PDA

View Full Version : Two decently good animations IMO.

MonsterBreath12
08-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Havn't been on stick page for a while now.

Oh well, here my shit;

http://www.imageflock.com/img/1250280399.gif
Some dude made a stick on DD and i thought i could test it lul.

http://www.imageflock.com/img/1250733763.gif
I test with a stick i made pretty good.

http://imageflock.com/img/1251213711.gif
Pretty cool IMO.

Comment please?

Zed
08-25-2009, 09:25 AM
I like them. They're well eased, well spaced, and generally well done. The bottom one breaks his knee twice, though. Was that intentional?

Cronos
08-25-2009, 09:25 AM
I think they are great, only thing I could think of would be to make them flow more. I have pretty much the same problem, mine need more flow too. They are pretty well eased too. Although the walk in the last animation is abit dodgy.

Keep at it!

Zed: Why do people always care when we hyper extend their joints? I do it all the time. I enjoy animating like that so I do it. It doesn't have to be 100% realistic haha.

MonsterBreath12
08-25-2009, 09:29 AM
I like them. They're well eased, well spaced, and generally well done. The bottom one breaks his knee twice, though. Was that intentional?

Impact i guess

I dunno, i don't really animate realisticly but yeah, thanx.

And Crono, The walk was suppost to be stop n go, but yeah didnt turn out that well :/

ulionx
08-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Nice ones, but what zed said the knee break thing looks kinda odd.

Vorpal
08-25-2009, 11:38 AM
There is a really long delay in the transition of movements, I myself used to have a really huge problem with that. The answer is to do less huge movements. Try something like this.
http://www.imagebee.net/viewer.php?file=bwdep9f81j3z9mlcmau5.gif
I am not going to image it because it is your thread. But if you look at this you will likely understand.

MonsterBreath12
08-25-2009, 12:21 PM
ooooooooh i see.

What i have is "Stop n go" style. Its good but at the same time bad(thats what pplz say) i think i ease to much and i should get it going lol.

Ile try to fix that carp.

Edit: your pivot tenchu/twisted simpothy rite?

Vorpal
08-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Yup, I had those names for a while.

likwid_Metal
08-25-2009, 12:32 PM
the top animation kicked ass, but when a person does a backflip, they usually jump straight up, not backwards as you do not get enough rotation to make it completely around. in real backflipping tutorials, they teach you to jump straight up, and then tuck your arms under your kneecaps, not jump backwards. and now that i look at it closely, when he does jump backwards and you move him over to the middle of the screen, he continues to fall directly downwards. if he started going backwards in the beginning of the ani, he must continue to go backwards. he can't stop and change direction in mid air.

Avian
08-25-2009, 01:59 PM
It's okay. Eased (Wow !).
No beginners.

Vorpal
08-25-2009, 07:54 PM
When did people decide that realism is so damn important? They will worship someone who has a realistic flip but not realize that the character who did a flip just threw a fire ball and that there is nothing realistic about throwing a fire ball. That in it's own makes it selective nit picking of something that there really is no problem with, not every thing can or even has to be realistic, it all matters how entertained you are. Is it entertaining? Yes? Than shut the **** up.

Flood
08-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Are you kidding me? So your saying someone good have a stickman drag around the screen and you'd be okay with it being unrealistic?

Vorpal
08-25-2009, 08:12 PM
As long as the result is equally good as those who have a bunch of realism. Of course if someone trying to do it realistically is going to get the same result I don't why the hell should it matter being realistic or not? If the flip looks just as nice as a realistic one it should make no difference.

likwid_Metal
08-25-2009, 09:09 PM
he wants some critiques that are going to help him. making the stickman as real as possible, to some limitation, is going to improve his animating skills, and the animation. sure we can look past the things, but its the little things that can make an animation kick ass or kinda lame. he put it here to be nit picked so he could improve on his mistakes. jeez guys. lay off a bit.

