PDA

View Full Version : Oh yeah, animating

Bonk
11-29-2009, 12:34 AM
I might start getting into it again soon, did this little test (http://www.truploader.com/view/128978) to see if I still have the mojo.

Yeah?

Vendetta
11-29-2009, 02:19 AM
Yes !
EDIT: You have exactly 500 more posts than me right now.

Rabstar
11-29-2009, 02:26 AM
OOhhh nice.
Nothing tooooo like, :O since there is only a run and a jump over a box xD
JOINTOINTOINT >:D

Aycaramba
11-29-2009, 03:33 AM
Very smooth, nothing bad about it.

Bonk
11-30-2009, 01:42 AM
Thanks guys, and I hope to bring the Wow soon Rabstar.

Rabstar
11-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Ohsnap, is that a hint? :D
Can't wait, if it is :3

And if its not....then joint >:]

Lixu
11-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Rab: It's impossible to do a joint with you. You're style is so... Well... Let's just keep it at it that it's hard to make a joint with your style.

Bonk: Never knew you were this good at animating, super smooth!

Rabstar
11-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Lixu, Elaborate >:

Mantha
11-30-2009, 10:50 AM
You do have a mojo, but it's raw and it needs work imo. The animation is fairly smooth and nearly perfect. The only thing that irks me is the running. It doesn't look natural to me.

The head doesn't stay in the same height as running. When one runs, the leg pushes the body forward and a little up.
See PC's tutorial, the chapter about Running: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/288092

Good luck.

Bonk
12-01-2009, 04:25 AM
Paperclip's style is a little too cartoony for me, but yeah the head is an issue hrmm

And yeah, thanks Lixu as well.

Mantha
12-01-2009, 04:49 AM
I just showed you an example of good running. I never said you should adapt the style.

Miccool
12-01-2009, 07:09 AM
I like the transition from the run loop to the box part. And I agree with Mantha on the running bit. The back stays too consistent and never really moves. That probably has something to do with moving the head as well though.

Bonk
12-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh, I'm not disregarding the advice and link!

I actually wasn't sure about the bob, because I tried making it more obvious but it ended up looking silly. Next time I'll get it right I hope.

Lixu
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Lixu, Elaborate >:
Your animation style... Well you want elaboration so don't bitch at me: It sucks and is lazy like hell.

It's like a REALLY crappy tentionmaru/nhazul-ish style. It's like: Punch, 2 frames later Punch, 2 frames later run. There is no anticipation whatsoever and because of this, if I would make a joint with you for example, I had no time to animate a sweet reaction from the punch I received. And to finish it off your moves don't have any follow through, which Tentionmaru/nhazul do, which makes it easier for them/others to animate reactions better.

That's the way I think of it, there are others who think differently but you wanted me to elaborate so I did :>

Sorry Bonk

Rabstar
12-03-2009, 02:05 AM
Your animation style... Well you want elaboration so don't bitch at me: It sucks and is lazy like hell.

It's like a REALLY crappy tentionmaru/nhazul-ish style. It's like: Punch, 2 frames later Punch, 2 frames later run. There is no anticipation whatsoever and because of this, if I would make a joint with you for example, I had no time to animate a sweet reaction from the punch I received. And to finish it off your moves don't have any follow through, which Tentionmaru/nhazul do, which makes it easier for them/others to animate reactions better.

That's the way I think of it, there are others who think differently but you wanted me to elaborate so I did :>

Sorry Bonk

Flood, it is true that my style could be improved. And lixu, it is improving, you can't say that its not.
Its just, I can't seem to make it flow without taking out the force or making it look choopppy. So am still tackling tht obstacle, K? (:
Thnx though, I haven't a hard good CC like that in a LONG time, :3

Lixu
12-03-2009, 05:13 AM
so you're saying his style is different so that means it sucks. jesus christ you're ****ing stupid.
anyway, ive been waiting for you to get back into animation you whore. i loved it.
You're even more of a retard, and you just proved that by not reading my text and just thinking: WHATEVER THE HELL LIXU SAYS ILL JUST FLAME CUZ THAT MAKES ME LOOK COOLZZZ

quote rab Flood, it is true that my style could be improved. And lixu, it is improving, you can't say that its not.
Its just, I can't seem to make it flow without taking out the force or making it look choopppy. So am still tackling tht obstacle, K? (:
Thnx though, I haven't a hard good CC like that in a LONG time, :3

I never said it's not improving. You've gotten really good, but your style just needs a few touches before it can look awesome, in my eyes that is.