PDA

View Full Version : Background

explosivecontent
09-08-2009, 05:29 PM
http://filebox.me/view/fzxw5bytf

Here, i have posted a background i made in preparation of an extremely large project i suddenly decided to do. Please tell me how i may make the background better, and if you think it is good for the start of a long animation, then please say so. (There will be multiple places, but this is the starting point.) I will also be making the background scroll. (Volcanoe will move the slowest, ground moves faster etc. i know that stuff):Smile:

~EC

Vile.
09-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Animate the clouds in a movie clip, animate the lava in a movie clip, Put mountains in the background and blur them, the lines dont look nice. Also this is art.

Tork
09-09-2009, 12:50 PM
i like it :) i love making backgrounds :D
but a few tips:
- the volcanoe is quite distracting, maybe you should make this ground a little bit higher, or the volcanoe smaller, i don't know. just keep in mind it's distracting.

- the lava river looks like thunder, not like a lava river

-there's a great cloud tutorial on SPP!
http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83657

this is not to offend you, you did a great job :d!

Sonoya
09-11-2009, 03:59 PM
the sky looks like how i make mines... well.. i just dont see much in the scene really u should try backing up the volcano a bit and make the sky redish for that hot and steamy feel and clouds can be black. yeah yeah.. the flooring seems plain as well. put rocks in there and some bones in the ground..

Arch-Angel
09-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Add more perspective to it. The volcano looks like it would be rather small, and that it is close to the camera. Volcano's don't spew laval unless they're just erupting (Aside from the occasional lava pockets but you shouldn't be able to see them). So the sky would be dark with a dark gray haze of clouds looming over the earth. Make sure to include smoke if you choose to take this approach.

If you are aiming for a volcano that has not yet erupted, then add a bunch of mountains and a calm, suttle feeling to the background. I think you should work more on animating and scenery before you try a large project.