PDA

View Full Version : Help with Stick

ZE4LAND
04-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Hey guys i have a stick figure which i am intending to use for an animation, all is going well but when i go into the next frame and i want to draw him in a different position i drag the squares to change the angle and lenth of him. I only want to change the angle not the lenth. is there any way i can lock the lenth of the object so i can just move the leg and change the angle off it or do i have to convert it to a movie clip or whatever?

If anyone can understand what i am saying please help me :Oh No!:

Thanks ZE4LAND

SoulEater
04-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Nope. We can't understand what you're saying. If you'd repost in a more understandable manner, people could assist you.

Gavel
04-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Can I start by saying that is probably one of the most tedious and ineffective animation strategies you could implement in Flash?

ZE4LAND
04-01-2008, 03:19 AM
Thanks that helped.........

Ok lets put it this way, say if i wanted to animate a stick man like this type of style http://www.swfup.com/file/169856 ,what is the best method of animation, Frame by frame? Tweening? Motion Paths?. I want to make animations but have no idea where to start. Im really keen to get started but need to know what to do before i start. ??????????

I hope this made more sense :) Someone give me a path to follow?..?..?.....

Bonk
04-01-2008, 04:04 AM
Don't use shape tweens. END OF.

Frame by Frame is the way to go. Personally, I don't use tweens or motion paths or any of that crap.

Miccool
04-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Frame by frame is the way to go for that style... Who made that anim btw? I like it.

SoulEater
04-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Stickdudenick/nick/NC made it.

Miccool
04-01-2008, 09:25 AM
NC is stickdudenick.. I didn't know that. :|