PDA

View Full Version : A long story to go with an animation.

Devour
08-25-2009, 01:49 AM
If you're too lazy to read, you're going to miss an epic story to the animation. It makes everything make sense. But skip to the bottom if you must.

I've woken up in this dark prison. I can't see anything around me, though. Its all black.
Feeling my face, I see that my head was actually covered with a bag. That explains the musty smell. I also notice that my hands are bound by some sort of restraint.
With some difficulty, I manage to undo the zipper of the bag over my head. Now I can see the room. Its low-tech just like most of the prison cells everywhere. Made of the traditional steel, with a cement floor and a bed hanging off the wall. Outside the door of my cell though, is the technology of the year 2442. Although the way prisons are made is primitive and flimsy compared to the outside world, they still do their job.
I look at my hands and see that they're restrained by electronic repulsor bonds. It sort of looks like orange beams are bending around my hand and connecting together.
For most people, this technology would have defeated all their hope of escaping from their room unassisted. But I wasnt just any person. I used to create this kind of technology myself.
Grabbing the bag that was lying on the floor, I put the metal zipper in where the two circles met.There was a short burst of sparks, and then the bonds turned transparent. Strongly magnetized to the zipper itself. My hands were free.
However, I could guarantee that there were sensors in this room, and that they were made to sense outbursts of sparks like this, just in case some prisoner accidently had this happen to them. A security guard would be here in a few moments, and I had to set everything up. I hid the bonds and the bag behind my back, one in each hand. And after a short wait, the door to my cell opened and a security guard walked in.
I had feared that they would send more than one in, but my fears were proven wrong. They sent only one man. I was after all, only a lonely unemployed man.
"I know what happened, sir." He said. "Don't attempt anything stupid cause your bonds fell off. Most people take it as a chance to escape, but things dont end well for them."
I nod, pretending to cooperate with him.
"Now give me your hands." He reached his arms out with another set of bonds. Amber this time.
And it was in position. I swung the bag and the bonds around from my back. In a blur, I brought the bag down in-between the guard's arms. When the zipper reached the space in between them, I yanked upwards separated the zipper from the bonds I had. They reformed over the security guard's arms, leaving him trapped. And he only gaped at me in surprise.
Then before he could call for backup, I whipped out and struck him in the face. While he was off balance I ran over and shoved him as hard as I could. The bonds prevented him from catching himself as his head smacked solidly into the cement wall. A trail of blood followed the guard's head as he slid down the wall. But there wasn't time for remorse. I had to get out of here. My son's life depended on it. As far as I knew I was the only one who knew the cure for the disease he had.
I stripped everything I would need from the guard. His taser - the gun was too loud - His baton, his ID, all his keycards, and his fingerprint cards. I couldnt take his uniform. It didnt even come off without a personal password.
I stepped to leave the room. This wasnt a big prison, and somewhere in it was a teleporter. The world didnt make cars anymore once those were made. They were completely pollution free, and ran on a watch battery. However, they were also highly guarded, but I believed I could pass through it with what I'd taken from the guard. Nobody would be able to take all this without killing one of them.
In sudden memory, I froze myself, inches from the exit of the door where I'd be seen by the cameras.
They werent watched by people anymore. The cameras were robots, basically. Their programming made them pretty much spot out anything that didn't have a guard's badge on them, and sending an alarm for backup to anything that didnt, during certain hours. I headed back and clipped the now dead guard's badge.
I walked outside and closed the door behind me. My room wouldnt be checked again until somebody smelled the body of the dead guard. Robots fed the prisoners with food and water, and supplied their medicine. All that people needed to do was supply physical force and act as sentries in the hallways.
It was easy to find my way around in here. I'd been in here for ten years now. My family stopped visiting me once my son got the disease a few weeks ago. But after what seemed like an hour of walking, I still found my way to the front desk.
There the teleporter was. On the other side of the glass. I just needed to find my way around.
I continued down the way I was going. Using one of the keycards to open up yet another door, it opened. And on the other side was a security guard, who's features quickly changed to shock. Thankfully, prison life has taught me a lot more about acting quick than being a security guard did. I instantly kicked the guard's gun out of his belt, and knocked him in the shoulder. He stumbled back, and I rushed after him.
The guard unexpectedly whirled around and struck me in the gut, and I doubled over. He then delivered a strong elbow to the soft spot on my shoulder. As I fell down, I expected him to start beating down on me like the prisoners here do, but no. He reached for his walkie talkie to call for an extra hand.
I reached out and pulled his leg out from under him. He dropped the walkie talkie and caught himself on the glass. I quickly got up and punched him in the face. As he stumbled back, I pulled out my baton and extended it. I hit him on the right knee as hard as I could. He screamed as his leg suddenly crunched and bent to the left. To silence him I hit him again on the top of the head.
I could guarantee at least 5 more guards were coming. I had to hurry.
I started beating on the glass window with the baton, and I covered my eyes with my arm so the coming explosion of glass didnt get in them.
And there was an explosion. Alarms instantly started blaring. I had little time before the teleporter's room locked up. But I should be able to make it. The alarm's supposed to sound because of a prisoner escaping the cell, not being 10 feet away from it.
I climbed over in a haste, cutting up my palms. But I made it to the door in no time.
I produced fingerprint cards, the stolen ID, and the badge where it was needed. All doors were open but the last one, which required a keycard. And as I used that, the doors locked up. The glass door didnt budge.
I knew for sure that the teleporter's room had defenses for things such as me, but I didnt know what. But at this point I didnt care. Id be lucky to get a lifetime in here for killing the first guard.
Covering my eyes, I smashed open the glass. I knew right away what the room's defenses were. Pain started bunching at my sides. Causing me to yelp before I knew what was going on. I ran closer to the teleporter. By the time I reached half way, my whole body was wracked with pain. Everywhere, twisting and roaring and ripping through every nerve of my being. I clenched my teeth and ran on, as the pain got worse. My head felt like it was about to explode and my eyes felt like they were on fire. The rest of me felt like I was dipped into a pot of boiling oil.
I knew there were guards outside of the room. They'd wait till the alarm stopped. Not daring to come in here. I'd gotten this far, so I'd be waiting in mortal agony until they got here. I couldnt stop.
I realized I'd dropped to my knees. I got back up. My skin's touch feeling like acid onto a papercut to my skin. I realized when I crashed into it that I reached the teleporter. Quickly I got inside. The pain generators were at full blast. I couldnt hold it in anymore, I was screaming in agony. I didnt care where the teleporter took me. I had to get out of here. Out of this horrible room's reach. Anywhere at all. I couldnt last.
I had the strength to tell the machine to keep me on this country. But then I collapsed. My fist pounded on the buttons.
And suddenly I was free.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8980/backflipkick.gif

