PDA

View Full Version : New album updates/info

Exile
09-16-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm releasing a new album soon, ideally before the end of the year.

To avoid just releasing a collection of the kind of music I do now and calling it an album, I'm doing several new things with my music, including:

- Professional mastering, if I can afford it (preorders might be taken to help with this)

- Physical copies will be available for the first time. I know I've said this before but this time I already have the details worked out for the most part

- The album will, most likely, include music other than trance. I've begun experimenting with a mixture of trance and genres such as IDM, dnb and breakbeat. Even jazz influences might appear in some of the songs. The album will also include some downtempo interludes.

- Access to recording equipment means there's potential for live recordings, probably with guitar/piano, though I haven't written anything yet for them.

- An original vocal trance track is in the works, for those of you who seem to like my Satellite remix.

- Most of the songs will be new for the album, while old, reworked songs will also reappear. I've already started to rework a song I made almost two years ago, though most won't be that old. The album could potentially be two discs if I decide to rework enough of my already-made music for an album release.

Plenty of you have been bothering me to make a new album, so I'm going to use this thread as a blog/update section for those of you interested in buying it when it comes out. For those of you without the ability to buy it, I'll make sure there's something available for free as well, but keep in mind I'm putting money towards the production of this album, so I can't hope to give away everything for free. I'm also trying to save up for a synthesizer, probably a Moog Voyager, and the profits from this will be going towards that.

--

Update: Wednesday, September 16th

Album announced, two tracks are as complete as they can be so far, both of them previously unreleased. Not sure how long I want to make the album yet, but factoring in old songs that I want to include into the album, I have about 6-8 songs prepared for the album. I'm hoping the album will be at least an hour long, but I don't know how many songs that's going to take. Most of my songs are about 6-10 minutes long as it is so as it stands right now, there's a good chance the album will be a two-disc release.

It's way too early for audio demos so far, so it might be a few months before you get an idea of what the album will sound like. What I have completed is much better than any of the music I've released so far, though. At least in my opinion.

I've contacted two vocalists about a potential original vocal trance track, I'm waiting for replies from them. I haven't written anything for it yet, though I want to secure a vocalist before I worry about that.

Friday, September 18th

I'm starting to notice flaws in the two songs I finished, though on the bright side, I did finish a new song today. It's by far the best song I've ever made, production-wise and musically.

The next item on the agenda is reworking those other two songs, one of which has some serious production issues. From there I'll rework the songs I've already written, so I can focus on original music.

I'll put up audio demos once I get at least three fully completed tracks.

Wednesday, September 23rd

Just wrote two of the most beautiful melodies I've ever written consecutively, thanks to music theory I'm finally learning how to properly utilize 6/9/11th chords. They're mostly used for jazz to add "color" to music but they're opening up completely new harmonic possibilities in chord progressions beyond the basic I IV V chords trance music (mine especially) is so keen on using.

Don't have time tonight to work on them, tomorrow will be a good day for this album.

Monday, October 12th

Been busy, haven't worked as much on the album as I wanted to. I don't have any more finished tracks but I do have a lot more ideas that I can eventually produce into full songs when I get the time. Everything is trance so far, though I'm doing some pretty new stuff with it.

Still unsure on the original vocal trance track, but I am collaborating with another producer for a track on the album.

I'll most likely put up an audio preview or two tomorrow.

Exile
09-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Album information

Album title: Untitled so far

Amount completed: ~15%, 1 finished track, 2 WIP's, 2 songs that need re-working

Estimated Release Date: December 2009

Tracks (In no order, yet):

1. The Gates to Paradise [Complete] (7:22)

2. Life Force [Needs Reworking, 0% Complete] (?)

3. Now and Forever (2009 Re-Edit) [Needs Reworking, 0% complete] (?)

4. Untitled collab with Immersiv [WIP, ~20% complete] (?)

5. Untitled track [WIP, ~30% complete] (?)

axcho
09-16-2009, 11:47 PM
An original vocal trance track is in the works, for those of you who seem to like my Satellite remix.Your Satellite remix is one of my favorite trance songs. For serious.

Yay about the new album.

Exile
09-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Haha, thanks axcho. I think some of the songs on this album will work well with Dejeweled.

New update. Keep an eye out for preorders/audio demos, which might be coming sooner than I thought.

Mantha
09-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah, Satellite was the best.

Exile
10-12-2009, 10:46 PM
urg, no response from the vocalist I contacted

Bumping anyways, I'll be posting audio demos tomorrow.