View Full Version : Need A Mentor..

PhyscoBear
07-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Okay,Is Anyone Willing To Mentor Me...?
The Only Two Things You Need Is...To Know How To Use Flash Great...And MSN xD

So If Anyone Is Willing,Please Reply Here,Or PM Me,Thanks :3

Scorpioxxx
07-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Did you just try to type in all caps? Also, mentors only work if youi already have an insight into what you want to learn.

PhyscoBear
07-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Uhmm,Coulda Just Said No Mate,And I Just Want To Actually Begin...

Woof
07-08-2009, 08:29 AM
i could mentor you, just add me sticktothezone@hotmail.com

though you need a program named " Teamviewer " to see my screen.

Saha
07-08-2009, 08:34 AM
You shouldn't mentor, nor should you ask to be mentored. Its a waste of time and its useless because sooner or later the student is just going to quit. Or, the mentor has better things to do because, well, the mentor has to be good, so hes busy with projects and ect.

Woof
07-08-2009, 08:46 AM
lol thx saha :3

Lixu
07-08-2009, 09:12 AM
You shouldn't mentor, nor should you ask to be mentored. Its a waste of time and its useless because sooner or later the student is just going to quit. Or, the mentor has better things to do because, well, the mentor has to be good, so hes busy with projects and ect.
I thought you said on IRC that people like Hyun and Ssj and shit mentored you...

Big fat ****ing fail.

PhyscoBear
07-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Okay,Now Do You See Why i Fail...?
Because Of People Like Saha Not Even Attempting To Help...
The Only Things He's Said To Me Here Were Screwed Up.
He's Basically Telling Me To Gtfo...
I Added You Wolf.

Rival
07-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Okay,Now Do You See Why i Fail...?
Because Of People Like...........etc.

You fail because you don't even try to do it yourself. You think you need a mentor because you think you can't animate. Try it for a couple of weeks, and then perhaps you need a mentor.

There is a whole section of tutorials wich will help you. Try that first.

PhyscoBear
07-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Rival,Ive Been Doing Pivot For About 2 Months,I Fail At It,Havent Even Tried Easytoon,And Ive Been Doing Flash For About 3 Weeks..The Tut's Ive Seen Arent Helping Me...

TheCreator
07-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Stop talking like that, its annoying the hell out of me, dont capitalize every word. And 3 weeks isnt sht, i have been doing flash for 5 months, and pivot for 2 years, and im only med beginner at both.

Rival
07-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Rival,Ive Been Doing Pivot For About 2 Months,I Fail At It,Havent Even Tried Easytoon,And Ive Been Doing Flash For About 3 Weeks..The Tut's Ive Seen Arent Helping Me...

Improvement comes in the way you want to. If you keep making the same moves over and over again, no wonder it keeps bad. Make an animation, see what's wrong, make it better, until it's good enough to show. Mostly you can see what's wrong yourself, else you just upload it here and ask for CC. But really there is no need for a mentor just yet.

Also try basics first. Walking,running,jumping,punch, etc. Nothing big or anything, but it helps.

people will probably disagree but: I suggest doing pivot for a while, it's way easier to use then flash, and it will probably help you find the good stances.

Stop talking like that, its annoying the hell out of me, dont capitalize every word. And 3 weeks isnt sht, i have been doing flash for 5 months, and pivot for 2 years, and im only med beginner at both.

Thats.....very slow. You even trying?

Liquid
07-08-2009, 04:09 PM
when i did pivot, 2007, i became high intermediate in like 5 months.
step ya game up.

Rival
07-08-2009, 04:16 PM
And what are you now then? Seeing your last post, you're still inter.

Liquid
07-08-2009, 04:26 PM
And what are you now then? Seeing your last post, you're still inter.
probably because i quit the same year.
however, i did do a couple animations this year.

Rival
07-08-2009, 04:31 PM
I saw the soccer one, looked inters.
But ok, I don't really care 'bout that :P

Croix
07-10-2009, 10:13 AM
First of all, I think show off is for showing off animations, not whining about how you suck at Flash.

Second of all, I think you should give it more time. You don't get great in a month. It could probably take like a year to actually get good (above decent, that is). And animating casually, like me, will atleast double the time you need. Of course, if you manage to find someone with waaaay too much spare time, then go ahead, I don't give a shit aslong as you post it on the right forum.

MaxZ
07-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I saw the soccer one, looked inters.
But ok, I don't really care 'bout that :P

Standards get higher after time, everyone gets better so the standards for the ranks will get higher.