The end.

For those who read, the guy who came out of nowhere was the main character. C&C This please.

MaxZ
08-25-2009, 01:55 AM
That was actually quite sexy. Great ragdoll and easing. Although it wobbles a bit.

Devour
08-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Yeah I apologize for that. It was crappy editing while I animated one figure at a time like I did in flash.

Zed
08-25-2009, 02:11 AM
Is it me, or did you just write a small novel in order to explain the logical fault with your animation?

The physics on the flipping guy were off. He went up, then down a bit, then up a bit, then down again. I liked the protagonist's reaction though. 'Twas near perfect, although perhaps the force was going more diagonally than straight down. I'll cc the story too if you like.

Devour
08-25-2009, 02:15 AM
Is it me, or did you just write a small novel in order to explain the logical fault with your animation?

I'll cc the story too if you like.
I actually created it cause Abyssal said on msn that the guy coming out of nowhere didnt make sense. It also was sort of funny to add the animation as an ending to the story.
Oh and I also like writing.

And sure. I'm posting the story in the Literature section without the animation in it.

Zed
08-25-2009, 02:32 AM
It was very funny. I was reading that thinking, "the animation at the end of this is gonna be intense,"* I was waiting for epic battle scenes and brutally murdering a guard who was just doing his job and actually being fairly nice about it. Then suddenly, BLAM! I end up with the animation that I would have actually expected considering that you only said you were going to make one yesterday. You got me good.

*You know what else is intense? CAMPING! If there is any greater joke in the world, I don't want to know about it.

Devour
08-25-2009, 02:42 AM
BLAM! I end up with the animation that I would have actually expected considering that you only said you were going to make one yesterday. You got me good.
Wat. The animation wasnt supposed to be a movie version of the story I wrote, but what happened after he teleported away.
Also I cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Cronos
08-25-2009, 02:46 AM
This isn't a mock animation is it?

Firstly, I liked it how it went with the story, was random, haha.

Now, the jump lacked easing, although you anticipated before it. You need to account for physics slightly more (sad i know, coming from me). The spin was choppy, so I suggest you either trail the arms and legs, or ease his rotation. He should rotate 180 degrees until he almost peaks his height, then slow down the rotation, as he falls down, speed the rotation up again and finish the flip. The kick had good force, but it was amazingly jittery, and he was also levitating, but who cares. The reation was ok... It was also eased well, and you used the bounce effect well, but it was choppy, and I noticed the frame he hit the ground his legs were folded, then the were all of a sudden streched out, try make the movement of the legs more pronounce. The arms where kind of weird, I guess you tried to make them react to him bouncing back up. I suggest using really close together frames when he bounces, that applies to the arms too.

To some up, it was ok... could use some work.

Vorpal
08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Sexy .

Zed
08-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Wat. The animation wasnt supposed to be a movie version of the story I wrote, but what happened after he teleported away.
Also I cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

I realise that now, but when I read that it wouldn't make sense without the story I thought maybe it would be like the bonds braking on the bag that needed explaining or something like that. I would have been stunned if you had managed to produce an animated equivalent of that story, but I was half expecting it. I must say, I was a little disappointed.

Vorpal
08-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I realise that now, but when I read that it wouldn't make sense without the story I thought maybe it would be like the bonds braking on the bag that needed explaining or something like that. I would have been stunned if you had managed to produce an animated equivalent of that story, but I was half expecting it. I must say, I was a little disappointed.

SEXY!You can't be disappointing with something that was an add on, let alone a SEXY! add on.

kidwiththeshoes
08-29-2009, 05:07 PM

Hahaha, it's the new type of animating, story animating.

08-31-2009, 01:02 AM

There is nothing wrong with it. Yes it does need a little work but nothing is ever perfect. It's an add on, not ment to be a very good ending. i mean unless the person wants it to be and has the skill and knowledge to do so.