PDA

View Full Version : Monking Around {STW}

Stormwalker
07-11-2009, 06:48 PM
So yeah I was in a good mood and pivot is starting to inspire me and I have free time , so I'm back doing a few more practices but I have a bigger project planned now ( not gonna tell you what it is tho) so yeah just keep waiting.

So yeah for now I cooked this up , and I find this quite OK.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5258/monkx.gif
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5258/monkx.gif

LieutenantLeo
07-11-2009, 08:20 PM
this is awsome-posum, i really like the japenese fighting style!

Stormwalker
07-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Thanks, yeah seems a bit like the drunken style doesnt it?

LieutenantLeo
07-12-2009, 06:18 AM
Ya, my animations are crap and i dont have a mentor yet!!! :(

Stormwalker
07-12-2009, 07:24 AM
A mentor really isn't a necessity, I don't recall having a proper mentor myself. Just practice and experiment, a lot of people have gotten very good without mentors.

Rival
07-12-2009, 09:07 AM
You really don't care about physics do you?

Stormwalker
07-12-2009, 09:38 AM
You really don't care about physics do you?

Nope , I used to , not anymore.

Besides I like to give the stick some air time for tricks n stuff.

Rival
07-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Not saying it's bad, It's actually fun, But at the hand jump, he should go a little further.

Stormwalker
07-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Not saying it's bad, It's actually fun, But at the hand jump, he should go a little further.

Oh ok.

Yeah could be but I was trying for him to go high so he would have enough momentum to do the flip.

pdeathz
07-14-2009, 08:50 AM
the beginning is awesome the back spin at the end doesnt feel right though, but i LOVE drunken style

power fuse0
07-14-2009, 09:55 AM
hahahah
I like it :)
I really am thinking about starting pivot again.
As much as i dont want to really.
o.0

Well yeah
nice stw, i like.

Rival
07-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Do it! The pivot section needs you!!

NightBlade
07-14-2009, 10:53 AM
yea!! you could teach me stuff XD no seriously i need to learn...

zawmbee
07-14-2009, 12:28 PM
The physics seem like paper bags to me, he lies in the air way too long. He should really just plummet to the ground, due to the obvious gravitation pull. Pivot =/= Science. Yeah.
Just thought you could use some actually CC.

Rival
07-14-2009, 12:46 PM
He never cared about physics. So that critisism isn't really a help for him :P

zawmbee
07-14-2009, 12:49 PM
You cannot not "care" about something that ruins your work, do you think poets don't care about their rhyming scheme? Or artist don't care about their tehcnique? "I don't care about physics" is saying "I suck at physics and this is my excuse for not doing them to the fullest of my ability by saying I don't care". Haha.

Stormwalker
07-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Well to be honest this is my excuse "I suck at physics and this is my excuse for not doing them to the fullest of my ability by saying I don't care"

I have given up on physics a long time ago , and I see that its just not worth that effort. You cant compare things like that, physics aren't nearly a portion as great for pivot as technique to an artist , come on .. seriously.

Your intention never the less was good, so thanks.

Rival
07-14-2009, 12:59 PM
You cannot not "care" about something that ruins your work, do you think poets don't care about their rhyming scheme? Or artist don't care about their tehcnique? "I don't care about physics" is saying "I suck at physics and this is my excuse for not doing them to the fullest of my ability by saying I don't care". Haha.

...*looks below*...

Well to be honest this is my excuse "I suck at physics and this is my excuse for not doing them to the fullest of my ability by saying I don't care"

I have given up on physics a long time ago , and I see that its just not worth that effort. You cant compare things like that, physics aren't nearly a portion as great for pivot as technique to an artist , come on .. seriously.

Hahaha!

zawmbee
07-14-2009, 01:03 PM

What is worth the effort? because if physics aren't important, neither is easing, or general spacing. Either way, missing out a bit of what makes something perfect is just lazy.

It was a tad far fetched but it's hard to link things towards pivot.

And no problem.

Stormwalker
07-14-2009, 01:17 PM
What is worth the effort? because if physics aren't important, neither is easing, or general spacing. Either way, missing out a bit of what makes something perfect is just lazy.

Honestly I am lazy , especially since I just came back. And physics just take bit too much of effort for their level of importance.

Rival
07-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Where'd you get the .stick btw?

Stormwalker
07-15-2009, 03:16 AM
Some guy on DD. cant remember his name.