Sonoya
08-03-2009, 07:53 PM
like, im sorta losing most of my motive to animate and well this is the result

im sorry if i disappointing you
lol?

http://www.truploader.com/view/374733

proslayar
08-03-2009, 08:51 PM
its ok, prety smooth, a bit wobbly and i think those sticks could use some bulking up.

Modification
08-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Wobbly as hell and stick size was inconsistent.

stickmaster87
08-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Thats not even a fight!!

Clips
08-04-2009, 01:03 AM
Stickmaster shutup
How you draw your sticks is probably the only flaw, other than that I really liked

oh yeah also at the end when the stickman gets punched to the ground, he should hit the ground and them bounce, because the head is just staying on the ground

anyway Good job, your improving

Vacuum
08-04-2009, 01:10 AM
You could be the first one to post an animation in the REOPENED BEGINNERS THREAD :D

But nah, you're pretty cool.

Clips
08-04-2009, 05:57 AM
Oh, i forgot It was reopened...
still I'D rather you post threads

Dasch
08-04-2009, 06:56 AM
like, im sorta losing most of my motive to animate and well this is the result

im sorry if i disappointing you
lol?

i like it ! xD probably cuz i'm worse then u but i still like it !! xD

Sonoya
08-04-2009, 01:02 PM
eh i figure i jsut better take a small brake from animating
till i get good inspiration

shayphis
08-04-2009, 01:05 PM
One guy kicks the ass of another. Good movements, but some of the stick's parts don't connect right.

Overall, its ok. I'd give it a 5/10.

lorretto
08-05-2009, 09:24 AM
good job.. can do much better

spanned
08-05-2009, 02:21 PM
the other stick should fight back more.. then it can be a fight

Mr.Pancake
08-05-2009, 07:03 PM
it wasn't that bad, heres some advice:

first of all, your stick style, they are kinda stiff, they also look a bit awkward, thats because their arms are too short. make them somewhat longer then the groin and you'll probably see the difference. proportions are pretty important when it comes to drawing sticks.

they might seem easy to draw, but the fact that they don't have much detail, gives you the priority to spend more time on the proportions. looking at sticks fight, badly out of proportion doesn't seem very attractive.

then there's the animation part.

the whole animation lacks the bit of anticipation and follow trough. what I always do is set the keys first. with keys i mean the most important poses of the stick. you should see what a stick is doing by playing the main keys at a low frame rate, if you dont know what the hell is going on , the you drew the wrong key poses.

when you got the main keys down, its time to make it as smooth as possible by adding inbetweens, the actual frames that make the movement.

your anticipation could use more extreme "loading times". by loading times i mean the time that he holds an action before it actually starts. like if he punches, his arm goes back, keep it there for a while so your watchers actualy know what he is going to do next.

follow trough, if he has made his punch, the energy of the punch needs to "flow out" he's still "tired" from the punch, so don't make his arm go back very fast, just let the arm stay at the end of the punch action for a while, then make it move back to idle position.

reactions are also important, if you hit a block front on, it moves backwards, not upwards or sideways. just look at your last action, where he punches the guy down. he hits him in the groin, center of gravity, still his back bends forward (in the middle) and his legs fly back, making his head smack the ground.

thats not right, if he hit the man in his groin, both his back and legs should stay straightened and flop forwards while the center of gravity ( his groin/waist) should move BACKWARDS. so not fall onto the ground and bounce, he's not on an elastic floor , or is he?

his waist should shove over the ground while his upper body and legs drag behind it. no bounce is needed, a slight bounce might be ok, but remember, he's not on a trampoline or elastic ground.

hope that helped :)

sunnygo
08-05-2009, 07:12 PM
These animations are really addictive :D

Sonoya
08-05-2009, 09:33 PM
it wasn't that bad, heres some advice:

first of all, your stick style, they are kinda stiff, they also look a bit awkward, thats because their arms are too short. make them somewhat longer then the groin and you'll probably see the difference. proportions are pretty important when it comes to drawing sticks.

they might seem easy to draw, but the fact that they don't have much detail, gives you the priority to spend more time on the proportions. looking at sticks fight, badly out of proportion doesn't seem very attractive.

then there's the animation part.

the whole animation lacks the bit of anticipation and follow trough. what I always do is set the keys first. with keys i mean the most important poses of the stick. you should see what a stick is doing by playing the main keys at a low frame rate, if you dont know what the hell is going on , the you drew the wrong key poses.

when you got the main keys down, its time to make it as smooth as possible by adding inbetweens, the actual frames that make the movement.

your anticipation could use more extreme "loading times". by loading times i mean the time that he holds an action before it actually starts. like if he punches, his arm goes back, keep it there for a while so your watchers actualy know what he is going to do next.

follow trough, if he has made his punch, the energy of the punch needs to "flow out" he's still "tired" from the punch, so don't make his arm go back very fast, just let the arm stay at the end of the punch action for a while, then make it move back to idle position.

reactions are also important, if you hit a block front on, it moves backwards, not upwards or sideways. just look at your last action, where he punches the guy down. he hits him in the groin, center of gravity, still his back bends forward (in the middle) and his legs fly back, making his head smack the ground.

thats not right, if he hit the man in his groin, both his back and legs should stay straightened and flop forwards while the center of gravity ( his groin/waist) should move BACKWARDS. so not fall onto the ground and bounce, he's not on an elastic floor , or is he?

his waist should shove over the ground while his upper body and legs drag behind it. no bounce is needed, a slight bounce might be ok, but remember, he's not on a trampoline or elastic ground.

hope that helped :)

wow... thanks you sure know your stuff but, can u make a tutorial specified to me?

Cronos
08-06-2009, 01:43 AM
I loved it, especially when he spun his arms around. Your reactions are pretty good too, helps emphasize the force. Ive noticed that in your previouse animations you always had random text appear for every block or attack ect. I suggest you keep doing that, develop that as a trait, because in my eyes it adds humor to the animation.

Cant wait to see more, good job.

Mr.Pancake
08-06-2009, 04:21 AM
wow... thanks you sure know your stuff but, can u make a tutorial specified to me?

i'll see if i can find some time :)