PDA

View Full Version : A goal for the summer.

Devour
07-01-2009, 01:16 AM
I have a lot more spare time now that its summer. So I've set a goal for myself. Its July first now. I want to be able to complete a book by the end of summer vacation. However, I can't think of any ideas for what I should write my book about. So I ask for you to post what you think I should write about. Include a little depth into the topic so its more than "Write about earth getting taken over."
So if anything comes out of me finishing the book, I'll give you credit for it.

Sunder Forge
07-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Write about the adventures of a young buy/girl entering puberty.
But in the end, the twist is the boy/girl, is a actually dog poo.

Zed
07-01-2009, 06:50 AM
What happened to the story about the Grim Reaper (http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102766)which we all made characters and backstories for?

Garuda
07-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I've recently been thinking of a new story in my head, but have just been to lazy to put it down on paper. Your free to to use it as your own idea.

No it's not an end of the world apocolypse scenario either.

It's the year 2021 and the war in the Middle East has been raging on for 20 years. The US military has decided to take a step up, in an attempt to eliminate all insurgent forces in the Middle East, they have upgraded all U.S soldiers to advanced armor and electronics technology. They have been equipped with multi-purpose detection visors in order to spot out IEDS and other possible threats, but little do they know Insurgents have adapted as well. New technologies from an unknown source that the U.S government does not know about are now being distributed throughout what now appears to be a more unified and orderly Insurgency. Though not publically stated, the insurgent forces have engaged in more conventional warfare, more open firefights, and less guerilla tactics. IED attacks have also dwindled compared to the first decade of the war. The new technology being utilized against U.S forces are new forms of EMP offensive devices, they quickly disable all electronically based equipment in its radius and renders a U.S soldier almost completely useless due to there now large electrical dependence. When an EMP device goes off any soldier nearby will have an extremely difficult time returning to full strength, the EMP transmits a message to an unguarded port in the soldiers armor configuration system and constricts the soldiers armor as far as its own safety mechanism will allow. Originally the configuration system was intended to increase physical performance of a soldier and allow him to be extremely effective in combat, increasing awareness and its users strength by a configurable input between +10 pounds to +7,250 pounds of force. However the EMP device manipulates this value and instead of adding force it subtracts it. Once a soldier is disabled he must use his own physical strength to access the overide panel on his armor to disable all armor systems, reports have indicated that soldiers that have been disabled by EMP devices take up to between 10 minutes to 4 hours to move there arm up to the config panel (On their chest). Insurgents use this advantage to take soldiers hostage and utilize their armor for their own gains. What happens to the captured soldiers is still unknown as no reports of escapes from insurgents have been heard of. The EMP device also comes with standard abilities such as disabling the now electronically based Military vehicles and interfering with any Unmanned vehicles also.

U.S. forces are now training Special forces units to combat these EMP devices. There training is considered the most rigorous and difficult training in the entire history of the military all over the world. They do not fight using any electrical equipment, other then their radios. Their training consists of 60 different intelligence tests, all of them consisting of all mathmatical subjects, all psycological subjects, and multiple choice scenario questions, that consist of 24 possible choices per question. Once the 6 months of testing is complete, their test evaluation begins and the men begin their combat training during the evaluation, which takes 6 more months. During those 6 months the men will train in Arctic warfare, jungle warfare, desert warfare, woodland warfare, water-based warfare, high altitude warfare, urban enviroment warfare, space-engagement warfare, and all universal tactics that have been implemented from every military unit around the world and every martial art that will be effective in their mission. The vehicles they will use will be powered only by there own physical strength, as global oil levels are far too low to be used for any vehicles, and electric powered vehicles cannot be used either. A humvee will be modified with pedals similiar to those found on bicycles. While in use the humvee is expected to be used by the 4 passengers to maintain a steady speed of up to 80 miles per hour, an average U.S soldier should be able to pedal for at least 6 hours without becoming tired, the turret gunner is the only one that is not utilized by the humvee. This Special forces unit will be known as Advanced Electronic Warfare Operators or A.E.W.O for short.

