PDA

View Full Version : Explosion test 21/09/09

Tawnik
09-21-2009, 12:00 PM
http://filebox.me/view/6fcscdxqb

! WARNING !

Turn down the volume or you'll be deaf, the sound is pretty good, I like it, but you might find that a lil bit too loud =)
Took me 2 days to finish, not a big deal, but I finally wanted to do some good-looking explosion, C&c on this one please =)

Foda
09-21-2009, 01:27 PM
very good i thought my computer was shaking. XD

alcaknight
09-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Haha, it looks pretty nice. I think it should grow a bit before alphaing out, though. Just my opinion. :D

Tawnik
09-22-2009, 07:41 AM
=)
Well, its still pretty far from I want to do with people, Id like to stare them at the screen and I'd made them to feel like their HOUSE is shaking :D not only the computer, well, I think that it shouldnt fade that fast, but I kinda like it, so I left it this way, anyways, thanks for the comments guys =)

Arch-Angel
09-22-2009, 10:14 AM
One symbol being tweened = FAIL.
Never ever do that. The explosion will constantly move even as it dicipates.
As for the debris, they all fell on the same axis (In terms of speaking as if you're working with the illusion of a 3rd axis). You should have added some size variation, shape, and color to give it depth.

Add more colors to it, such as a flash. When something explodes, you will see the flash before anything else.

As for the sound, I didn't hear it because I'm at school and don't have my headphones with me. If you want power to it, add more than one sound. Such as getting all of the desired effects and implementing them into the animation rather than one sound clip that is a combination of all the elements.

A few, highly detailed blurs will also help out.

Tawnik
09-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Thank you Arch-angel
There are a lot of tweens and all of them are blurred, there are motion clips with separate layers, maybe its just the monitor/display settings that you dont see the dust around, you dont see the dust coming from above.And yeah I should've played with the debris more, but if you listen to the sound you can hear that falling and rolling, I think its pretty good sound and I've actually put like 2 or 3 sound clips together to get this sound, please, I tried watching it without the sound and it doesnt look as good as with the sound, its hard to get the feeling without good sounds.Please try to watch that when you come home and then reply once more, I'd like to know if you change your mind then :) still thanks for the reply.

AND even if it was only one tween =/= FAIL

it always depends on how you use that

Arch-Angel
09-22-2009, 10:38 AM
I saw the dust trails fall and trail the debris.
I agree with the sounds. They always make things better.
What I meant with the tween = fail thing is mainly just for effects. Like you said, it all depends on how you animate and if you can make it look good.

I probably won't see it with sound any time soon. My parants are anal about me getting C's on interims so I can only get on the computer during the weekends.

Brainstick
09-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Thats just soo cool !

Kitsune
09-24-2009, 12:35 PM
The anticipation worked well. The whole dynamite stick looked like it was blown away from another source of explosion. It looks good.

I also love your tawnik signature afterwards. it looks good.

Arch-Angel
09-25-2009, 08:28 PM
The sounds didn't really go with the animation. It sounded like thousands of pieces of shrapnel should have been blasted into a concrete wall, but that dind't happen. There should also not have been such a long pick up into the sound for the explosion. You should have made a beep noise when the dynamite's light turned red, and then a short swoosh noise that lead into the blast.

That's just my opinion though.