View Full Version : i made a new song

Sonoya
11-13-2009, 05:24 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/527276

its not great but i made some progress D: i hope

Scarecrow
11-13-2009, 07:37 PM
listening to it now, it's nice

i think it could use a nice bass line though, it seems kind of empty without one. but then again maybe that's what you were aiming fo

oh the bass just showed up 3 and a half minutes in

i think there should have been more bass earlier on, and a bit more variation in the actual song towards the end

but it's good

Sonoya
11-13-2009, 10:50 PM
listening to it now, it's nice

i think it could use a nice bass line though, it seems kind of empty without one. but then again maybe that's what you were aiming fo

oh the bass just showed up 3 and a half minutes in

i think there should have been more bass earlier on, and a bit more variation in the actual song towards the end

but it's good

thanks, :) well yh i was trying to get a bit if the "empty" in to it for kind of a way to get an atmospheric feel i really couldnt think of a melody and all so variation is my weakness here

Scarecrow
11-13-2009, 10:53 PM
i know what you mean, i suck at melodies

‹berschall
11-21-2009, 12:24 PM
The Pad in the beginning should have a longer release time, it sounds too chopped off and doesn't really fit in.
That kind of bleep thing you get in there, the first one, should lose the very last 5 or so notes. Those kind of sound... not good to me. I don't know, might just be me, but they kind of make the melody cheesy. :/
Also what's up with those bleeps getting louder for like two seconds every time the bassdrum drops out? That's kindof annoying. I'm thinking maybe the bleeps, especially the square one might wanna get leveled down a little bit. They're a bit too loud for the soundtrack character of the track. The bass is a little too prominent in the outro I'd say, but maybe that's what you're up for.
I actually really enjoyed this, kind of reminds me of these International Superstar Soccer games for the N64, those used to have music like this...

Sonoya
11-21-2009, 06:49 PM
The Pad in the beginning should have a longer release time, it sounds too chopped off and doesn't really fit in.
That kind of bleep thing you get in there, the first one, should lose the very last 5 or so notes. Those kind of sound... not good to me. I don't know, might just be me, but they kind of make the melody cheesy. :/
Also what's up with those bleeps getting louder for like two seconds every time the bassdrum drops out? That's kindof annoying. I'm thinking maybe the bleeps, especially the square one might wanna get leveled down a little bit. They're a bit too loud for the soundtrack character of the track. The bass is a little too prominent in the outro I'd say, but maybe that's what you're up for.
I actually really enjoyed this, kind of reminds me of these International Superstar Soccer games for the N64, those used to have music like this...
yeah im getting you. i couldn't really get how to make the pads sound right towards me because if the release time was too late i think the notes would clash easily ruining the whole song so i made it short to make it go with it. the bleeps were to make it sorta cute in such a way but due to my uncreative spirit in melodys it hade to come out this way. and the bass.. you got me there. glad u enjoy the song

Spooned
11-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Oh dude nice that is amazing and trippy.

BurnedVirus
04-08-2010, 03:41 PM
very good. I did some music but i suck

Exile
04-08-2010, 04:46 PM
The melodies are a mess, they're all over the place and clash kinda badly. Some nice ideas but it sounds more random than cohesive or anything. They'd be nice for background if you had something more centered playing over it

If you have stuff routed through the kick drum, you need to fix it, everything getting louder every time the kicks drop out just sucks

I don't like the choice in bass synth, it's a bit rough for something this "airy", something closer to a sine wave would have been better, I think. Don't wait 3 and a half minutes to introduce it either, most of the song could have benefited from a bassline.

It's not bad, though

Sonoya
04-08-2010, 05:47 PM
exilement
would you like the flp file? i just wanna see a pro at work :D

(11 edits)i dont know how to say it but i just want a nice way to ask if u can reformat the song to a better version. :(
or if theres any one else thats good with fl studio or some other program that takes flp files um.. i can give it to them too.

Exile
04-08-2010, 05:56 PM
What, you want me to remix it? Honestly with my own work I don't have the time or the motivation, sorry

It's better that you work out your own techniques rather than copy mine anyway.

Sonoya
04-08-2010, 06:02 PM
well i wasent really copying... i mean since your the like one if the best music artists here i just thought maybe i can hear a much more decent form of my song but alright. ;)

DiSHEART
02-02-2012, 11:27 PM
nice one aha.
seems like something i would wanna listen to when im blazed