The standard operator will be equipped with an M6 multi-purpose rifle, that can be quickly modified in combat to long range, short range, anti-tank, and non-lethal ammunition. No additional attachments are required for the weapon to operate. The Operator will also be equipped with a device manipulator kit that can be used to disable both EMP devices and IEDs manually. Operators also carry a USP .45 Pistol. Operators will have silencers for their rifle and their pistol with them in case the mission requires it. An A.E.W.O squad consists of 6 men, all of which are capable of disabling any dangerous device. However two of the operators are designated to be closely guarding the operator that is disabling a device, one of the other operators are trained as a medic in case an operator gets injured, him and the other 2 soldiers are to stay back with the humvee and be ready to leave the area to radio U.S. forces if the mission does not go to plan.

The military has set a procedure for the A.E.W.O on how to disable a detected EMP device. The EMP device does not only activate on electrical presence but Thermal as well. The Operators will have to spray their bodies with a chemical solution that interferes with Thermal detection, when an Operator gets close to the EMP device the Thermal detection will only see him as a fly, however if the Operator makes any quick movements the Thermal detector will detect the heat signature, the computer on the EMP device will recognize that there is no electrical signature, only a thermal one, once it notices this the device will alert an insurgent monitoring outpost and will quickly release a deadly toxin that constricts a person and within an hour, kills that person. Insurgents originally implemented this as a safety against unaware civilians, as they did not expect military forces to engage without electrical presence. Once the operator is close enough to touch the device, he must inspect and examine all parts of the device to see if it is rigged or has a IED attached to it. The Operator will then follow standard procedure and use his D.M.K or Device Manipulation Kit to disable the EMP device. Once the area has been cleaned the squad will radio any U.S forces intending to move through into the area and tell them its clear.

If an A.E.W.O squad is no longer needed in its assigned region, then they will be reallocated to other Special Forces units that deal with other matters. A.E.W.O operators do not get off-duty time unless reassigned or discharged from the military, so they are discouraged to engage in any romantic relationship unless they are already married.

For now I don't know what else to add so I guess anyone who wants to use that for a story can use it as it is.

I also hope it doesn't get ignored, I didn't copy and paste it from a word document I wrote when I was bored, I seriously just wrote it and built on my story right from the quick reply box, I didn't even go advanced.

Flood
07-01-2009, 10:19 PM
So you want us to tell you the basic summary of a story and you'll just add fillers and give us a little credit?

Devour
07-02-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm using Garuda's awesome idea.
And flood, with me saying that if anything comes out of the story, Im meaning that I'd attempt to have it published. I'd put your real name on the author's notes and give about a paragraph or a page in honor of the person who gave the idea.
Edit: At Zed: The computer died to a virus, and it had to be taken to the computer repair man. He returned the computer good as new, but he deleted everything. I'd had about 100 or so pages done, and I don't want to do it all over again.

Zed
07-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Aww. That sucks. You should back up all your files onto CDs or USB sticks at the end of every day. Maybe twice a day if you're working hard.

Beefy
07-09-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm using Garuda's awesome idea.
And flood, with me saying that if anything comes out of the story, Im meaning that I'd attempt to have it published. I'd put your real name on the author's notes and give about a paragraph or a page in honor of the person who gave the idea.
Edit: At Zed: The computer died to a virus, and it had to be taken to the computer repair man. He returned the computer good as new, but he deleted everything. I'd had about 100 or so pages done, and I don't want to do it all over again.

ah dude that sucks.

‹berschall
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Have fun using someone else's idea, rushing the writing to get it done to a set date and then deliberately trying to have it published.

Beefy
07-09-2009, 02:14 PM
jeez ScHaLL, stop being such a prick.

‹berschall
07-09-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry, but if you really need to force it so bad that you're willing to simply take someone else's idea to create something, it's barely even worth it.

Garuda
07-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Its not a crime, and its worth it...

IF I GAVE HIM THE IDEA

Devour
07-14-2009, 11:01 AM
I think you have a big misunderstanding, Schall. I'm using his idea because I was hoping something better than what I could think up would come out of it. Which did happen. Also, Im not forcing myself to do it. I'd have to be in a bad state of mind to force myself to do a task as time-consuming as writing a book is.
I don't need to publish this. Im merely doing it for the fun of writing a book. Publishing it would just be if I thought it was good enough.