PDA

View Full Version : My very first Pivot

Teriyakid
08-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Its my 3rd and a half day of pivoting and this is my first animation so go easy on me xD... Its very short btw...
Another thing, I did NOT create the background, blood effects, or the knife...
only the Stk-man and the animation...
All accusations are acceptable lol, just tell me what I did wrong, and what I need to work on to be better =\
Hopefully I'll be able to to create my own backgrounds, effects, ect. later on when I am better
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7429/firstanimation.gif
*This is pretty old now, and I kinda just realized how shitty it is =\*

Bamein
08-30-2009, 05:41 PM
utter garbage...

Teriyakid
08-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Here goes another VERY short one I did...
Just tell me my errors so i can improve
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/553/randomkill.gif

08-31-2009, 12:48 AM
utter garbage...

Okay i'm sorry to be a dick, Well no i'm not. Learn to use your brain, this is not criticism, that's just picking on some one for making an animation.

Cronos
08-31-2009, 02:17 AM
Its one of the best "first" animations I have seen, so IMO its pretty good for a first.

But, it is still pretty bad compared to other people. Although I see potential in you.

For alot of great tutorials, and i mean tonnes and tonnes of them, go here:

http://www.stickbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=107

I pretty much completely left this place lol, I still havn't been demoted from Admin.

Hope these helped

08-31-2009, 02:27 AM
You Will never be Demoted Cronos.

Zed
08-31-2009, 03:07 AM
Holy **** I'm in one of those as "recomended"! :)

Teriyakid: That's great for a first. I'm still going to recomend you go to the beginners section though. There're still some problems with your physics, stiffness, and easing, which I'm sure you can sort out easily with a few tests. Keep up the good work.

Avian
08-31-2009, 03:10 AM
Okay i'm sorry to be a dick, Well no i'm not. Learn to use your brain, this is not criticism, that's just picking on some one for making an animation.
Well, no one asked for criticism.

It lacked easing. Learn the basics movements like walk, run, jump, punch, kick, etc. When you master the basics, you can add effects (teleportation, beam, etc.) and gradually increase the animation's lenght.

This is one of the faster ways to improve.

Teriyakid
08-31-2009, 06:53 AM
alrite, thnx guys... ill go practice more
as most ppl r saying, i should go do tests first...

08-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Well, no one asked for criticism.

It lacked easing. Learn the basics movements like walk, run, jump, punch, kick, etc. When you master the basics, you can add effects (teleportation, beam, etc.) and gradually increase the animation's lenght.

This is one of the faster ways to improve.

But That's the thing, you post A pivot, you kind of want some good Some good Criticism, to learn from what you messed up, not it's complete crap.

kidwiththeshoes
08-31-2009, 10:04 AM
But That's the thing, you post A pivot, you kind of want some good Some good Criticism, to learn from what you messed up, not it's complete crap.

Hey, it's his fault for posting in the wrong section.

chrischao320
08-31-2009, 10:11 AM
i have a dumb and fast one

08-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey, it's his fault for posting in the wrong section.

Not really, maybe he wants better criticism From better players. Because I don't get much in the beginner section.

Teriyakid
08-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Not really, maybe he wants better criticism From better players. Because I don't get much in the beginner section.
Wow, took the words right outta meh mouth =\
Eactly what i wanted to see lol, i wanna be critisized by more experienced ppl...
not ppl who make tuts on youtube, yet there the ones who need to watch them...

Zed
08-31-2009, 03:20 PM
I critted you in the beginners section - not your first because I had done that here already, but your second. I try to crit everyone who passes through there. If anything, I still post in the beginners section because I get more cc there than in my own thread (now rotting onto the second page).

You can do what you want though, none of the mods care enough to ban people who don't and they'd have no real ground to do so if they did.

Teriyakid
08-31-2009, 04:01 PM
I critted you in the beginners section - not your first because I had done that here already, but your second. I try to crit everyone who passes through there. If anything, I still post in the beginners section because I get more cc there than in my own thread (now rotting onto the second page).

You can do what you want though, none of the mods care enough to ban people who don't and they'd have no real ground to do so if they did.
One question, whats CC :Embarrassed:
lol i've heard it everywhere but i dunno what ppl mean by that

Zed
08-31-2009, 04:02 PM
CC is Constructive Criticism. It's when we tell you what we think of your animation and how to improve it.

Teriyakid
08-31-2009, 04:09 PM
CC is Constructive Criticism. It's when we tell you what we think of your animation and how to improve it.
:Ohhhhh: ooooh ._.
should've knew that lol, thnx

BlisS
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM

tough love form those who care that you progress

Tortuga
10-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Lol, nice bump ^

Did you just call everyone on stick page "players"? lol =]... are you implying this is a game?