PDA

View Full Version : Speedanimation: Rocket Catch

Tidus
07-03-2009, 08:35 AM
http://www.truploader.com/view/892345
30 minute speedanimation hosted on Fluidanims.
Apparantly I won :D.

Tawnik
07-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Well, at first I was like, uhm, okay, another animation, but there isnt anything special, I will just tell him, "nice animation, keep it up".But after a few times watching it I realized that there is something special, something that makes the animation more than "nice" It's the balls trajectory, because the "gun" goes down and the ball is shooted up, then its going straight, its surprised me quite a lot :) So, thats it, thats all I think about the animation.Add sounds and it will be really good =)

Tidus
07-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Well, at first I was like, uhm, okay, another animation, but there isnt anything special, I will just tell him, "nice animation, keep it up".But after a few times watching it I realized that there is something special, something that makes the animation more than "nice" It's the balls trajectory, because the "gun" goes down and the ball is shooted up, then its going straight, its surprised me quite a lot :) So, thats it, thats all I think about the animation.Add sounds and it will be really good =)
Well yeah. Basically the camera first follows the launcher, then after the ball has been launched it follows the ball. Nothing more to it. And I have to say, the way it turned out is indeed nice, but totally unexpected.

Kieran.
07-03-2009, 11:52 AM
I personally loved it.

But I feel more could have been added to the particles.

Avian
07-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Nice animation. Though the blue guy has arms longer than legs.