PDA

View Full Version : exchange

Cosmonaut
08-10-2009, 08:32 PM
half assed, half unfinished animation about a depressed individual i did a couple months ago

i didn't care about how it looks or how well its animated, just wanted to animate a story for once. tbh i was high as shit when i started this and pretty blazed through the next day when i did the rest.

3 fps and the musics is exchange by massive attack, tried to make it go with the music

http://filebox.me/view/6khctbcpw

c&c i suppose

Lixu
08-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Wow, I actually really like this slow style, and the music fits perfect.

Cosmonaut
08-11-2009, 08:29 AM
bitchin, thanks man

Cosmonaut
08-11-2009, 08:56 PM
AWESOME GUYS THANKS!

you guys are the greatest really

Flood
08-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Pretty choppy and wobbly as hell. I understand you didn't care about the quality of it, but it looks like you didn't even try. And it wasn't really a story.

undagada
08-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Not bad if this was your first try at a "story". It fit well with the music and I was pretty entertained by it. Camera angles weren't bad either.

Next time you should add more detail. The slow FPS was alright I suppose.

Overall: Good direction, intolerable quality.

Cosmonaut
08-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Pretty choppy and wobbly as hell. I understand you didn't care about the quality of it, but it looks like you didn't even try. And it wasn't really a story.
if something is at 3fps its gonna be pretty choppy yo,and i wanted it to be choppy, wobbly was gonna be part of the story. also 1st animation in over a year, its not gonna be that great.

STORY: the guy is depressed, so he drinks until he runs out of booze, still depressed and with no way to drown his sorrows, he turn to a gun that he has. puts it up to his head, and closes his eyes just as he's going to pull the trigger somehow on his table is a joint and some headphones. puts the gun down, puts on the headphones, and takes a hit. then when he blows out the smoke out everything would have been different, as in i would have used the line/circle tool for his body and re-done the background, as in his perception of the world is no longer all shitty, after that he was just gonna chill and smoke whilst the music finishes.
now that i think of it i dunno whether to call this a story or not, eh

honestly not trying to make excuses, there are parts that should have been fixed or just plain re-done, but i've been trying to upload this thing ever since i made it and got so frustrated i just wanted to put it up and be done with it.

Not bad if this was your first try at a "story". It fit well with the music and I was pretty entertained by it. Camera angles weren't bad either.

Next time you should add more detail. The slow FPS was alright I suppose.

Overall: Good direction, intolerable quality.
indeed this is the first thing that isn't a stick fight.
and yes it is indeed very bad quality

thanks to the both of you

**stickman**
08-12-2009, 12:19 AM
different.....really different

Devour
08-12-2009, 01:06 AM
I should totally do something like this. Its actually pretty enjoyable to watch, and it doesn't require all the skill that fights take.

Cosmonaut
08-12-2009, 04:04 PM
indeed you should sir

thanks bro