PDA

View Full Version : First Pivot

Brad1007
09-07-2009, 08:40 PM
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad213/YGPBrad/first.gif
Used the default stick and some i got from a pivot pack please comment so i can see how i am and how i can improve ty :)

insanesk8er!!
09-07-2009, 09:07 PM
the land was a little wierd and work on easing your run. Oh and don't use the default stick on pivot!

Avian
09-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Used the default stick and some i got from a pivot pack please comment so i can see how i am and how i can improve ty :)
Well, you shouldn't use the default stick, but make another one that can bend its back (or download another one). The landing was weird, he should land faster.

Zed
09-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Not bad for a first, but it's outside beginners so you're getting a full cc.

The arms didn't appear to move on the run at all. This was due a combination of having one stride per cutscreen and too much heavy spacing without enough anticipation or easing. You also need to extend the arms more. No one runs with their arms tucked in like that unless they're still in a cast from two dislocated elbows.

The back leg bends too much when it's off the ground which sends the momentum of the foot off the wrong way.

When the stick is in the air during the run he isn't vertically eased which ruins your gravity.

The jump lacks any anticipation and is undereased on the way into the crouch.

The tremour when he jumps needs to be vertical. Yours has too much horizontal movement.

The bit just before the landing has one or two frames too many. I'd cut the first one between having just seen the foot and contact definitely, maybe the one right before contact too.

The landing is jerky and doesn't absorb the force enough. The arms are stiff at that point too. Move every joint in every frame.

After the landing when he jumps down you completely throw easing out the window and that again throws off your gravity. He needs to accelerate on the way down and be slower at the top.

The guy lying down spends one frame too many falling back after he bounces up again. Put him in his final position a frame earlier. His arms are flung back a frame too slowly as well and that reduces the force too much.

I didn't like the way the ground moved off screen at the end. A tremour would have been reasonable but permanant moving looks wrong.

Don't use the base stick. Make one yourself with a few back joints. It will help with all your movements.

Overall you need to improve your momentum physics, your gravity, your easing in both directions, and your stiffness.

If you'd posted in beginners you'd have gotten: "excellent for your first but try not to make the landing so stiff and work a bit on your easing. I thought the non default stick was well done." Tbh, I think that's what you should start off with. No one could absorb all the other stuff in one go. I advise you to post in beginners next time; it's better all round.

mexicanhitman
09-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Looks awesome, i dont know much about pivot even tho i have it

The Dude
09-19-2009, 01:54 PM
First pivot my ****ing ass.

anfu
09-19-2009, 03:14 PM
was I the only one who saw that weird trail thing?

I like this animation, its pretty good, but the landing needed more impact.

15 Master1
09-20-2009, 05:04 AM
Used the default stick and some i got from a pivot pack please comment so i can see how i am and how i can improve ty :) nice one for first