PDA

View Full Version : Trance Loop

Flood
07-22-2009, 08:33 AM
My first song I made in FL Studios.

I messed up when I uploaded it and the last couple seconds doesn't have any sound but its supposed to loop. >_>

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/257467

Plague
07-22-2009, 08:38 AM
I may be no expert, but I think you need a good lead. It seems that there is a beat, and some rythm, but no such synth lead. And THAT is very important when making trance IMO. It kinda fills in the beat.

I do like the drum beat, all though it seems to go all over the place and not in some sort of steady rythm. And if you WERE trying to make it an unsteady beat then you should have added a bit more variation to it.

I like it, good for a first.

Exile
07-22-2009, 11:23 AM
This isn't trance, and trance should never be made in a loop.

Trance follows a pretty specific progression of buildup - breakdown - climax, then usually back to the buildup's progression. It also has a kick on every quarter note, commonly referred to as a 4 to the floor beat.

Your song really only has two parts to it, a repeating loop synth that plays on two different notes and a pretty sporadic rhythm section. You need a bassline, some sort of lead synth and some backing chords.

Not bad for a first attempt, but next time put a bit more effort into your work. This sounds like it took you less than an hour make, it usually takes me about 40 hours to make a trance track.

Not that I'm expecting a new musician to put that much into their songs, just try making a song with more than two parts to it next time.