PDA

View Full Version : Choooooooop!

Arithon
07-09-2009, 04:44 AM
I think my the best test. I maked it yesterday's evening and today's morning. I'm proud of this animation and in my opinion it's really not bad...
But what is your opinion? Comment please ^^
http://www.truploader.com/view/355221

Rival
07-09-2009, 04:49 AM
lol, at one hand, you made it that it has immense powers and unrealistic force.

at the other hand you made it so that the black stif was very realistic with the backflip :P

Avian
07-09-2009, 09:20 AM
The camera (ground) shakes way too much.

There was a lot of resizing.

berk01
07-09-2009, 09:25 AM
very good arithon but short

berk01
07-09-2009, 01:14 PM
heehehehe chooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopp

Avian
07-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Don't double post.

Arithon
07-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys, more coment please... It is any good? o.0 And what I must improve (without resizing)?

Rival
07-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Well, the guy came back too fast, and if he really has that much power in his legs, he should jump to him, instead of just a little jump.

Tawnik
07-10-2009, 06:51 AM
First of all you should add more anticipation for each action/movement.
Why ? Because it just looks weird, the first punch, uppercut, it should be pretty powerful, thats why the screen shakes, it tells the audience "hey watchout, he's hitting him really hard" but the movement wasnt and hard/strong/powerful-looking and why ? Because you didnt put enough anticipation and easing in it,
example: http://www.truploader.com/view/921348
(This animation was created today, Im not here to steal your attention I just want to show-how, k ? :D)

The next thing I'd like point out is how people actually animate, if I know there are two ways how to "inbetween".
First way is really simply and a lot of people use that, I used to use it too, but now Im using trully fbf style, the first style is called "pose to pose" animating and why am I talking about it.When someone crouches (like the black guy in your animation) he shouldn't just stop, he should move all the time just a lil bit, you can use "Free transform tool" to make it look more fluid, but if I were you I'd redraw every frame, maybe let him stop for like 1-2 frames but not more, believe me, it looks wayyyy better when you do these fluid movements.

Okay, we're moving on to another thing, the kick when he flips.What was wrong here..He jumps, he flips a lil bit, he kicks and then hes kinda floating in the air, then he flips and hes landing again.It was kinda awkward, you know, people really dont move like that, even stickfigures dont.How would I solve this situation.
Prepare for the jump (crouch) jump ! half flip, kicking, but still flipping and going up in the air, now he would stop for in the air (1-2 frames) the gravity starts to force him down, but hes still flipping/rotating, the he should go down and finish the flip.It should be one smooth/fluid movement.

Next thing, the reaction of the purple guy.
He's falling down, he gets hit by the attacker, on first frame the only part that should be affected by the kick should be the chest/stomach, the legs should still be straight.Next frame, he shouldnt stay on the same place in the air.. his legs should move now.3rd frame, going away from the screen,4th frame, still going away,5th should be away.Thats how would I do that.

And the last thing, arms go down too quickly, its just one frame, boom, their down, did you really wanted it to look like he's punching down ? If no, add more frames and let it look less-powerful.

Oh, another tip, let the sticks for like 10-20 frames just stare at each other before they start to move, its less-confusing =)

Thats everything I have, I think :)

Arithon
07-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Woohoo! That is comment what I waiting for! Really, really tkank you Tawnik. Now I know, what I don't do right (everything? o.0) ^^ I'm going to improve my animations : D

Tawnik
07-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Well, I was waiting for your next animation to tell you what else was not correct, its the animation/body parts flow, because now the black sticks movements are kinda awkward, its because you dont keep the flow right.
All the body parts should move smoothly/fluently, its really hard to explain.Well, if you have time, make an animation with aniticipation and easing and I will try to tell you what you made wrong about "movement flow" okay ? For example animate a guy walking, then crouching, jumping and lending.

Arithon
07-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Ok, I will do that... Maybe next Monday? Hm...? And thank you very much again.
BTW. I correct some bugs in my test... I used free transform, add some frames when it starts, correct the purple stick reaction and slow down the arms. Maybe it is not seen, but I haven't got much time and... Whatever, it's here:
http://www.truploader.com/view/060697
XD

Tawnik
07-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Okay, not much better, but I never fix my animations, because its impossible, just do a new one, it can have the same movements, but dont edit the animation if its that short, its useless ;) just a tip =)

And dont add any shaking to your animations now, its hard to see the flaws, maybe you can do 2 versions, one without shaking and the second with shaking (same for V-cam)

!!Cr@zyEggrolls!!
07-13-2009, 06:04 AM
Awesome! :D I liked it!

Shanto
07-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Tawnik your a C&C master.