View Full Version : Teh combo

runeth
07-26-2009, 03:10 AM
Yo, ive studied last 2 days and i wanted to animate combo, this is it:
http://www.truploader.com/view/476943

Arch-Angel
07-26-2009, 03:14 AM
1- Two days and you make that?
2- Any chance that you could improve on your grammar?

It was alright I suppose. A lot of resizing and bad movements in there though. That's all you should really work on =/

runeth
07-26-2009, 03:25 AM
I know i am bad at english but you know, im young and still learning.
No i was testing two days and today i was bored so i tested my skills and done this animation if you know what i mean. Bad movements o.O? How to work on this?

zlajaa1
07-26-2009, 03:31 AM
I know i am bad at english but you know, im young and still learning.
No i was testing two days and today i was bored so i tested my skills and done this animation if you know what i mean. Bad movements o.O? How to work on this?

watch the other animations with that theme

runeth
07-26-2009, 09:04 AM
If i will work on resizing issue and on those movements i could try to make a longer animation or do more of those test?

zlajaa1
07-26-2009, 09:24 AM
If i will work on resizing issue and on those movements i could try to make a longer animation or do more of those test?

I'm not experienced at animating but I think you should try to make tests on one thing(for an expl. a simple walk),then post it here and ppl tell how is it then do the other test)an expl.run)and post it

then combine those two

you have to master one by one thing

runeth
07-26-2009, 09:49 AM
I know basics like running and walking or single punch, kicks thats why i do combos with those things. I wanted do something longer. If you tell me what to do every my test ill do whatever you want. For example for next week you(or anybody) give me 2/3 things for day to do and ill animate them you tell what i do wrong i fix it and im cool lol xD

zlajaa1
07-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I know basics like running and walking or single punch, kicks thats why i do combos with those things. I wanted do something longer. If you tell me what to do every my test ill do whatever you want. For example for next week you(or anybody) give me 2/3 things for day to do and ill animate them you tell what i do wrong i fix it and im cool lol xD

ok here's the tip:
when you want some fast move and don't know how many frames it takes exactly do this :

You will need stopwatch,paper and pen

1.step:
-Imagine the move you want to animate
-cache the rhythm and start to repeat in your head

2.step:
-start the stopwatch

3.step:
-Start to drawing lines
(for each subsequent movement by one)

NOTE:Steps 2. and 3. start at same time and stop after 5 sec.

4.step:
-count how many lines you draw and divide with 120

5 sec. = 120 frames

Conclusion:

If your move repeated 14 times during 5 sec. you will get 8.

120(frames)5 sec./14(number of your moves)=8(frames)

so yes the number of frames for your(fast)move is 8.

runeth
07-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Damn, i didnt understand a word :O...

Can you explain it somehow? Anyways i couldn't animate any combo few minuts ago so ill will give something tommorow.

zlajaa1
07-26-2009, 01:29 PM
when you want to animate fast move count how many times that move repeats during the 5 seconds

after you do that divide 120 with number that you count and the result is number of frames needed for your move

FuD
07-26-2009, 03:06 PM
It was generally wobbly, try using the Onion Skin. It is below the frames to the left of the screen. The rest was good, just the blur at the end wasn't needed.

Vile.
07-26-2009, 05:29 PM
when you want to animate fast move count how many times that move repeats during the 5 seconds

after you do that divide 120 with number that you count and the result is number of frames needed for your move

Name a animator that applies that to their animation and ill even try it. But if you want to animate faster just increase the gaps between the onion frames. But dont forget to ease it so it should look like this,

----------
/---------
//--------
////------
///////---
/////////-
//////////
//////////
////////-
///////--
////----
//------
/------
-------

If that makes sense.

Also about your movements, when you kick do you keep your hips facing forwards or do you twist them a little? Try to show this please.

zlajaa1
07-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Name a animator that applies that to their animation and ill even try it.

Borivoj Dovinkovic Bordo,Walt Disney and every one else who did animations before computers , thats a sort of golden rule in old animation called timing , but can be applied in new one

He don't need to use it,I just wanted to share that :Undercover:

But still, it would not be bad to try