PDA

View Full Version : guitar and les paul junior help

Teh_One
03-30-2008, 05:29 PM
well, this is to all the guitar players out there.
i have an epiphone les paul junior, and i am content with the sound,ect., but i was thinking about changing the one pickup and adding another one close to the neck.
so what should i do? make an entirley new guitar out of scratch, or should i change my existing guitar?
please help me.

SRC
03-31-2008, 09:58 PM
your first problem is its an epiphone. not sayin they sound bad but a real les paul would sound better. save up i did.

Paco
04-02-2008, 04:16 PM
yeah i agree get a new guitar, and dont buy shitty versions when you can wait and get the new thing and or buy it cheap used.

Deadface.
04-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I am the proud owner of an Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye Custom Les Paul, thank you very much.

I would suggest buying a new guitar altogether, because I was thinking of doing the same to my guitar. My dad told me something that changed my mind. "You aren't planning to play that guitar forever are you?" If answer is no, then don't waste your time on the parts and paying to have it installed on your guitar.

Also, the pickups are a huge part of the sound. EMGs, nigga. You can have a shit guitar with good pickups and strings and it'll be good.

Teh_One
04-02-2008, 10:29 PM
sweet. thanks.
@ SRC, EPIPHONE IS ****ING ALMOST THE SAME AS GIBISON. jesus. gibison can make good guitars, but epiphone works more on quality. they work with what they have, and they produce a good instrument out of it. @ face plate, i have my eye on a epi les paul standerd. pimpin guitar. i like epiphone because they have a darker sound than gibison.

Legend
04-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Stop being a pussy jew and save up for a Gibson. I did, and I've never been happier.

I am the proud owner of an Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye Custom Les Paul, thank you very much.

I would suggest buying a new guitar altogether, because I was thinking of doing the same to my guitar. My dad told me something that changed my mind. "You aren't planning to play that guitar forever are you?" If answer is no, then don't waste your time on the parts and paying to have it installed on your guitar.

Also, the pickups are a huge part of the sound. EMGs, nigga. You can have a shit guitar with good pickups and strings and it'll be good.

That is one Epi worth having. I put one burstbucker in my les paul. But you are wrong by saying a shit guitar with good strings and pickups will be good. It will be mediocre at best. Pickups play a huge part in the sound, but so does the material the guitar is made out of. My gibson is solid mahogany and you can tell it apart from a normal gibson.

BloodFruit
04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I would suggest buying a harmonica.