Tawnik
07-10-2009, 11:15 AM
If you want to start with animation you should be more patient, as everyone here says, no one gets good after first month :| For example I am animating for 5 years, but I enjoyed them all, improvement is my drug =)
The best thing you can do now is
- practice
- make some friends
- make some friends that can animate
- drink alcohol
- talk to people that animate, ask them for .flas
- join fluidanims irc
- talk to people there
- drink alcohol
- go out as much as you can, thats the best advice, because sitting by your computer does not help you at all !! You're just bored of watching the screen :|
- watch people when you're outside, sit down on the BUS station and watch
- watch movies, especially trailers with PC animation in it, (Transformers) watch parts of the movies online (Transformers)
- search for these words "anticipation" "easing" "fluid animation" "smooth animation" "onion skin" "double framing" "gravity animation" "timing" "spacing" "reactions animation" "frame by frame animation" "pose to pose animation"

Animating is still fun after all those years, it may seem boring after a while but I love it, Im so glad that I've started animating and that I have all my friends (online and real life too =)
If you ever need C&C, feel free to use my PM box or my msn, but I dont use that anymore :D, search for fluidanims irc.

Tidus
07-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Pointless. You do not need help to become skilled at flash or animating. Everyone in here has made it out of his own. It takes somewhat more time, but you develop own styles and methods. Be sure to read tutorials, though. Mentoring is a few steps ahead of reading tutorials. Doubt anyone seriously wants to put time in you, to say it roughly.

Tawnik
07-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Pointless. You do not need help to become skilled at flash or animating. Everyone in here has made it out of his own. It takes somewhat more time, but you develop own styles and methods. Be sure to read tutorials, though. Mentoring is a few steps ahead of reading tutorials. Doubt anyone seriously wants to put time in you, to say it roughly.

Uh, I dont agree with you, I'd be nothing if I didnt have my friends that were commenting my animations and supporting me.

Vile.
07-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I totally agree with tawnik, if we didnt have people commenting our animations. How are we ment to improve, I for one think my own work is great because im not good at critisising myself. However thanks to SPPs harsh comunity it somewhat helped me improve and i think a mentor would be a good idea aslong as you are still keeping your own style.

croft70
07-10-2009, 04:37 PM

i think he mean you dont need somoeno telling you what to do... you need help and comments but no a tutor...

kinto
07-10-2009, 05:56 PM
probably because i quit the same year.
however, i did do a couple animations this year.

Who the f-. When did you randomly decide its okay to come back to SPP. Lol...where did you run off to, or I've been missing you without you being gone lol. Oh and TBS/Dragora/well...all those names is still animating.

Tidus
07-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Riiight. Where the hell is this going to, eh?

Saha
07-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Lixu, you always go hero for the person I flame. Quit sucking dick.By looking at his animations, he doesn't attempt to even work for more than an hour. Those mentors helped me, yes, I admit. I didn't say it was wrong to mentor, dumb****.

Baby steps, you born, you start learning how to crawl, stand then eventually you know how to walk. From walking, you can go to various places like kindergarten. Kindergarten you start learning abc and all that other shit. Move up to primary school then high school then collage then drug addiction. Whatever.

same principals. Learn your physics, easing and movements. Then move up to a mentor. If you can't get your basics done your own. How the hell you expect yourself to even survive in intermediate quality animations.

See my point, Lixu?
Now, stop being immature before you get yourself spanked.

Chimaera
07-11-2009, 08:53 AM
A word on mentoring, it's seldom successful when creating truly great animators, mentoring stops an animator from really creating a unique style, and that's crucial to being recognised and ranked higher as an animator.

Go back to Pivot, make an animation, if you don't think it's that good, open a new file and do it again, the same plot, the same moves, but better, keep doing this until you can't find fault, when you've perfected it, that's when you can see style emerging, and when you've finally developed a style and have become comfortable with a range of movements, that's when you use Flash.

clui
07-11-2009, 09:41 AM
im blue da ba de da ba die da ba die da ba die da ba die da ba die ... im blue!

PhyscoBear
07-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Gah,Sorry Guys...And I Get Your Point Saha...

Tawnik
07-11-2009, 12:05 PM
But wait guys, its not that bad to get a mentor :D It's just comfort that almost no one here had.If someone wants to mentor him, let him try that =)

Rival
07-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Standards get higher after time, everyone gets better so the standards for the ranks will get higher.

But new ones come, and then the standard gets lower again. Really, it keeps being the same.

Arch-Angel
07-12-2009, 09:21 AM
My standards would be about double what everyone elses are =/
I will always find something wrong with an animation, don't worry.