PDA

View Full Version : My RHG Origins?[1LastHero]

1lasthero
11-01-2009, 10:13 AM
I haven't posted anything here in ages, So here is a little update.

RHG origins (Sorry my sound files were messed up and corrupted so si didn't add any sorry =/)

http://www.truploader.com/view/463302

(yeah i am aware that i misspelled RHG)

CC guys.

Brownoser
11-01-2009, 10:23 AM
it's good, the 3d-like parts could use some work though.

Avian
11-01-2009, 11:09 AM
There some resizing, the 3d part is kind of odd.

Vendetta
11-02-2009, 07:12 PM
the walking didn't look very good in the 3-d and there isn't much easing... I think you should continue it.

Kitsune
11-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Arrite, you best be ready for this one boi.

1. The walk coming towards the camera was off entirely. Look at his legs. They're bow-legged the entire walk. The pace of the walk is way too fast for looking normal in any way. It needs to be 2 to 3 times slower. I know it's more frames, but if you do it in the same amount of time you'll get the same point across even if the stickfigure doesn't reach the guy in that shot. You can just cut to the next shot the same way and the viewer would just fill in the gaps for his venture. You can't say it's a run too. Runs involves hops off of the ground. In this you always have at least one foot on the ground, making it a walk. At least I could tell what was going on. Some walk loops are so unrecognizable that I'd mistake him for doing some european dance of hapiness rather than a walk forward.
2. The V-Cam movement was too much. Here's what I recommend you try out for next time: Only SHAKE the V-Cam for emphasis when a person lands on a jump, lands off of a fall, lands an offensive attack, charging up for some powerful attack, or some other moment of IMPACT or EMPHASIS. You had shaky cameraing when the guy was in mid-air.
3. The blue's twitching was nice to some extent, but the bevel or the drop shadow or whatever filter you have in there that just jumps out at us out of nowhere doesn't fit. When a filter doesn't fit it looks more like it was a filter, which makes your animation look more lazy.
4. The background could use some more detail. The gradient for the sky is good, the clouds could be more natural looking or sloppy or organic. Maybe apply more shading and highlights to them. The ground can just use more work. Especially the platform shape. Unless they're battling on cubic concrete the shape doesn't make much sense for a background. During the walk over to the guy and getting up before the lightning strikes him you also forgot to put in that little square valley or lower level that is in the profile shots.

Overall it's good. Keep practicing, keep improving.

1lasthero
11-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Oh man, took me some time to read but I liked the effort and time you took into pointing out my errors. I'll have to read it over a couple more times to get more of a better understanding and i'll definitely refer to this when doing my next animation.
Thank you Kitsune.

Vendetta, Sorry, unfortunately I'm not going to continue this. This was more of a brainstorming and concept animation in which gave me more of a better understanding of some useful effects i could improve on.

Avian and I <3 GBS thank you for your input.

007sonic
11-03-2009, 05:28 PM
im confused how do u find other ppls animations =(