PDA

View Full Version : Flash game completion!

sunnygo
08-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Hi there people, here's the complete version of the game. Look i don't know how to actionscript so you can only walk around and shoot.

And i don't know how to implement a pre loader.

http://sunny-go.deviantart.com/art/game-completion-133036090

Miccool
08-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Wow, that looks really pretty, the effects and the backgrounds alone are just nice to look at. The coding is a bit messed up though. Pressing two buttons at once or one after another really screws it up.

sunnygo
08-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Wow, that looks really pretty, the effects and the backgrounds alone are just nice to look at. The coding is a bit messed up though. Pressing two buttons at once or one after another really screws it up.

Lol, like i said. I really have no idea how to script. This was just a concept for a game :p

german321
08-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Wow That Is Awesome Haha
Bat She Rus? She Got The Rus Wepone Ak47 Xd

Scorpioxxx
08-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Massive flaws in the script thats there but assuming you copy-pasted it, it doesn't matter.

Other than that, with the animations played as part of a game(?) you need to alter some stuff, like the running lunges forwards when it first starts moving.

Some of the big specials are rather choppy in the sense that it looks like you way over double-framed. Before you call lag, those things in the background were moving as normal.

Pretty graphics but I'd say you need to either learn to script and touch up on how you put sprites together or stick to making animations when you actually animate the change from standing to beginning to run.

White Spiral
08-12-2009, 09:17 AM
That's coming together great. And HOLY ****ING CRAP at the specials. They're even better IN GAME than in your short on the other thread.

sunnygo
08-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Massive flaws in the script thats there but assuming you copy-pasted it, it doesn't matter.

Other than that, with the animations played as part of a game(?) you need to alter some stuff, like the running lunges forwards when it first starts moving.

Some of the big specials are rather choppy in the sense that it looks like you way over double-framed. Before you call lag, those things in the background were moving as normal.

Pretty graphics but I'd say you need to either learn to script and touch up on how you put sprites together or stick to making animations when you actually animate the change from standing to beginning to run.

Yeah, but i really didn't care, i only wanted to do animation. The game and scripting part was just done to get my grade :P

Scorpioxxx
08-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Yeah, but i really didn't care, i only wanted to do animation. The game and scripting part was just done to get my grade :P

Then ignore anything to do with scripting and sprite compilation and read they bit where I told you it was eyecandy.

undagada
08-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Daaaaaayuuum yo, that's some amazing graphics. Hire some actionscripter to finish the job for you and build some more levels, and then you'll make Weekly 1st on Newgrounds.

I'd suggest making different startup effects for each special though.