PDA

View Full Version : Swordplay

Zed
12-05-2009, 02:45 PM
One knee joint is too easy :)

A newbie was complaining that he'd never seen me make anything, so I got off my arse and made something.

I'm quite pleased with it, although maybe the blood particles could have been smaller. I may add more later. I could throw in a background too with very little hassle. Comments, anyone?

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx353/Zed31415/Massacre.gif

zer0gravity
12-05-2009, 02:51 PM
****in awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zed
12-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Thank you :)

Teriyakid
12-05-2009, 03:04 PM
****in awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said.......

Mark
12-05-2009, 04:26 PM
DAMN ZED THAT WAS TOUGH...........excuse my language but it was really cool.......how do you make your swords look like that :O

To be honest Ive only seen your tutorial animations nouthing like this.............

poppetje3D
12-05-2009, 05:49 PM
The blood particles where not good.
Try to double frame it , make it smaller idd.
Just take your time with it.

You smooth it very good but it still looks very unnatural.
And I agreed with the newby , I almost never see an animation from you.
But this is okay.

I like it.

Zed
12-06-2009, 01:36 AM
Thanks. Yeah, the blood is the only thing I would change. Maybe not double framing, but certainly smaller spacing, smaller particles, and slower dissappearing.

how do you make your swords look like that :O

There are five different .stks there. One normal sword, one of the same but shortened by five pixels and widened by 1, then the next is shorter by about 10 and wider by three with an extra pixel of thickness at the top, etc. It took a while to get it to look ok with momentum and everything.

rival2
12-06-2009, 04:51 AM
I think you shouldn't have paused it every time. One fluid swing would have looked better. Now it looks like you were too lazy to make it.

Blood particles were indeed too big. I like the sword play, though it might have a bit too fast move, like you were rushing it to get it done.

Gyohdon
12-06-2009, 04:57 AM
O god no.
I just lost all hope in poppetje3D

This is NOT a 'fuucking awsum' animation.
Blood: horrible. It flew too far and went too fast.
Sword effect at the beginning: Horrible and not needed.
Slo-mo effect: Bad. Very bad. Ruined the action.
Overall movement: No too bad, but blue-guy's last step was odd.
Also, the black guy fell down very bad.

poppetje3D
12-06-2009, 04:59 AM
I already knew that gyohdon , I don't care.

Zed
12-06-2009, 07:52 AM
O god no.

Poppet didn't say it was awesome. He said "ok".

I disagree with the sword effect being unnecessary. The sword needed to twist or it would have been the wrong way around when it came up again. I tried the movement out myself several times and decided that it needed to be turned like that to be realistic.

Blood, yeah, like I said. I'll agree with the black guy - it needed more easing and possibly a different path down. Last step was odd, yeah, but I couldn't see a better way to do it.

The slo-mo effect was kinda the point of the thing. If you think I should abandon it completely then fine, but if not, how could I improve it?

Gyohdon
12-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Poppet didn't say it was awesome. He said "ok".
Awesome-thing was in general, that's why left blank line between those two sentences.

The slo-mo effect was kinda the point of the thing. If you think I should abandon it completely then fine, but if not, how could I improve it?

Other kind of animation?
Not with swords, but punching or kicking?

Zed
12-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Ok, so the freeze frame slo-mo thing only looks good without weapons? Thanks. I'll try it the other way as soon as I have some time to spare.

zer0gravity
12-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Other kind of animation?
Not with swords, but punching or kicking?

no......
shhhhhhhh!

zed is awsome! best pivoter on this site. but i think zed definatly needs to step up to EZtoon or flash.

zer0gravity
12-07-2009, 01:57 AM
O god no.

also... shud-up.
ive never seen a single animation from you. Appart from the "lawl effects[g]" which........ suck'd

poppet is a PROFESSIONAL! Im sure that many people have "hope" in him...
your only saying this because he criticized your work.....

before you critique someones work i think you need to find out how much time is put in to an animation like that.

this is a "fuucking awsum" animation
blood: yes the blood particals were weird...
sword effect: was AWSOME. best i have ever seen on pivot.
slo-mo effect: in ways i kinda agree, but i think it was a prety sweet effect.
overall movement: was a bit weird, but i don't like anims being realistic...
its not real life, its an animation lol.......