Vorpal
08-25-2009, 10:48 PM
he wants some critiques that are going to help him. making the stickman as real as possible, to some limitation, is going to improve his animating skills, and the animation. sure we can look past the things, but its the little things that can make an animation kick ass or kinda lame. he put it here to be nit picked so he could improve on his mistakes. jeez guys. lay off a bit.
That is sort of counter productive now isn't it? A realistic stick man? In fact what I am saying is that realism isn't the only way that people should think he has to improve, yet everyone always tries to point it out and when they get more realistic it doesn't mean it looks any better. So the nit picking doesn't always or even usually make them better, I believe it is people just repeating what people before them said. It was said to people who actually needed it, instead of being realism Nazis perhaps everyone should think of something more creative to say. Sure realism would be nice in this case, but everyone always leaps straight to that because they have nothing better to say and it's getting really annoying. How can anyone improve when they are only being told the one thing by everyone? They can't that's how. Nigh I digress that criticism quality has become pall and stale since I joined, however that still is no excuse for people who are not very good at animating and not very good at criticism to claim that they are right and I am wrong. I have been here for a while and I am good enough at animating and criticism to have at least a slightly respectable opinion. Yet every beginner that joins feels the need to challenge my word and act as though they actually posses knowledge of the matter and chances are they don't posses any, most can barely spell let alone have the knowledge of multiple years of animating or even remember what ever the **** they had for breakfast. Though the truth is that the experience I speak of isn't deeply arcane or anything of that sort. It just get really irritating when people all say the same thing and pretend like they are right just because everyone else said it, though most of the others who would be saying that would be ignorant of the same caliber. It's like running off a cliff only because everyone else is doing it just because there is candy on the bottom and when I question it people just assume I am some sort of mental midget because everyone else said that that's how it is. Even though I may have been down the cliff many times people refuse to acknowledge that and continue with their leaping into a sad cycle, not fully understanding what they are even doing. Yet I regress that it seems like most people have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to animating and seem to ignore or attempt to counter those with more know how than they do. What has it become a mother ****ing zietgiest to question anything that doesn't seem standard? Well? What about " Laying off?" Well? What about it? Why don't you bastards lay off of the whole realism thing? It is very annoying.
I end with stop being realism fags and stop pretending that it is so damn important that if it isn't there the animation is garbage.

ipwnall
08-25-2009, 11:21 PM
The creator of the ninja stick in your top animation's name is Hersh. I'm sure he would appreciate credit.

Anyway you're movements are alright but pretty stiff at times and there's no real flow.

MonsterBreath12
08-26-2009, 08:02 AM
That is sort of counter productive now isn't it? A realistic stick man? In fact what I am saying is that realism isn't the only way that people should think he has to improve, yet everyone always tries to point it out and when they get more realistic it doesn't mean it looks any better. So the nit picking doesn't always or even usually make them better, I believe it is people just repeating what people before them said. It was said to people who actually needed it, instead of being realism Nazis perhaps everyone should think of something more creative to say. Sure realism would be nice in this case, but everyone always leaps straight to that because they have nothing better to say and it's getting really annoying. How can anyone improve when they are only being told the one thing by everyone? They can't that's how. Nigh I digress that criticism quality has become pall and stale since I joined, however that still is no excuse for people who are not very good at animating and not very good at criticism to claim that they are right and I am wrong. I have been here for a while and I am good enough at animating and criticism to have at least a slightly respectable opinion. Yet every beginner that joins feels the need to challenge my word and act as though they actually posses knowledge of the matter and chances are they don't posses any, most can barely spell let alone have the knowledge of multiple years of animating or even remember what ever the **** they had for breakfast. Though the truth is that the experience I speak of isn't deeply arcane or anything of that sort. It just get really irritating when people all say the same thing and pretend like they are right just because everyone else said it, though most of the others who would be saying that would be ignorant of the same caliber. It's like running off a cliff only because everyone else is doing it just because there is candy on the bottom and when I question it people just assume I am some sort of mental midget because everyone else said that that's how it is. Even though I may have been down the cliff many times people refuse to acknowledge that and continue with their leaping into a sad cycle, not fully understanding what they are even doing. Yet I regress that it seems like most people have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to animating and seem to ignore or attempt to counter those with more know how than they do. What has it become a mother ****ing zietgiest to question anything that doesn't seem standard? Well? What about " Laying off?" Well? What about it? Why don't you bastards lay off of the whole realism thing? It is very annoying.
I end with stop being realism fags and stop pretending that it is so damn important that if it isn't there the animation is garbage.

I hope he replys, cause THANK YOU.

I remember back on Darkdemon i was one of the only guys who gave CC. Just cause i don't post alot, they steal my shit. Then the animator says like *thanks for the CC* And Jesus almighty EVERYONE else repeats its. They completly ignore me. Thats why i gave up on DD. And hopfully this doesnt happen. I highly doubt it, cause i never had that problem. And i dont care as much as on DD. Cause theres threads and shit.

Zed
08-26-2009, 08:08 AM
DD's dreadful for cc. The only way to get any is to cc someone else's thread and then ask for "courtesy".

MonsterBreath12
08-26-2009, 08:13 AM
DD's dreadful for cc. The only way to get any is to cc someone else's thread and then ask for "courtesy".

I know, i give well CC(IMO) and like 2 guys bother to courtz.

Rival
08-26-2009, 08:58 AM
That is sort {etc.}

Too. Much. Freaking. Text.

Just say what you want, and don't mind others saying realism should be used at all cost.

The creator looks at your opinion and can either change and adjust his anim, or say he disagrees with it. That simple.

MonsterBreath12
08-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Can't anyone comment on my fail filp for **** sakes?

Vorpal
08-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Yes, the screen change is the only thing I didn't care for, it didn't show a very nice transaction of movements. I also think it would have been more badass if he put all that flip force straight up. Though the easing was alright it could have used like one extra frame from the take off. I like it.

MonsterBreath12
08-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Alright. Il post something else soon for now imma chill.

kidwiththeshoes
08-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Loved the first one, nice easing.