PDA

View Full Version : The Hunger Games

Garuda
11-28-2009, 02:02 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Hunger-Games-Suzanne-Collins/dp/0439023483

This is truly a fantastic novel written by New York Times Bestselling Author Suzanne Collins. I started to read it today and I absolutely could not put it down, very descriptive and fun to read, about 15 hours of reading nonstop to finish it (Well, I did stop for about an hour midway through the book because they were showing 300 on TNT). I got a recommendation to read this book after watching Battle Royale 1 and 2, the 2 stories are very similiar. Interestingly enough I owned the book for about a year before I got the recommendation, I just never got around to reading it.

If your a science-fiction fan/survival fan, this really is a must-read. There is a sequel to this book and from what I heard, it only gets better. When I get the chance I'm certainly taking the time to go buy the second novel. Also a 3rd novel is in the works set to release in 2010 and Lionsgate Entertainment has the rights to the movie which they plan for 2011. I will be looking forward to a movie, hopefully they don't completely screw it up like so many before have.

Cook
11-28-2009, 10:10 AM
is this some kind of zombie novel? cause they dont make enough of those.

Garuda
11-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Uh, nope, there are no zombies, at all.

Well, actually, its.........complicated, anyone who read the novel will understand what I'm getting at here.

But really, zombies are not involved.

Bonk
11-28-2009, 08:19 PM
I looked into it after this thread, sounds decent. I might try and find a copy.

beaniaLew
12-23-2009, 05:16 AM
I got the trilogy a few years back and I started reading it but I couldnt really get into it. Seeing as Ive read a lot of Shakespeare and older texts in school I think I may try and read them.

Garuda
12-23-2009, 10:16 PM
The third book is not out yet so I don't know what your talking about