PDA

View Full Version : What can I improve on?

insanesk8er!!
07-31-2009, 06:04 PM
hi everyone, I know that I'm a terrible animatior. Here is a sample animation could you guys tell me how I could improve? http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/1467/exampleanimation.gif

stickmaster87
08-02-2009, 11:18 PM
You could work on basic body movments and be smooth and fluent.
:Smile:

poppetje3D
08-03-2009, 06:07 AM
Realism .

Kieran.
08-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Easing
Gravity
Force
Physics
Realism
Choreography
Stick building.

Modification
08-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Everything .

poppetje3D
08-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Agreed .

08-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Realism .

Honestly. you people stick page used to be about being creative, yes it needs some work, but it's different and that's what counts. We don't want some stupid stuff of a guy walking and punching some one. "Ohh it's so nice because it looks real." yea that's great.

Modification
08-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Honestly. you people stick page used to be about being creative, yes it needs some work, but it's different and that's what counts. We don't want some stupid stuff of a guy walking and punching some one. "Ohh it's so nice because it looks real." yea that's great.
Actually yes we do.

Shanto
08-03-2009, 08:40 AM

You can have realism and still be creative. Terkoiz, for example. All of those great animators, actually. They all have realism but still have much creativity in their anims.

08-03-2009, 08:49 AM
You can have realism and still be creative. Terkoiz, for example. All of those great animators, actually. They all have realism but still have much creativity in their anims.

The thing is, now and days a lot of the so call "pro" of pivot want more life realism the actual creativity. just kinda like some guy going to work and getting flattened. not some kind of cool animation. i can understand pivot is limited but i mean come on be creative let physics go off to make some kind of cool back flip of some kind of super jump.

Shanto
08-03-2009, 09:00 AM
You still can do that, but realism means good animating kind of. You can make a high jump if you want, but there is still a certain amount of realism to it. All the great animations you see, do you honestly think anyone could do that "realisticly"? No, they can't (usually). But there is amount of realistic physics and easing and movement in those.

08-03-2009, 09:03 AM
You still can do that, but realism means good animating kind of. You can make a high jump if you want, but there is still a certain amount of realism to it. All the great animations you see, do you honestly think anyone could do that "realisticly"? No, they can't (usually). But there is amount of realistic physics and easing and movement in those.

Kind of what i mean. A lot of people now would bag on that for making some kind of cool animation. like you throw a spike at a body how are you to know how the body is to fall. Kind of thing, if you get what I'm saying.

Shanto
08-03-2009, 09:05 AM
You know how it would fall due to your experiences and studying other motions like it. It can be a cool animation with realism, I sure think most anims on Stickpage are cool, and yet, they have realism.

http://www.fluidanims.com/view.php?id=461

I sure thought that was cool, and so did many others. But it had realistic animation.

08-03-2009, 09:09 AM
That's the thing though you would not know if the body would fall like a chair or just go into a fetal position since you can't really show force you know.

Shanto
08-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Of course you can. And that what makes a good animator, know how things work.

You honestly think Hyun (maker of the above anim) knew how a nuclear yoyo would react against a guy? No, but he made it work realistically because he's a good animator.

08-03-2009, 09:19 AM
I guess so. I guess it's all experimentation.