PDA

View Full Version : Game Engine testing

Vile.
11-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Well my coder has bailed on me, another diffrent one. Seeing as there is likely going to be no money in this he wanted to carry on with his own game.

Diin coded, I did everything else.

http://filebox.me/view/7se5pwwft

Comment and critiscise on everything except the no walls and stuff.

33% chance for a "shiny" leaf, in the real game these shinies would increase the potency.

Arrow keys to move, collect the coins then click on the cat. Does anybody know how to code?

Arch-Angel
11-15-2009, 10:09 AM
:/ Doesn't look like it would be good.

It doesn't really have any phizaz to it.

Vile.
11-15-2009, 10:12 AM
:/ Doesn't look like it would be good.

It doesn't really have any phizaz to it.

Define phizaz, i know you think highly of yourself so explain to me. How can i make it better, how i can make it have phizaz! Thanks.

Arch-Angel
11-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I don't think highly of myself, who told you that?
I probably have the highest criticism level on the forum, if that's what you mean.

There isn't that much depth to anything. The character looks huge and moves around in a strange fashion. The large sign changes in angle. The background is empty, and it isn't clear on what you're supposed to do. As for the wierd trash can things, at least that's what I'm assuming they are, don't look like trash cans at all. They have no depth on the inside of them. That's mainly what you're missing is depth.

Vile.
11-15-2009, 11:44 AM
I probably have the highest criticism level on the forum, if that's what you mean.

There isn't that much depth to anything. The character looks huge and moves around in a strange fashion. The large sign changes in angle. The background is empty, and it isn't clear on what you're supposed to do. As for the wierd trash can things, at least that's what I'm assuming they are, don't look like trash cans at all. They have no depth on the inside of them. That's mainly what you're missing is depth.

Aaah, i see what you mean. Thanks for the critism, and i ment you think yourself as a amazing animator. Frankly your not. But that doesnt matter, and this was just to test the code, but it doesnt matter anymore either as this will probally be discontinued.

Arch-Angel
11-15-2009, 11:47 AM
lol the sad thing is I don't think of myself as an amazing animator =D
But you haven't seen some of the stuff that I've done.

No doubt about it that I'm good, just not that good. I still have a lot of stuff to learn and a long way to go before I'm really good.

Vile.
11-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I have seen your stuff, and i quote from your name
" Arch-Angel
Godly Animator"

Your smoke effects are diffrent but nice. Whereas your movements... They need alot of work, im not saying im any better but i just thought i would state that, anyway. More ontopic please.

Scarecrow
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM
represent represent

Vile.
11-15-2009, 09:35 PM
represent represent

wut ?

CGIllusion
11-15-2009, 10:03 PM
The controls of the character seem sluggish. Not fun to get killed because your guy takes 2 seconds to turn around and start walking in the other direction.

2-D
11-15-2009, 10:56 PM

it's the way you act

also i hate the artstyle