PDA

View Full Version : Tears of the Forsaken (Preveiw)

Arch-Angel
07-01-2009, 07:07 AM
I have no clue where the title came from, so bare with it.
This is defiantly my best animation so far in 2009, and it actually has really good artwork (Scenery and effects). Ignore the ending, I was trying out a new approach at an effect. I'm still messing around with the movements after the electric explosion thing whatever.

This is for your visual orgasm:
http://www.truploader.com/view/281497

No criticism needed. I don't animate that much any more, especially stick figures. I'm doing full body and art crap now. Plus I'm trying to learn more about 3D's MAX.

Vile.
07-01-2009, 07:34 AM
I dont really understand what happend but i like the background.

Tidus
07-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Basically it's a lame fight animation with some fancy text to it? Mmh.

Arch-Angel
07-01-2009, 08:14 AM
Haha.
You can call it that, but that's all that is ever posted on this site anyways. What did you expect?

Mantiscore
07-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Something better, really.

tomocles
07-01-2009, 05:45 PM
what mantiscore said. You only ever seem to pay attention to the effects, whats up with that? the stickfigures did so little, and I couldnt tell what was happening.

Arch-Angel
07-02-2009, 07:22 AM
That is because stick figures are stupid to me now, and I don't feel like taking time with random full body animations. God knows if I animated a full body animation as fast as I did a stick animation, you guys would all hate me lol. This is just one of those side-project things I'm doing to take my mind off of my game. Which is why I'm paying close attention to my effects and stuff right now. The full body animation and stuff in the game looks epic right now, but I'm sure once you guys get a first hand experience at the blood and gore, blowing stuff up, completely destroying people, and of course dieing more times than you have ever died before in any game, you will all come to some realization that guinea pigs will take over the planet. You will also have an orgy in both your pants and eyes.

That is all.

Chunky
07-02-2009, 07:33 AM
emmoooo

kinda sucks really i'd like some sound but i doubt it'd make much difference

i also dislike that you got on your high horse in the description about this, its not all that great

Miccool
07-02-2009, 07:38 AM
The text effects are interesting.. never really seen much of that in flash animations. Name is corny as hell though. haha.

Arch-Angel
07-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Indeed it is, and it is emo lol. This is what happens when I stay up 24 hours straight and get a mental block. The only thing that is really good about it is the effects and I kinda dig the background. Other than that it's just another animation on this site.

tomocles
07-02-2009, 11:50 AM
wow, I really dislike reading your posts, arch-angel...I like working with you, but whenever you talk about your animations, you make yourself out to be so great, and it really, REALLY annoys me, and probably a lot of other users.

Mesmay
07-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Name is corny as hell though. haha.

troof

Also, its not 3D's max lmao, its 3D Studio max (studio is what the s is for)

idk, you havent really done much to comment on.
going back to the name, i honestly dislike it a LOT, and especially if its just a side thing, dont try and pass it off as an epic journey which has some sort of psychological deeper meaning, where every character needs a book to explain their deep tragic past..
what happened to the days animations were just called "frenzy" or "destruction" or "intrusion"... old, maybe, but they certainly do the job.

unique
07-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Mental block, MORE LIKE EMO BLOCK.

Arch-Angel
07-04-2009, 08:08 AM
You know it lol.
Tomocles, you should just assume something retarded when reading one of my posts lol. I haven't/won't post anything good for a while. You should just assume I'm full of myself, because I am. I understand why you dislike my posts, I didslik it people that do the same thing =/ how hypocritical is that lol.

Mesmay, I lol'd. It's true though. The name is retarded and emo. The animation has no story-line at all because I think stick figures are too over rated to have a story line to an animation.

ubique, you're rearded =/ gtfo.

Sunder Forge
07-04-2009, 11:51 AM
The full body animation and stuff in the game looks epic right now
You ****ing self proclaimed whore.
but I'm sure once you guys get a first hand experience at the blood and gore, blowing stuff up, completely destroying people, and of course dieing more times than you have ever died before in any game
I doubt that alot unless the point of the game is to die.
You will also have an orgy in both your pants and eyes.
Never happened, never will

That post resembled Lixu in many ways, hope you're happy D:

alcaknight
07-04-2009, 04:17 PM
To me.. It was alright. It seemed to slow. Not much to crit. Just a beginning. It isn't THAT bad, though so stop giving him hell.

Bonk
07-05-2009, 05:18 AM
I have to agree with most people in this thread. You've done a few really annoying things:

1. LAME NAME
2. Talking the talk... a lot
3. and not even walking the walk very well
4. Saying that you don't want comments
5. Really short animation
6. Excusing yourself and this animation after comments
7. and then talking up your other stuff that no one ever sees
8. Agreeing with people about your manner (if you're aware then why don't you stop?)
9. Having that really annoying manner in the first place

In summary, you post a tiny unfinished animation (with a shit name - and you know it...?), talk it up incredibly while calling for no critisism (why post?), but then immediatly excuse yourself the second the comments turn negative, saying that this isn't your focus and that we should once again be assured that you're really some super epic animator who posts his worst stuff only for some reason.

Arch-Angel
07-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Well the only reason I do that is because:

1- I like to boast about myself, but I would also be the first person to say I suck.
2- People keep telling me that I can do better, but I'm too damn lazy to give a shit about stick figures.
3- I'm sure I said this is my best anim so far in 09 that I've posted haven't I? This doesn't mean it's all that good.
4- If you want to see something good, wait a couple weeks when I decide to preview my game.

The reason I don't ask for criticism is because I already know what's wrong with the animation. Since when is it wrong to post something just because you felt like it? I don't need criticism. As for the retarded emo name, it helps for inspiration. I normally just throw down some words for a name, and it helps me think of ideas for the animation. That's how I got the idea for the background and the fog everywhere =/ I don't know how it happens, but it just does. To be honest the only post I care about is Sunder Forge's. No one else's meant anything.

Sunder Forge, awe lol. Now I feel bad. Not really, but whatever.