PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm... Beginner? At least i don't think so.

TTP~
09-13-2009, 01:02 PM
YAY! got 20 posts!
hey all i'm from DD.org, i have been using pivot for 6 or 7 months i guess, latelly i've been trying to achieve a more realistic style, guess i did not failed that hard!

Newest on top.

Spy Thingy
http://pivotup.com/files/aqjhsczb.gif
dunno if i continue this... ??

Walk to run
http://pivotup.com/files/qzx64i0g.gif
Lieks!my old style will be posted soon!

COMMENT PEEPS!

Credits:
Crono
wereZ
Droidz

Rival
09-13-2009, 01:28 PM
How the hell do you run IRL??? I'm really curious....

Well, I think you should stick with beginner for a little bit. The reason isn't because it's bad or something, but it's a bit too basic and the back is quite stiff too. Work on that and you'll be great.

Srsly though: how the hell do you run irl.....hint hint.

zawmbee
09-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Grrr, DDfags taking our jobs.

Zed
09-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Kinda like Rival said. The way you animated in terms of easing, spacing, choppiness, etc., wasn't bad on the whole, but what you animated was very unrealsitic. I'm tempted to link you to my walking tutorial, but I need to cut down on that sort of thing and the run was more of a problem.

What is it you have against straightening legs? And who runs with their wrists pointing rigidly down at the ground?

On the top one, how did the gun disappear from the red guy's hand and end up in that of the blue guy? And why did he only pop a cap in his arse instead of shooting the bugger in the head?

Generally, stiffness, easing, and choppiness were good, and you didn't get your physics wrong. To improve, you need to move the upper leg much more than you are doing and extend your strides more.

You can post outside beginners if you like - anyone can - but if "ranks are silly" hadn't been my user title up until yesterday I would say that I don't think it's interz.

Cronos
09-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Apperantly on DD it doesn't matter how good you animate, aslong as you suck up to Crono and use realistic .stks/style you will be loved.

Although, luckily, in this case, you are pretty good. Keep it up, and for your running, make the camera follow him, so it isn't choppy.

TTP~
09-14-2009, 05:30 AM
thank you guys, but you must undearstand that this style is super difficult, it's really hard to animate realism without shakyness.
i know you don't like dd, but it has the greatest realism tutorial ever - about realism.
you can see it's pretty hard to do it without shakyness.
and i like that style.

N T
09-14-2009, 05:38 AM
You're beginner. High beginner at most.

Nice stks though. Wonder how you made them.

Avian
09-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Running - his back is very stiff and in weird pose.
Walking - his back should bend.

TTP~
09-14-2009, 07:27 AM
well, backs don't bend too much while you're walking, only when you're a old man, but thanks for the tips.

BTW: the credits are to crono and wereZ

Zed
09-14-2009, 01:30 PM
thank you guys, but you must undearstand that this style is super difficult, it's really hard to animate realism without shakyness.
i know you don't like dd, but it has the greatest realism tutorial ever - about realism.
you can see it's pretty hard to do it without shakyness.
and i like that style.

I can just about understand why you animate like you are doing if you're aiming for realism, but in my opinion you missed. Look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwvtPJB9Ff4&feature=related

If you have the body upright like these runners, then you only bring the upper leg back as far as you do, and if you're going to do that then you need to extend the front leg much further out. The upper leg literally needs to go horizontal.

If you have the body leant forward like you have it then a runner can put the upper leg much further back. Stand up and try it. Stand on one leg and, keeping your body upright, pull your foot into your backside with both hands and try to pull the knee back as far as possible. It won't go very far. Now lean your upper body forward and watch in wonder as your knee goes back so that your upper leg is still in line with your torso. When you animate a running stick figure, the back leg at full extension should be in line with the body. What you have done is to animate the back leg as though the body was upright and the front leg as though it was leant forward (and even that's a little underdone) and the cumulitive effect is shocking.

On your walk you extend the leg too early. Only start the extension once the upper leg has passed the body and don't finish the extension until the upper leg has been moving backwards for a couple of frames (you do the latter already but don't forget it if you change your walk. So many do).

TTP~
09-14-2009, 06:20 PM
the walking is a bit old anyway, i have a up, gotta post tomorrow, gotta go.

byeee~

Cronos
09-15-2009, 02:37 AM
TTP: I think if you didn't focus so much on realism, you would be a much better animator, probly better than me. And I acknowledge the fact that realism is pretty difficult to pull off.

But if you want to keep animating this realisticly, then go for it. You can only get better from here!

... Unless of yours you develop some sort of continouse hand twitching virus... :3

MonsterBreath12
09-18-2009, 05:37 PM
SLide? Its bluefire from DD :)

bubbles
09-29-2009, 11:06 AM
I think your sorta midway between high beginner and loww interz. All I know is that your better than me.
no screw that!! you are mid interz!!!