PDA

View Full Version : Am I on the right track so far?

!!Cr@zyEggrolls!!
07-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Well.. I've been animating for.. less than a month now. Could you please look at my vids and comment/guide me so that I can deliver better results in the future?

Here is something I've just mashed together..

*************/open/1247480911

(remember to copy and paste the link.. I can't publish links until I've got 20 posts.. rules)

- Craz@yEggrolls

Mantha
07-13-2009, 04:57 AM
http://*************/open/1247480911

There you go.

smily
07-13-2009, 09:16 AM
it's a good short, definately work on easing and anticipation though.

also, i think it would look better if the head stayed connected with the body better. im not sure if your doing this, or not but it helps to have the head on a different layer to the stickman himself.

Tidus
07-13-2009, 09:32 AM
The animation wasn't all that much, but the fact that you're at that level of animating made it even more of a surprise that all the details and effects(sort of) were so good. I liked the camera and the play button, and it's been a while since I've seen a good mirror like floor.
Way to go :).

!!Cr@zyEggrolls!!
07-13-2009, 10:04 AM
it's a good short, definately work on easing and anticipation though.

also, i think it would look better if the head stayed connected with the body better. im not sure if your doing this, or not but it helps to have the head on a different layer to the stickman himself.
Thank you!

I'll keep that in mind in the future :)

- Cr@zyEggrolls

!!Cr@zyEggrolls!!
07-13-2009, 10:08 AM
The animation wasn't all that much, but the fact that you're at that level of animating made it even more of a surprise that all the details and effects(sort of) were so good. I liked the camera and the play button, and it's been a while since I've seen a good mirror like floor.
Way to go :).
The animation was just a test I made for a combined jump and kick. I'll try to make longer animations in the future :)

Thanks for noticing the details. I wasn't sure if I messed up the play button and the floor or not.

- Cr@zyEggrolls

croft70
07-13-2009, 10:53 AM
WOW thats good better than anything I can do... but i think you need to make it fast... i mean the FPS it look like it was in slowmotion

!!Cr@zyEggrolls!!
07-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanx :)

Yeah, it's a bit slow. I feel that I have to work at 18 fps to begin with since I'm still learning the basics and all of that stuff..

I guess I overdid the easing when the stickman was in the air.. my bad.

- Cr@zyEggrolls

Wtf
07-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanx :)

Yeah, it's a bit slow. I feel that I have to work at 18 fps to begin with since I'm still learning the basics and all of that stuff..

I guess I overdid the easing when the stickman was in the air.. my bad.

- Cr@zyEggrolls
You don't need to sign every post you make.

Also good effects.
Reasonable animation.

!!Cr@zyEggrolls!!
07-13-2009, 12:21 PM
You don't need to sign every post you make.

Also good effects.
Reasonable animation.
Oh, sorry.. I guess it's just my weird form of politeness.. I'll cut it out if it bugs you that much.

Thanx for your evaluation.

Arch-Angel
07-13-2009, 02:46 PM
The effects were bad =/
Everything was too dark. Especially when you dropped a shadow for the no camera text. Never use the default filter settings, you should always change every field you can. The distance should normally be 2 for something like that, especially because there is no real light source. You should have also changed the text color.

Spell words out, don't just shorten them because it will save you .2 seconds of your life. People will probably like you more around here if you do.

Edit your posts when you want to say something, don't double post because you think it will save you .2 seconds of your life.