PDA

View Full Version : Smoothness attempt

Cronos
09-27-2009, 04:58 AM
http://www.truploader.com/view/313488

I dont know what to think of it, its really short, maybe I should continue it?

N T
09-27-2009, 05:53 AM
Cool, continue it.

Box collab much?

MaxZ
09-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Flow

More of it.

Kitsune
09-27-2009, 11:10 AM
I'd add in some Squash/Stretch if I were you. At this speed, the ball would stretch horizontally (drastically) and shrink vertically (slightly) during the shot. This would add on to the blur filter you added in. During the point of contact it would stretch vertically and shrink horizontally to add onto the feel of impact, and bounce off beginning with a less drastic than the original horizontal stretch and a vertical shrink, returning to it's normal state, which I think would add on the the feeling of losing speed.

I don't know if it was intentional but your physics coming back out were quite strange. I wouldn't call it wrong, because it looks good as it's smooth, but realistically it seems pretty out of what one would expect. Remember that in real physics the only thing stopping going against a horizontal speed is air resistance (whereas vertical speed is effected by gravity), which is accountable for an almost unnoticable amount fo deceleration, so when I animate, any thrown object has a constant speed. It wouldn't look choppy or anything because it normally goes too fast to look so.

your human reactions and motions were all nice. One note to remember: The ball's weight, the ball's speed, and the reaction of the person being hit are all relative. If the ball's heavy and has a significant speed, the person would react more extremely to the hit. In this case The ball seems light because the speed seems to be very fast and the person's reaction wasn't so effected.

Overall it is smooth and you're improving.

Flow

More of it.

Is that your definition of C&C or have you already explained to him how to apply more flow in another thread?
i really don't understand what this flow thing is. is it you guys replacing flow with another familiar word or is it something that's been kept secret among the veterans like Terkoiz and yourself?

Aycaramba
09-27-2009, 11:11 AM
The ball shouldn't stop in mid air.
Edit: Damn you Kitsune >:c

Kitsune
09-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Sorry. :<

1lasthero
09-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Dang that is really smooth. I think the ball went too fast though.

Cronos
09-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Cool, continue it.

Box collab much?

Lol, I pretty much coppied the idea haha.

Kitsune: Thanks heaps. I'll try apply more realistic physics to the ball next time, aswell as that streching thing, and a more drastic reaction.

MaxZ: You cant handle the flow :3

Rabstar
09-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Lawl, Kitsune is like, the only one on SPP that gives proper CC >.<
Oh, pretty nice job, Cronos...Did you use my type of stick style? :p
The ball had force, it shouldve been continued, since it mostly a force (IMO) test. Maybe add some blooood :3

MaxZ
09-28-2009, 12:05 PM
I'd add in some Squash/Stretch if I were you. At this speed, the ball would stretch horizontally (drastically) and shrink vertically (slightly) during the shot. This would add on to the blur filter you added in. During the point of contact it would stretch vertically and shrink horizontally to add onto the feel of impact, and bounce off beginning with a less drastic than the original horizontal stretch and a vertical shrink, returning to it's normal state, which I think would add on the the feeling of losing speed.

I don't know if it was intentional but your physics coming back out were quite strange. I wouldn't call it wrong, because it looks good as it's smooth, but realistically it seems pretty out of what one would expect. Remember that in real physics the only thing stopping going against a horizontal speed is air resistance (whereas vertical speed is effected by gravity), which is accountable for an almost unnoticable amount fo deceleration, so when I animate, any thrown object has a constant speed. It wouldn't look choppy or anything because it normally goes too fast to look so.

your human reactions and motions were all nice. One note to remember: The ball's weight, the ball's speed, and the reaction of the person being hit are all relative. If the ball's heavy and has a significant speed, the person would react more extremely to the hit. In this case The ball seems light because the speed seems to be very fast and the person's reaction wasn't so effected.

Overall it is smooth and you're improving.

Is that your definition of C&C or have you already explained to him how to apply more flow in another thread?
i really don't understand what this flow thing is. is it you guys replacing flow with another familiar word or is it something that's been kept secret among the veterans like Terkoiz and yourself?

I already explained it, I think. His animations are all pretty much pose to pose, instead of doing that he could link the moves together. Creating more flow in the animation, making it look more like a combo. Although he pretty much had that in the animation. Just a silly inside joke referring to another thread.

Vile.
09-28-2009, 12:10 PM
**** Kitsune i love you im'a go update my thread so kitsune gets on it!

I think he started resizeing as he lent forwards at the end but i cant really see the guy because my screen is shit.

Cronos
09-29-2009, 03:50 AM
Awsome, thanks guys. Rabstar: Yep, I used that setting, but I think the actual size of the stick I used is different though? Yours was tall. I like those settings btw :3

2-D
09-29-2009, 03:55 AM
I already explained it, I think. His animations are all pretty much pose to pose, instead of doing that he could link the moves together. Creating more flow in the animation, making it look more like a combo. Although he pretty much had that in the animation. Just a silly inside joke referring to another thread.

thats because he used to use pivot.
http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1612/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1612R-2542.jpg
or still does

Cronos
09-29-2009, 04:21 AM
I still do...... :O

2-D
09-29-2009, 04:22 AM
feel like playing on easy mode every once and a while?

Cronos
09-29-2009, 04:26 AM
I actually find Flash and Pivot equally as hard. Flash can bare better results, and its easier to achieve some of them. While Pivot has little potential, it makes you try harder to create something nice.

This is why sometimes I am active in Pivot and not in Flash, or vice versa. Because every time I come back to the other, I seem to get a little better.

Kitsune
09-29-2009, 08:56 AM
haha thanks rabstar.

**** Kitsune i love you im'a go update my thread so kitsune gets on it!

I'll look for it. :]