PDA

View Full Version : Kysora - Story [New Album WIP/Preview]

Exile
10-14-2009, 02:31 PM
I was going to piece together sections from a few songs that I felt were worth showing you guys, but I figure I'd show this. This is literally a song I exported halfway through and left it at that, this is relatively unmixed and completely unmastered, but it's a pretty good indication of the quality you can expect from the album.

http://soundcloud.com/kysora/story-3

Enjoy.

‹berschall
10-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't like how the synth in the intro seems to kind of trail behind the rhythm, throws me off a little there. At around 0:55 in, there's too much happening I think, the sound gets a little strange, it sounds almost like phase cancellation or something, at the very least, the frequencies just seem to get in the way of each other. The lead gets very lost, consider compressing it tighter and bring it out more I'd say.
Somehow, the entire song sounds like you took an EQ on the master channel and just dropped everything in the low bass end. There's no real bass to it, it sounds like it just all got shifted into higher frequencies. You should go over the EQs again, or it might be just the sound quality of the upload, but I doubt that.

That's all I can say. The sound and mastering is pretty off but I like the BPM change and the lead.

Oh and now I see you say it's completely unmastered. Well then.