PDA

View Full Version : Back to basics: A kick

Tawnik
11-28-2009, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMVxdBKFQdo&feature=player_embedded

yay, comments and criticism, please ! :)
There are only 2 camera angles, I added them twice because
1. length
2. the youtube menu at the end =)

Miccool
11-28-2009, 06:49 PM
The head flailing is probably he most noticeable oddity. The two steps look a bit awkward too. Otherwise it's decent.

alcaknight
11-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, the steps were weird, but I liked it.

Arch-Angel
11-28-2009, 07:50 PM
I would be doing bad ass shit if I were animating FB in 3D.
Try to do something a bit more complex, like a ninjer kick.

This animation seemed like the guy was trying to step on a bug or something, not kick :/

Randize
11-29-2009, 04:18 AM
Nice Tawnik, take care of the overlapping action. For example when you bounce, the hand should have a little dragging effect.

It's always great to have overlapping action, even subtle one. Disney always try to abuse this principle and exaggerate it even further. But still great, no big problem.

I think you can get better critics from my team, post your animation there. I'm sure my members will try to help you, furthermore, the software that you're using is Maya which makes us even easier to help.

megaanims
11-29-2009, 07:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMVxdBKFQdo&feature=player_embedded

yay, comments and criticism, please ! :)
There are only 2 camera angles, I added them twice because
1. length
2. the youtube menu at the end =)
what animating program is that?

Tawnik
11-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks everyone ! Thank you for your time spending on my animation =)
Miccool, yeah, I see what you mean, the heads motion is a lil bit off because of the overlapping, that I was trying to get in there, so yeah, Randize, Im working on, I have to find the best amount of overlapping, I also added slight overlap on the shoulder area, its just really tiny thing, but you might notice that if you focus :) well yeah, I will definitely take care of that in upcoming animation, thanks !

I notice the weirdness of the steps and its because they arent steps at all, well, they werent supposed to look like steps, when I was acting this, I was like, sliiiide jump, sliiiiiide, jump, KICK, I have to tweak that, or maybe, removing and redoing the whole part sounds better.Thanks for admitting =)

Arch-angel, everyone can do 3d animating, you're free to download the Maya personal learning edition, which is free and try it out and animate epic stuff, or whatever you want to do ;)
I also have another topic opened, which is about the soldier, its 13 (I guess) seconds of action, that is what I call complex, at this stage, you know, its hard to do that long animations, for me, now, they will get better and longer, as I PROGRESS =D ok ? :) Thanks for being patient and still giving me comments on these shorts =)

Randize, I'll definitely check out your website, or your teams website, I'd be very grateful if you could give me the link, thanks :)

megaanims, its maya, as Randize mentioned in the post above you, read first, then ask ! =)

So yeah, thanks for the comments, you said pretty much everything and now its time to fix that :D