PDA

View Full Version : [Poppet] Entry

poppetje3D
09-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Well i made a entry for a competition on DD

http://www.truploader.com/uploads/908961AganstBluePhoenix01.gif

Ye i know it is big , Else it will get gif raped.

C&C :D please ^.^

Zed
09-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Looked a bit rushed and shakey towards the end. There was relatively little movement and I thought the roll was a bit stiff/uneased/both, but I liked the fact that it had something pertaining to a story line and was in colour.

I had to watch it three times before I realised what was happening though. I sat here thinking "Poppet can't have made a guy falling over look that stiff". The cutscreen effects were well done but possibly a bit too regular and disorientating.

How much of the stuff was made yourself? That affects what I rank it.

poppetje3D
09-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Well , the people who organized the comeptition jammed me this animation out of me :P

And I cant understand this at all :S

How much of the stuff was made yourself? That affects what I rank it.

Zed
09-17-2009, 01:57 PM
I meant in terms of backgrounds, fades, and blood effects. Looking again, there aren't as many effects as I thought there were first time. Basically I consider people who make their own effects better animators than those who use the downloaded ones. I'm not saying downloaded effects are bad or anything, but making them yourself is a sort of extra credit thing.

Wtf
09-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Pretty good, and it actually has character.
But there's not much action, since it's just 1 second clips and a fade effect.

poppetje3D
09-17-2009, 02:49 PM
@ zed :
Well ye , I did the Backgrounds myself tower 2 basically everything accept the fading and the sniper and the stick figures.

@ Wtf :
I agreed.

pdeathz
09-20-2009, 04:14 PM
in my opinion there where just to many fadings

poppetje3D
09-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Yes , I know.
I close thread before someone else bumps it.