PDA

View Full Version : My first walking test

SRC
04-10-2008, 09:57 PM
i download the flash cs3 trial and finally had time to make this. (http://www.swfup.com/file/184538)
its my first flash animation so what do you think? note: i've kind of messed around with flash once before (just drawing sticks and stuff) and read some books. I've also been watching over this forum for a while

Omega
04-10-2008, 10:00 PM
You need to make the arms crossing each other much more evident.
I don't really prefer curved lines, but whatever. The crossing of the legs is evident. Could be much more easing though.

The walk seems too forced though, because the arms move too high up. More easing, and make the walk a bit more relaxed and fluid.

Practice.

mraznbuddy
04-10-2008, 10:05 PM
i guess its ok for your first walk test.
some advise:
-make the sticks look more balance (the head is way to big and the arms are too skinny). you can change the width of the lines by changing the size in the property box.
-instead of a curved arm and leg, give them some joints.
-realize how a real person would walk. their arms dont come up that high and sometimes its barely noticeable. and btw :D nice bobble head lol.
if those books your reading are boring..like the one i have, just search up some tutorials online. :D they're way better.

keep on practicing and you'll get use to it.

Kitsune
04-10-2008, 10:21 PM
You'll get used to flash animation with these motions if you practice like this, but I do have suggestions to add to mraznbuddy's comments.

-Get used to a higher framerate. The frames per second setting you have there is very noticeably choppy. You can SEE the speed your animation has while watching it. Most times, higher fps (frames per second) can make a smoother animation. You make some more frames, sure, but you get a much nicer and smoother looking animation.
-The basic walk isn't bad in most ways! You're getting the hang of it. The only problem I see with the whole walk is he seems to thrust his upper body forward a little to get to where he goes to lift his foot. Make all of your motions in calm animations casual and flowing together as you learn.
-Make all of your animations emulate real life physics and motions. If you see some good animations here, the motions are smooth. They don't move at a constant speed, but a creative or realistic pace. The physics of jumps and such you have to learn in order to make something as good. When you begin learning this, just look at a video of this happening. After that, emulate it by drawing what you see in frames. No tracing. Once you get the gist of making realistic motions and movements, you gotta make your own style and come up with creative physics, motions, and effects to make your movies stand out from the crowd.

:D Keep going!

SRC
04-11-2008, 08:28 PM
i guess its ok for your first walk test.
some advise:
-make the sticks look more balance (the head is way to big and the arms are too skinny). you can change the width of the lines by changing the size in the property box.
-instead of a curved arm and leg, give them some joints.
-realize how a real person would walk. their arms dont come up that high and sometimes its barely noticeable. and btw :D nice bobble head lol.
if those books your reading are boring..like the one i have, just search up some tutorials online. :D they're way better.

keep on practicing and you'll get use to it.
how do you make joints?

Miccool
04-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Just keep practicing.. basically.

Kitsune
04-11-2008, 10:49 PM
You make sharper angles in arms and legs.

NubbyGG
04-12-2008, 03:06 AM
it was.......alright but i suggest you show more evidence of the joints like the elbows and knees

SRC
04-12-2008, 12:28 PM
You make sharper angles in arms and legs.
ya but is there a way to make it kinda (omg im gonna get flamed X( for sure. ) pivot where you pull on it and it is like a real joint?

rx00worth
04-13-2008, 03:08 AM
not really bad, could be better

i wounder what you would be like doing brush....

SRC
04-13-2008, 11:14 AM
not really bad, could be better

i wounder what you would be like doing brush....
I suck with the brush. I cant draw with a mouse worth shit.