View Full Version : punch, kick, kill, test

**stickman**
08-12-2009, 12:24 AM
http://www.truploader.com/view/389665

trying out flash.... i think it went well....any tips

when u get to sight click view the uploaded file

smily
08-12-2009, 12:50 AM
it was alright. you really need to focus on keeping the sticks steady rather than wobbly ~ to do this all you need to do is take time and care with each frame. dont try to rush things because thats not your best.

as for the blood, remember physics. the blood wouldnt shoot up in randon lines, it would burst out of a wound, and the blood would fall too the floor.

as for the sticks, more easing is required. there should be alot more buildup too the hits. to achieve this add more frames or 'antisipation' before the punch or kick is thrown. then there is easing. i cant explane this well but basicaly nothing can achieve instant speed, it needs to build up. in this case when the stick starts its first punch it should move very slowly and get faster. after the first punch it should get a LITTLE bit slower then gain speed again for the kick.

last of all you need to work on physics for the stick on the left. if you are falling you would get faster and faster due to gravity ~ so when he falls off of the cliff he should gain speed gradualy rather than move at a constant rate.

in all work on controling your sticks to make them less wobbily, physics antisipation and easing.

zlajaa1
08-12-2009, 08:21 AM
nice bg

animation nice but sticks are too fat

the guy could fall more naturaly its about physic yeees

**stickman**
08-12-2009, 10:17 AM
it was alright. you really need to focus on keeping the sticks steady rather than wobbly ~ to do this all you need to do is take time and care with each frame. dont try to rush things because thats not your best.

as for the blood, remember physics. the blood wouldnt shoot up in randon lines, it would burst out of a wound, and the blood would fall too the floor.

as for the sticks, more easing is required. there should be alot more buildup too the hits. to achieve this add more frames or 'antisipation' before the punch or kick is thrown. then there is easing. i cant explane this well but basicaly nothing can achieve instant speed, it needs to build up. in this case when the stick starts its first punch it should move very slowly and get faster. after the first punch it should get a LITTLE bit slower then gain speed again for the kick.

last of all you need to work on physics for the stick on the left. if you are falling you would get faster and faster due to gravity ~ so when he falls off of the cliff he should gain speed gradualy rather than move at a constant rate.

in all work on controling your sticks to make them less wobbily, physics antisipation and easing.

hey thanks for the tips Im kinda new to flash so they are well appreciated...

**stickman**
08-12-2009, 10:22 AM
nice bg

animation nice but sticks are too fat

the guy could fall more naturaly its about physic yeees

Thanks!!!:Smile:

thats how i do my sticks so idk but I'll try to make them a little thinner...
and thanks for the tips

ET-gadsada
08-12-2009, 04:42 PM
If u just up the fps it would make it smoother, and the heads need to be kinda bigger but other than that it is nice.

cakes
08-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Good, for a first try. Looks like you got your inspiration for the background from Tha Cliff? Well the heads compared to the fat bodies make the stickmen look weird, and the fall could use a little bit of work, but aside from that looked fine for a first try :D

Tidus
08-16-2009, 01:00 AM
It's very typical; just by the moves you animated you can see you are inexperienced. Go ahead and try some more advanced things, examples: uppercuts, spin-kicks, jump kicks, elbow smashes. If you start early with more advanced things, you'll end up being really good earlier than the others.

dad_13
08-17-2009, 08:15 PM
nothing to say, everybody have his own style, abaout the blood, who it falls, etc. Was good man, good work, i'd Like the background

**stickman**
08-17-2009, 09:20 PM
hey thanks dude:Smile:

tazdingoman
08-19-2009, 03:22 AM
I liked it the bacground is nice