PDA

View Full Version : TSA is gay.

Etch
04-10-2008, 01:28 PM
So yeah, i'm in this TSA thing and i was thrown into this group to do a project. We are presenting it today and have an interview, i have no idea how they built it, and neither did they since they didn't do it. It's a simple thing, but i don't how to put it in professional ways. Anyway check it out.

It's a mailbox with a light bulb in the back of the mail box with a battery, there is copper wire connecting the battery to the light to this metal piece. And another one from the batter. so the light bulb has 2 wire connections from it to the batter and a metal piece. And the battery has a wire leading out to another wire piece. When mail is placed in the mail box, it is laid onto the two metal places in which there is a space so there is no current flowing to make the bulb come on. So the mail is laid on it and the two metal pieces come together and make the light bulb turn on. Simple shit i know, but someone make it sound knowledgeable, because now it sounds as if some kids just threw it together. I need to know WHY it does that.

Anyway, didn't post in help section becasue it's urgent and i know a lot of members stay in the main section.

Thank you.

Cereal Man
04-10-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't have the time to explain everything, but I have a tip:

Call the Battery the 'energy source'.
The Light bulb is the 'resistor'.
and the Plates are a 'switch'.

I can explain the circuit if you need me too.

EDIT: Here, I did it anyway.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/fuzzykittenlover/halpontheway.jpg

Etch
04-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Lol, we just did it and it came out that the people didn't really care how it works, more on if it would sell or not and if it helps. So i thinkwwe got it.

Cereal Man
04-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Well, you're welcome, anyway.

The Pirate
04-10-2008, 05:35 PM
It's a mailbomb of some sort no doubt.

You would be wise not to open it.

Also, since the threads purpose has apparently been fulfilled, I'll bin this now.