PDA

View Full Version : Back in (If you Please) {DoD}

Doomdooer
04-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Sex references in titles for the win.

I been working on some stuff lately.
Yeah, and I had a few anims that I just dont feel like finishing right now.
I'll just post up these failures.

Originally gonna be an infiltration.
http://i30.tinypic.com/35jbbc5.gif
http://i30.tinypic.com/35jbbc5.gif

Idk...
Holy shit, a Stickmenz with HANDS?
Yes, yes.
http://i30.tinypic.com/2hz1gsw.gif
http://i30.tinypic.com/2hz1gsw.gif

Stormwalker
04-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Great anims , but whats with the guys hands / fingers , they look too large , a bit disturbing. But other than that , really good. Also thread name .. hmm.. kinda reminds me of smth :D

Darc
04-08-2008, 06:39 AM
These aren't that bad, but I don't like the grey shadow, or whatever it is on the infiltration one when he jumps over the wall.

I liked the guitar, one, beam and all.

Jousteh
04-08-2008, 06:41 AM
The shadow was way too bright although I liked the anims very much.

Doomdooer
04-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Yeah, I had to make the fingers kinda large to animate them properly.
I rather like it that way, though.

The shadow is bright because I couldn't make it any darker. All the other shades of Gray were used up and it would conflict.

Thanks guize.

Mantha
04-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Rawk With Da Guitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr

I liked the second one more. The first one is too dark imo.

Kaas
04-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Lovely but the rumble from the explosions looks a bit retarded imo.

sheezy2
04-08-2008, 10:16 AM
great job lol did u use the same effect again the multiale explosions in one grenade? anywasy the anmims were s3xy with a 3 :p

Doomdooer
04-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Rawk With Da Guitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr

I liked the second one more. The first one is too dark imo.

Night time for the win, lolz.
<3

Lovely but the rumble from the explosions looks a bit retarded imo.

How so, dear boy?

great job lol did u use the same effect again the multiale explosions in one grenade? anywasy the anmims were s3xy with a 3 :p

What the hell?

Kaas
04-08-2008, 01:35 PM
How so, dear boy?

(obviously it wasn't meant mean or harsh, cuz I luv you so :'))
Well it's a perfect copy of how an animation would shake if you had slow loading time.

Chimaera
04-08-2008, 02:04 PM
You've set the bar for Pivots with those animations.

It seems like both you and Pf0 have a feel in your anims now-a-days that make them so much better. I loved the use of colour depth in the hands animation, very smart :D

MrCheesy
04-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Wow!
I thought they were great...
The hands were nicely animated....
And I actually liked how he used multiple shakes for the green blast.....
Keep up the good work! :)

Darc
04-08-2008, 03:57 PM
It's not a grenade, it's a conveniently green blast.

zawmbee
04-08-2008, 04:10 PM
You've set the bar for Pivots with those animations.

i couldnt disagree more
this was great and all
*commented on PP* :B
but nothing i havnt seen before, so not really setting the bar is it >_>
or pushing its limits[/rant]

kinto
04-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Jesus, why do I always pass your threads. I ****ing love your pivots. Just brings light to this section...as does a few other people but you most importantly. Why is it that I never look at your threads? Then I think you don't post anymore.....

Your a ghost.

MrCheesy
04-09-2008, 02:53 AM
I had grenades on my mind at the time :)

Doomdooer
04-09-2008, 06:51 AM
i couldnt disagree more
this was great and all
*commented on PP* :B
but nothing i havnt seen before, so not really setting the bar is it >_>
or pushing its limits[/rant]

Well, as things have been going, especially around here, the bar is set really low.
We don't have any really good Pivoteers posting anymore (Justin, Limp'd, Cap'n, Sunohc) So the bar kinda moved back down.

I agree that I haven't set any sort of bar for Pivot overall, but for SPP, it was pretty good.

Jesus, why do I always pass your threads. I ****ing love your pivots. Just brings light to this section...as does a few other people but you most importantly. Why is it that I never look at your threads? Then I think you don't post anymore.....

Your a ghost.
Like that movie.

I need to get a psychic black chick played by Whoopie Goldberg to talk for me!

Exactly... It was a ball of energy.

I had grenades on my mind at the time :)

But Grenades are physical objects, not something that can be generated through energy charging...
>_>

Kaas
04-09-2008, 09:57 AM
But Grenades are physical objects, not something that can be generated through energy charging...
>_>

Not at all, grenades can be anything that can be thrown and has some sort of explosion, actually, I'm not sure it even has to explode.

Doomdooer
04-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Not at all, grenades can be anything that can be thrown and has some sort of explosion, actually, I'm not sure it even has to explode.

gre·nade –noun 1. a small shell containing an explosive and thrown by hand or fired from a rifle or launching device.
Hurrrr .