Scarecrow
12-07-2009, 03:42 AM
I hate the blood and the freeze frame thing, but otherwise it looks nice. The swinging around of the sword at the start looked too erratic though, it didn't flow with the rest of the animation.

megaanims
12-07-2009, 05:01 AM

O god no.

dude I suggest you follow this one.
it's not awesome,no offense zed
the blood was horrible I hardly call it particles it's like it last for 2-3 frames.
the 3d needed more work on it's spin seemed to lack force.
the flash thing was not bad kinda original but somehow ruins the animation.
I agree the blue guy's step seemed awkward,black guy's reaction was too fast and had no easing to show he moving,he just suddenly fell down.
Zero try to respect the people who stayed longer here,he's been a member for 2 ****ing years man,and no poppet is not a pro yet,a bit far, but I'll say he's better than me,
and you haven't awesome effects yet dude.

N T
12-07-2009, 06:00 AM
It was ok, Zeddy.

Some of the leg movements didn't really match, and the skipping part really seemed like someone who's lazy would do. But the rest was cool. The blood particles could've been better though.

Oh, and I love how you people say arse instead of ass. Heh.

2-D
12-07-2009, 06:25 AM
what a cheap animation effect only seen in pivot the cheap animation program
ha ha ha

Gyohdon
12-07-2009, 07:27 AM
no......
shhhhhhhh!

zed is awsome! best pivoter on this site. but i think zed definatly needs to step up to EZtoon or flash.

Hah, I should shh?
You're here for 2 months and think you know every member here.
I've been for almost 30 ****ing months, kid.
Don't ever give me this crap again.

also... shud-up.
ive never seen a single animation from you. Appart from the "lawl effects[g]" which........ suck'd

poppet is a PROFESSIONAL! Im sure that many people have "hope" in him...
your only saying this because he criticized your work.....

before you critique someones work i think you need to find out how much time is put in to an animation like that.

this is a "fuucking awsum" animation
blood: yes the blood particals were weird...
sword effect: was AWSOME. best i have ever seen on pivot.
slo-mo effect: in ways i kinda agree, but i think it was a prety sweet effect.
overall movement: was a bit weird, but i don't like anims being realistic...
its not real life, its an animation lol.......

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

You say poppet is a professional and that zed is the best pivoter.
Kiddo, you don't know ANYTHING about animating.
Gtfo, or listen to what the grown-ups say and learn from it.

rival2
12-07-2009, 10:23 AM
ha ha ha
You just love to troll don't ya? Fun :)

Zed
12-07-2009, 11:15 AM
it's not awesome,no offense zed
the blood was horrible I hardly call it particles it's like it last for 2-3 frames.
the 3d needed more work on it's spin seemed to lack force.
the flash thing was not bad kinda original but somehow ruins the animation.
I agree the blue guy's step seemed awkward,black guy's reaction was too fast and had no easing to show he moving,he just suddenly fell down.

Agreed

It was ok, Zeddy.

Some of the leg movements didn't really match, and the skipping part really seemed like someone who's lazy would do. But the rest was cool. The blood particles could've been better though.

Oh, and I love how you people say arse instead of ass. Heh.

Agreed and thank you.

ha ha ha

Agreed, although easytoon isn't exactly pricey.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

You say poppet is a professional and that zed is the best pivoter.
Kiddo, you don't know ANYTHING about animating.
Gtfo, or listen to what the grown-ups say and learn from it.

Agreed.

You just love to troll don't ya? Fun :)

Agreed.

I also meant to agree with Scarecrow but I forgot and can't be bothered to edit. Generally, thanks everyone, it's good cc.

