PDA

View Full Version : I am starting to animate.

Wsheerio
11-29-2009, 09:43 AM
I posted this in the beginners thread about 2-3 weeks ago, but I didn't receive that much C+C.

http://www.truploader.com/view/441831&lb=n

I know about the resizing.

RawGreen
11-29-2009, 11:07 AM
You have no easing, anticipation, or even gravity. In short, all your physics need work.
Also, when drawing your sticks, you want to draw one part of a limb at a time(e.g. draw foot, lift pen, draw shin, lift pen, draw thigh, lift pen).
Also, you don't seem to know how to add extra framing to the end as you redrew him and he wobbled of course. In flash, the F5 button is to make the frames duration longer. The only resizing is at the pole where he's climbing along.

Also, I don't know if you used onion skin or not, but if you didn't you should probably look it up in the help that comes with flash.

And Anatomy, Your sticks abdomen is too long making the legs too short.

Work on your physics a bit and try little tests that we can give C&C on(e.g. Running test> I want to see if I'm animating running properly)

Don't forget to keep doing animations like this to keep your patience up for when you decide to do a large project in the future.

Wsheerio
11-29-2009, 04:33 PM
In the end I wanted the stick to be wobbly IDK why. I created this on my laptop, that is why it resized a lot. From now on I will animate using my plug and play tablet. Also, thanks for the C+C.

RawGreen
11-30-2009, 09:35 AM
In the end I wanted the stick to be wobbly IDK why. I created this on my laptop, that is why it resized a lot. From now on I will animate using my plug and play tablet. Also, thanks for the C+C.

I used to animate with my laptop allot too, in fact I've even been stranded with just the mouse a few times after loosing my tablet's pen.