Kaas
04-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Hurrrr .
You seriously think they even had a glance at the probability of an non-physical grenade? That's just a description of the standard issue grenade.
But whatever.

Doomdooer
04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
You seriously think they even had a glance at the probability of an non-physical grenade? That's just a description of the standard issue grenade.
But whatever.

Technically, that would be an Energy Grenade, or a Plasma Grenade.

Kaas
04-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Technically, that would be an Energy Grenade, or a Plasma Grenade.

Thus being a grenade, amright? ^^

Doomdooer
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Of a different sort, yes.
They do not fall under the standard ramifications of "grenade", thus they need a prefix.
You were talking about "grenades", thus you couldn't have meant these.

Kaas
04-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Of a different sort, yes.
They do not fall under the standard ramifications of "grenade", thus they need a prefix.
You were talking about "grenades", thus you couldn't have meant these.

They don't fall under the standard issue grenade, but nonetheless they're grenades.

Doomdooer
04-09-2008, 12:33 PM
You gotta get the terminology right, cheeseman.
;]

Kaas
04-09-2008, 12:53 PM
You gotta get the terminology right, cheeseman.
;]

Darn me not having an extensive enough English vocabulary to debate on a normal level :')

Stormwalker
04-09-2008, 01:22 PM
heh , a argument long enough. Even i got exhausted :D

Darc
04-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, I guess the only technical thing that doesn't make it a grenade is that was made fictionally by gathing energy by focusing or whatever. Last time I checked, you get grenades at a black market.

But storm is right, we wasted about a page of good posts on this argument, therefore, I will not make spam.

OnTopic: On the infiltrate one, I wondered... would the guy even have a shadow? unless there was some random light in front of him of course

Doomdooer
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Well, the streetlight would create a shadow, yeah, but probably not a very clear one like I had.

wwiiman666
04-09-2008, 08:46 PM
AWESOME BACKGROUND MAN!!! and great animations!!! overall... AWESOME!

Kaas
04-10-2008, 05:13 AM
Well, the streetlight would create a shadow, yeah, but probably not a very clear one like I had.

Not to mention the shadow was lighter then de surrounding? :')

Dragonkof
04-10-2008, 05:17 AM
looks like someone had a stalker with a torch.

Doomdooer
04-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Not to mention the shadow was lighter then de surrounding? :')

I already talked about why I did that. >:C

;]

Oh, snap. You're right, Drag.

Kaas
04-10-2008, 02:56 PM
I already talked about why I did that. >:C

;]

Oh, snap. You're right, Drag.

because you couldn't make it darker? What about making the wall lighter?

=Rock=
04-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Dude, I LUV the guitar man. and the green hand thing was pretty neat-o, why did he release it back though?

@first anim: Did his jump over walla before or after he walked out door? Nice nighttime colors scheme.

Frodomoj
04-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Doomeh I <3 you babes.
These were gud, but the shadow on the first one sucked. The colour of it was werd.
The second one was good too, despite the ridiculously large hands. I mean seriously, wtf. The beam was good, I just hate the way you do that thing with explosions. You know, when it explodes, and then a few frames later the explosion suddenly gets bigger. That might have looked a bit better if it wasn't so heavy-spacing-ish.
Guitar thing was awesome, lurvely movements.
Damn your non-rustiness. Damn it.
=D <3

Doomdooer
04-11-2008, 02:37 PM
because you couldn't make it darker? What about making the wall lighter?

If I made it darker, it'd conflict with either the character or the wall colors.
I couldnt make the wall lighter or it would conflict with the character, the BG, or the top of the wall.

Dude, I LUV the guitar man. and the green hand thing was pretty neat-o, why did he release it back though?

It was kind of a "Look how much power I have. I can create this uber-power explodey beamball, and just waste it because that's how totally ****ing powerfull I am."

@first anim: Did his jump over walla before or after he walked out door? Nice nighttime colors scheme.
Actually, it woulda been clearer if I'da continued it, but the guy who jumps the wall is a different person completely.

Doomeh I <3 you babes.
These were gud, but the shadow on the first one sucked. The colour of it was werd.

See my reply to Kaas. ;]

The second one was good too, despite the ridiculously large hands. I mean seriously, wtf.

If i made the hands any smaller, animating them would have been so incredibly hard, my head would have exploded. I likes big hands.

The beam was good, I just hate the way you do that thing with explosions. You know, when it explodes, and then a few frames later the explosion suddenly gets bigger. That might have looked a bit better if it wasn't so heavy-spacing-ish.

It's actually a Multi explode. As the dust is just settling from the previous explosion, another expands it even more.

Guitar thing was awesome, lurvely movements.
Damn your non-rustiness. Damn it.
=D <3

<3

Replies in da Bold.

superstickboy
04-11-2008, 05:40 PM
THat was really good...and ur beam one and guitar onw with the hands!!
AMAZING!! (and this is coming from a noob :D)