btw this just made me think bout it. you could make the guy disappear into some kind of small explosions... you know u just have to make it fast. you remember the effects for punches when in Shock 2 they were in uberspeed at the end? you could disappear your stickman into that. That should give the fight some pretty intense speed. :D always happy to halp, and thanks for your help.

Ow ye and willc... :P no that wasn't enough blood for me... i mean for a small animation like this with only 2 people it was prob more than enough but i want MOAR! I WANTZ MASACRE! yeah

P.S. owh shit i written a lot! one who reads all that has good patience lol

Sonoya
06-17-2009, 08:10 AM
an animation this long doesnt need that long of a preloader D:

demon30
06-18-2009, 11:09 AM
lol my apologies