PDA

View Full Version : flaming kick of ice

Covalence
09-21-2009, 06:37 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/390704
got you there didn't i

After listening to some music, I decided to double click Flash 8 and produce something.
i know it's missing a head and a floor, don't point it out

NOWWWWWWW
Yeah, I know I'm not good at animating. But instead of just throwing this out there wanting generic crit, I want some advice on stuff I don't know.
E.g.,
- Keeping stick consistency (How to keep my hand steady, basically. Don't tell me to use the onion skin and grid, because I'm already aware of such functions.)
- Particle stuff
- Motivation
- Exercises to improve on basics. (Read: NOT WHAT THE BASICS ARE. I know this, I know the general meaning, but I need help applying them, mastering them, and eventually applying them without thinking about it too much, or sub-consciously.)

also, if you can guess what character, game, and move i based this animation off of, i'll make a better animation, just for said person

MaxZ
09-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Particles have easing too, even when they're fire. For consistency, keep thinking about the consistency while animating. Once it goes wrong you'll immedeatly see it.

Brainstick
09-21-2009, 11:54 PM
give it a head , and slow it down.

advices

Vile.
09-22-2009, 03:10 AM
watch your favourite animation, base your next combo on some of the moves from it, DONT COPY! Add more inbetweens, and for keeping your hand steady. This actually worked for me, lift weights up untill your arm gets a tiny bit tired then when holding your tablet or mouse your arm feels alot lighter and somewhat steadier. you could also try turning the mouse sensitivity down.

Covalence
09-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Particles have easing too, even when they're fire. For consistency, keep thinking about the consistency while animating. Once it goes wrong you'll immedeatly see it.
k
thanks

give it a head , and slow it down.

advices
don't give me, or anyone else "advices" anymore

watch your favourite animation, base your next combo on some of the moves from it, DONT COPY! Add more inbetweens, and for keeping your hand steady. This actually worked for me, lift weights up untill your arm gets a tiny bit tired then when holding your tablet or mouse your arm feels alot lighter and somewhat steadier. you could also try turning the mouse sensitivity down.
thanks