PDA

View Full Version : Practice, practice, PRACTICE!!

!!Cr@zyEggrolls!!
07-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Well, last night i began to look at some other animations, walking animations. Then after a couple of hours I decided to try it out myself, just to se if i could pull it off.

It's not that great, and it loops on forever, but at least it's a start . Fast walking.

http://
www.
swfcabin.
com/open/1247575790

NightBlade
07-14-2009, 07:10 AM
thats... pretty good... and he glows.. and hes completely harmless cause he's 'armless

!!Cr@zyEggrolls!!
07-14-2009, 07:20 AM
thats... pretty good... and he glows.. and hes completely harmless cause he's 'armless
Hahaha.. I laughed.. harmless.. 'armless.. lol

thnx btw

NightBlade
07-14-2009, 07:26 AM
lol that was just a pun :p im betting you could make a nice fight scene too. and why exactly does your stick glow...?

!!Cr@zyEggrolls!!
07-14-2009, 07:46 AM
lol that was just a pun :p im betting you could make a nice fight scene too. and why exactly does your stick glow...?
Is it not obvious why it glows? Because it's cool.

No just joking. As you can see the floor is dark at the top. So to make it easier to evaluate, and to make you focus on the stick itself, I made him glow a little.

NightBlade
07-14-2009, 07:55 AM
oh i see... very clever....

Tawnik
07-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Yes its really cool, could be better but its good, you're improving very quickly =) now try to add arms =)
And remember, the head should move down and up smoothly, not like in your animation.

NightBlade
07-14-2009, 08:30 AM
i could swear ive seen the nickname "tawnik" somewhere before... but i cant place it..

Shanto
07-14-2009, 08:33 AM
i could swear ive seen the nickname "tawnik" somewhere before... but i cant place it..
So did I...I think it was...SPP forums!

As for the anim, your getting better dude. You has potential. :D

NightBlade
07-14-2009, 08:37 AM
never been on spp forums. wait! i think theres a few tawnik animations on stickpage.. yea i think thats it, too lazy to look.

Tawnik
07-14-2009, 08:38 AM
As for the anim, your getting better dude. You has potential. :D

Yeah, A LOT of potential, I'd recommend you to change your nick as soon as possible because people will flame you for it :| but once you show them your animations they'll be like :OOOO

smily
07-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Guys, dont double post and keep on topic..

OT the head should bob up and down very slightly, the leg movements where okay.

Arch-Angel
07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
It's better than the last walking test you posted. Although, the upper body seems to jerk around a bit and the head isn't placed well. You should make your stick figure in a walking pose, and convert it to a movie clip, and then animate him walking in place. That way it will help you with a loop and make it easier to comment on.

The filters are terrible. For the text, you should dim the glow down to a blur of 2 for both x and y values, and make the strength about 90%. Do the same thing for the stick figure if you must have a glow on him.

If you decide to take make the entire walking loop into a movie clip, then this part will help you on the reflection. Just copy and paste the movie clip, flip it and all that good stuff so its aligned with the original MC. Make sure it's underneath of the original though. Click on the reflection_mc and go into the properties panel, set the alpha to around 50%. If you want to make it look really good, make your timeline look like this:

Layer 1(words)
Layer 2(Main walk)
Layer 3(Transparency)
Layer 4(reflection)

Put all of the words and stuff on layer one, your main walk animation on layer two, and do this on layer 3:
Make your ground a linear fill going from white to white(this one has an alpha of 0%). Make it so the 100%white is on the bottom of the screen. You can do this by pressind F and using the gradient tool to flip it. Then put your reflection on layer 4. This will only work with a white background unless you want to give a hand at masking and advanced effects.

ak01
09-25-2009, 04:37 PM
i hadent realy watched any other movies other then stick humer and 1 hit wonders.

TheCreator
09-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Wow no one linked it yet, so ill fix it for ya
http://www.*************/open/1247575790
Thar, ill edit with CC
Very ****in epic
How the **** do you be so good at shadow and shit when thats your first walk? Lol

1lasthero
09-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Very ****in epic
How the **** do you be so good at shadow and shit when thats your first walk? Lol

Exactly, im starting to question that too.

Cronos
09-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Your improving really fast. You also seem to have a grasp of Actionscript from the last animation you made. Just keep up the practice, I suggest, after you practice all of the seperate movements, start creating animations with all of them together, then start practicing your effects more. Also, try out different FPS's, the most popular to animate with is 24.

Happy practicing.

ak01
10-13-2009, 08:04 PM
yeah yeah yeah hes armless hes harmlles hes glowing hes blowing... check out sift heads 0 ill post the site its on soon

Vendetta
10-15-2009, 01:06 PM
he kinda slides back everytime he takes a step

The Dude
10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
yeah yeah yeah hes armless hes harmlles hes glowing hes blowing... check out sift heads 0 ill post the site its on soon

Stop talking about Sift Heads 0, it has nothing to do with this thread.

The reason he's good at the glows and reflection is he makes art in flash, therefore, he knows about how to.