PDA

View Full Version : Flash, haha.

Vorpal
07-02-2009, 01:06 AM
http://www.*************/open/1246517434

There is the first one I have done, I don't really know how to animate at 24 frame rate yet.
It looks a lot prettier at 18 fps like pivot, but I am trying to quit that drug. Just want some help and hints from some of my homies.

Covalence
07-02-2009, 01:09 AM
You already know basics, so to hell with those. :|

As for FPS stuff, I assume you know that you need to make more frames for a higher FPS. For example, you would need 10 frames for a movement at 24fps but say only 5-8 at a lower FPS. I think you should try animating at 21, and moving up to get used to it.

Also, could you post the 18fps version?

Vorpal
07-02-2009, 01:18 AM
You already know basics, so to hell with those. :|

As for FPS stuff, I assume you know that you need to make more frames for a higher FPS. For example, you would need 10 frames for a movement at 24fps but say only 5-8 at a lower FPS. I think you should try animating at 21, and moving up to get used to it.

Also, could you post the 18fps version?

Yeah here, http://www.*************/open/1246518275 .
I think it looks a lot better probably from doing all that pivot. I am sure you're right I just need more frames, that way it doesn't look like it's fast forwarding.

N T
07-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Yes, start low, then go higher at fps. That's what I did. I learned how to smooth and ease out my animations at a lower fps then learned to do the same with more frames at a higher fps. The animation looked too fast to see stuff.
Edit:Now it looks ok. There was something I didn't like about the first movement. It was like a leap sort of thing then turned into a step. Everything else looked fine as far as I can tell

Covalence
07-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Yeah, when I first tried Flash I thought the same thing. If you want to get used to animating at 24fps to be in collabs and shit, just do what you consider "overeasing."

Vorpal
07-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Yes, start low, then go higher at fps. That's what I did. I learned how to smooth and ease out my animations at a lower fps then learned to do the same with more frames at a higher fps. The animation looked too fast to see stuff.

Yeah I suppose so, my brain just starts animating as if it were animating in 18 fps. Which I am particularly smooth towards in pivot. However this program requires me to actually start using a different type from all that easing I got used to doing.

Cronos
07-02-2009, 01:39 AM
I suggest keeping with 18 fps at first. What you want to do is

1. Practice drawing the sticks in first.
2. You really need to put alot of effort into drawing every frame.
3. Use hard easing if you are going to do a fast fps, so people can see the attack instead of it changing into another movement straight away.
eg. |-------pun|ch--------|-|-|-| <--- cooldown/followthrough. Do the same thing for anticipation.

Lol, i seem to be going from pivot to flash to pivot to flash and so on. Everytime i leave flash i get better at pivot, but then when i come back to flash, i have to practice drawing the stickmen again :/

poppetje3D
07-02-2009, 05:19 AM
Pivot isn't a drug!

You can do both 2 :P
Like me xD

N T
07-02-2009, 05:21 AM
I haven't seen you do a flash animation, poppet.

poppetje3D
07-02-2009, 05:32 AM
Lol , http://www.truploader.com/view/325559

Now you do :P