MonsterBreath12
12-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Nice trails, so epic. Random stops pauses turn it off. Idc if the partiCulezz don't fade or the arnt small, they still look alright. General movements look good too. NiCe!!!1

Covalence
12-07-2009, 08:15 PM
snip

everyone's entitled to their own opinion, it's just that yours is stupid

cool stuff zed
can't really point out anything that anyone else hasn't, but i like your zed-ish style

Vendetta
12-07-2009, 10:05 PM
I didn't really like the blood, it was too fast and choppy. The 3D sword thing could have been better, maybe you could use more than five stks for it? The sword didn't have much force. Other than that it was great; very smooth, well eased and realistic as usual.

zer0gravity
12-07-2009, 10:26 PM
everyone's entitled to their own opinion, it's just that yours is stupid

cool stuff zed
can't really point out anything that anyone else hasn't, but i like your zed-ish style

wtttfff?

lol................

i like your randomness.

rival2
12-08-2009, 12:30 AM
I didn't really like the blood, it was too fast and choppy. The 3D sword thing could have been better, maybe you could use more than five stks for it? The sword didn't have much force. Other than that it was great; very smooth, well eased and realistic as usual.

please give YOUR definition of choppy.

zer0gravity
12-08-2009, 12:40 AM
please give YOUR definition of choppy.

I agree with rival.

I thought the definition of choppy was jerky and it keeps changing paces.

But W.E we all have different ideas of what stuff is.

some Asian teacher at my school said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

I guess this applies now.

Floydyboy
12-08-2009, 01:11 AM
nice 3D sword effect

the pause thing didn't work so well, though

Gyohdon
12-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I agree with rival.

I thought the definition of choppy was jerky and it keeps changing paces.

But W.E we all have different ideas of what stuff is.

some Asian teacher at my school said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

I guess this applies now.

Too bad the definition of choppy is a fact while the definition of beauty is an opinion.

Moron.

rival2
12-08-2009, 03:18 PM
That did it for me :D

paradox
12-08-2009, 05:07 PM
The motion effect on the sword was super sexy. The black guy should Definitely have fallen backwards.

Vorpal
12-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Huh, it looks like a lot of ignorant people posted while I was gone. I should never ****ing leave so these retards stop crawling out of the sewers.
My only complaint is that it was too short, it could have been great if you made an additional slash at the end to show slow motion effects and the ability to ease a sword. However because of that people get anal and have some kind of corybentical bitch fest because they cannot agree to disagree.

rival2
12-10-2009, 12:18 AM
*coughegocough*

zer0gravity
12-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Sorry for having a bitch fest Jutsu..... :Cry:

Ill just go back to my sewer now that your back...... :Nooooooo:

Zed
12-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Huh, it looks like a lot of ignorant people posted while I was gone. I should never ****ing leave so these retards stop crawling out of the sewers.
My only complaint is that it was too short, it could have been great if you made an additional slash at the end to show slow motion effects and the ability to ease a sword. However because of that people get anal and have some kind of corybentical bitch fest because they cannot agree to disagree.

Ok, thanks.

Covalence
12-10-2009, 02:36 PM
*coughegocough*

what he has in confidence is also what he has in dick size
sadly the same does not apply to you

rival2
12-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Sadly for you yours has never been there.

Covalence
12-10-2009, 02:54 PM
my dad? yeah i know
so when did you decide that you should be one of those trolls
you did originally get banned for trolling, right, because most people who suck at pivot resort to trolling or something

rival2
12-10-2009, 03:08 PM
That means you did pivot too and started trolling too?

And your dad left you? what where you that ugly child?

Covalence
12-10-2009, 03:12 PM
ooh taking shots at my personal life
looks like that deserves another hendo flying punch

rival2
12-10-2009, 03:14 PM
That was ash's ban. I never got banned for that. Only for trolling.

You started trolling me in the first place, so you might want to watch out.

Covalence
12-10-2009, 03:16 PM
you're the one who responded to it
you are also lying, as you probably got hendo punched too

rival2
12-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Ah no. Never did.

