PDA

View Full Version : Back in action

megaanims
12-04-2009, 01:05 AM
http://pivotup.com/files/9ezb4pau.gif
flash got boring.

Cronos
12-04-2009, 02:15 AM
Too choppy, I dislike the "realistic" style.

megaanims
12-04-2009, 02:25 AM
Too choppy, I dislike the "realistic" style.
I was not doing realism ,I was doing my old style
you know try to flow everything.

poppetje3D
12-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Well I don't see your old style in it...
It is somewhere there in you.

Just keep practicing. Ect.
I believe you know what you do.

Gyohdon
12-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Ugly as shit.
The last ending was very bad. Or the guy has some way of shifting a LOT of weight to his legs.

TimeToPerish
12-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Cool man, like I said on DD, pretty realistic, but when he got up, he got shaky, and that other guy just flew instead of jumping lolz. good job though, keep it up.

Zed
12-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Both of the jumps had no real push against the ground. They just kinda picked their legs up and ignored gravity for a bit.

It looked unfinished in that the guy at the end was off balance. A quick step back would fix this.

When the somersaulter stood up it was very uneased and there weren't enough frames for the movement. The momentum was also a bit off because the head didn't move forward enough for a frame or so.

Take a look at the running frame by frame and ask yourself whether it's possible for the different body parts to have gotten to those different places each time. It's not. The strides are far too short. You've also destroyed the running movement by not spending enough frames on each stride to get the circular motion of the feet. Without that he would simply fall over. The knee cannot be extended until it is in front of the body.

It may be your old style, but it's not your oldest style. This is the style you adopted in between being good and being reasonably good again. Perhaps you could make it work with a lot of practise, but you're going to need to understand all the things that are necessary to make an animation look right first, and this just doesn't show those things.

megaanims
12-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Both of the jumps had no real push against the ground. They just kinda picked their legs up and ignored gravity for a bit.

It looked unfinished in that the guy at the end was off balance. A quick step back would fix this.

When the somersaulter stood up it was very uneased and there weren't enough frames for the movement. The momentum was also a bit off because the head didn't move forward enough for a frame or so.

Take a look at the running frame by frame and ask yourself whether it's possible for the different body parts to have gotten to those different places each time. It's not. The strides are far too short. You've also destroyed the running movement by not spending enough frames on each stride to get the circular motion of the feet. Without that he would simply fall over. The knee cannot be extended until it is in front of the body.

It may be your old style, but it's not your oldest style. This is the style you adopted in between being good and being reasonably good again. Perhaps you could make it work with a lot of practise, but you're going to need to understand all the things that are necessary to make an animation look right first, and this just doesn't show those things.
am I really that rusty?

Cronos
12-04-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm not saying its bad. I just never liked the style. The only person who seems to pull it off nicely is Crono.

Zero
12-04-2009, 11:45 PM
It was kinda nice but I dislike those stickfigures. no offense if thats your style. I cant judge you but I just dislike those kind of stickfigures.

Gyohdon
12-05-2009, 05:21 AM
am I really that rusty?

RUST DOESN'T EXIST

I hate it when people say this.

rival2
12-05-2009, 05:25 AM
Why does it not?

poppetje3D
12-05-2009, 10:03 AM
RUST DOESN'T EXIST

I hate it when people say this.