PDA

View Full Version : Google's Inevitable Domination

Doomdooer
04-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Google will eventually rule the world.
PROOF (http://i27.tinypic.com/54ghat.jpg)

But for real, where do you think Google will go from here? Will it buy out Yahoo, as some have thought? Will it make the G-phone?

How will Google conquer the Earth?

Bonk
04-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Personally, nothing like Yahoo stands a serious threat to warrant a buy-out.

Google is comfortably ahead, I think it is in the dictionary now or something.

MiniMan
04-07-2008, 10:20 AM
What makes it so it will rule the world? I'm getting a bit tired of everyone saying "Oh man, google is going to control everything!" No, they won't, google is nothing more than a search engine that is thinking of about expanding to bring in better profit. After Apple released their computer and made the iPod and iPhone did anyone say they were going to take over the world? How about when Microsoft made the Zune?

Their just expanding for more profit because the search enginge itself can only earn so much profit. Not going for world domination and even if they did make the GPhone, the GCOmputer or whatever G they can make they are not going to get any real domination powers unless they were in the government and I haven't heard of a buisness being the president.

Kaas
04-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I think it a good thing that google takes over so much corporations.
It's a healthy threat to Microsoft for example.
(fun stuff how mozilla-firefox refuses to put "google" in their standard dictionary for English XD)

Cereal Man
04-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Personally, nothing like Yahoo stands a serious threat to warrant a buy-out.

Google is comfortably ahead, I think it is in the dictionary now or something.

Gogol means 1 followed by 100 zero's.

Doomdooer
04-07-2008, 01:48 PM
What makes it so it will rule the world? I'm getting a bit tired of everyone saying "Oh man, google is going to control everything!"

Maybe because it's a joke that flew straight over your head.

No, they won't, google is nothing more than a search engine that is thinking of about expanding to bring in better profit. After Apple released their computer and made the iPod and iPhone did anyone say they were going to take over the world? How about when Microsoft made the Zune?

Their just expanding for more profit because the search enginge itself can only earn so much profit. Not going for world domination and even if they did make the GPhone, the GCOmputer or whatever G they can make they are not going to get any real domination powers unless they were in the government and I haven't heard of a buisness being the president.
All I have to say is, Thank you Captain Obvious.
What would we ever do without you?

I think it a good thing that google takes over so much corporations.
It's a healthy threat to Microsoft for example.

They really did fix some of the problems Youtube was having, and they provide great services.
I'd like to see them eventually come out with an OS or possibly a browser of their own.

Rather Cheesy
04-07-2008, 02:01 PM
As Miniman said Google obviously won't rule the world. But I support Google in its quest to be the best company out there. It brings in some very health competition. And their really good at it to. I want to see Google become the next Apple or Microsoft. I heard somewhere that Google was after the wavelengths [or whatever thier called] that the TV stations used to work on [their heading fro digital now which means that the wave lengths will have no current use when they are all digital] I heard they were going to use it to make a nation wide wifi hotspot. I forgot where I heard this though so don't call it credible...

@Kaas; My firefox cam with Google in the dictionary...

Kaas
04-07-2008, 03:47 PM
@Kaas; My firefox cam with Google in the dictionary...

Hmm, I guess I downloaded a different version of English then (not sarcastic).
(and why don't you use the spelling-checker? :'))

52xM
04-08-2008, 11:14 AM
As Miniman said Google obviously won't rule the world. But I support Google in its quest to be the best company out there. It brings in some very health competition. And their really good at it to. I want to see Google become the next Apple or Microsoft. I heard somewhere that Google was after the wavelengths [or whatever thier called] that the TV stations used to work on [their heading fro digital now which means that the wave lengths will have no current use when they are all digital] I heard they were going to use it to make a nation wide wifi hotspot. I forgot where I heard this though so don't call it credible...

If you're talking about FCC's 700MHz auction, Google was pushing the price up to make the wavelengths free for all platforms. The deal was that if the price of the most wanted wavelength went over a specific amount (4,6 billion dollares if I'm not mistaken), it would be made open to all platforms.
So basically, they never even wanted to win the auction, just make it open.

Rather Cheesy
04-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Hmm, I guess I downloaded a different version of English then (not sarcastic).
(and why don't you use the spelling-checker? :'))
I do, but cam is in my dictionary apparently and didn;t catch it... >_>

If you're talking about FCC's 700MHz auction, Google was pushing the price up to make the wavelengths free for all platforms. The deal was that if the price of the most wanted wavelength went over a specific amount (4,6 billion dollares if I'm not mistaken), it would be made open to all platforms.
So basically, they never even wanted to win the auction, just make it open.

Yeah that sounds more like what I heard. Thanks for correcting me =P

Kitsune
04-09-2008, 10:45 PM
nuh uh! dumb-head!

http://www.google.com/search?q=chuck+norris&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a