But if I DID respond (wich I did), that would make me only trollbait, wich is YOUR fault, and then you USED TO BE, don't know if that still counts, banned, and not me. For I am only victim to a troll. But since Gavel and Mantha hate me a tad I'd say I'd get banned too.

rival2
12-10-2009, 03:22 PM
If you could read there stood (wich I did). Can you read?

Covalence
12-10-2009, 03:23 PM
stop trolling me
learn how to spell "which"
and stop double posting

rival2
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
wich is typed correctly from all that I know, and you deleted your ****ing post.

Covalence
12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
your spell check must suck
hey you should stop posting

Stormwalker
12-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Well...

The blood was quite bad , It was a bit choppy , but hey blood is always hard to make.
The Sword Effect was awesome and gave a little flavor to the animation.
The worst part were the movements , they kinda killed the animation , the limbs jerked a lot and the easing was off , the sword was shaking as well. And the slow-mo kinda killed the force. But hey it doesn't mean it was bad , it's ok and as far as I remember you've gotten way better , overall the animation is really quite alright. :) Just maybe keep doing more. :P :)

Zed
12-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Ok, thanks :)

Prototype27
12-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Very good animations )

young sticky
12-14-2009, 02:34 PM
wow zed so cool you should do bigger and better stuff u should probably join a collab

Zed
12-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Click my sig pic.

Fries
12-14-2009, 07:22 PM
i like it :D...i dont like u guys saying its crap...the only prob was blood and he addmitted that...so yeah...its very good...great would b the word there

*wow...young sticky got banned already *

aakash77
12-15-2009, 03:19 AM
I agree with Rival 2...but the anim is still great (for me)

ElderKingpin
12-15-2009, 05:54 PM
dont people split open after getting chopped in half/ :P

Topleggedskater
01-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Wow. The easing is amazing. I loved the trails you added. Way better than me -__-

+Omega
01-02-2010, 03:58 AM
cool animation^^

Grey
01-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Wow this is awesome. Though i'm wondering how you made the sword blur when he twisted it. Awesome 0.0

LeoZXC
01-04-2010, 07:25 AM
I don't have much else to say what the guys in the beginning said. I don't think was so much as choppy though as it didn't finish well. It started out good, but it shouldn't all disappear in one go, i saw a big particle go at the same time as a small one, remember to keep them moving and getting small. remember if you don't know how to draw it smaller, just change the size :D also, to prevent it from looking choppy, don't add blood into slow mo unless your specifically aiming for that. otherwise just make it smaller when it flies away.

also, when the black guy falls to the ground, he just drops, he doesn't shiver a little. if something falls, it gets bounced back ever so slightly. (unless the force of the fall is EXACTLY the same as the force coming from the floor which is highly improbably)

also, if you wanted to make it slow-mo, instead of having something like screen shots (unless thats specifically what you were aiming for) trying to just move everything a set small number of pixels until it looks like time slowed down, and then speed it up. basically easing for a long time is the best way to describe it, but thats a suggestion not CC.

finally, if you want to show there was some real force in the swing, you don't need a tremor, you can just make the blue guy lift of the ground. i mean if your swing lifts your whole body in the air, its gotta have something pretty big behind it right?

EDIT: Oh I just realised, also to make it look like theirs more force, have the blue guy slide a little. just ease him to a stop after sliding for like 2-3 frames and it should look good :D

in general it was quite good, and to be honest even if you guys are pros, stfu and gtfo. I know zed doesn't mind your harsh CC and i know the truth hurts but you don't have to MAKE it :/ but yea, im a nub so im just ccing the way I see is most beneficial to the animator without feeling like a dick. keep it up zed, much better than your "very old" stuff in your thread :D

btw grim reaper, isn't your sig the sith oath? I remember from KOTOR :P

bubbles
01-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Wow..... just..... wow. It's been a loooooong time since I've seen an animation of THAT standard! It's like a breath of fresh air when you've been surrounded by newbs for ages.

Sketh
01-06-2010, 03:55 PM
[http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1019/samuraifight.gif zed owns his animations are a insperation to us all :D