PDA

View Full Version : Nukem's Animations

Nukem
04-13-2008, 05:24 AM
Even though Im new here, I have been animating with pivot for about 6 monthes. Here is a few :)

Newest
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7192/fpgamezw1.gif
I tried First person view. Soory if its sort of choppy

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8412/beamtestyc1.gif
I tried doing beam effects

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1852/aksnipegu4.gif
My first time adding fingers to a piv person

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9854/fightnotfindf7.gif
never finished the anim, I might finish it soon though

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2078/waroutsiderp1jg3.gif

(sorry if backrounds are boring)

Note: if animations take up too much space, I can post links if desired.

suliro
04-13-2008, 05:30 AM
preaty good
is that all of your anims or just the best or random crap??
and how long did it take you to make them????

Nukem
04-13-2008, 05:39 AM
Each about 2hrs to 5hrs. Also, Its pretty much all the best gifs Ive had

suliro
04-13-2008, 05:42 AM
do you have flash??? because your very good at pivot get flash

Nukem
04-13-2008, 05:47 AM
I wish. It would save me loads of time to add effects, plus I could make better movies with better sfx and graphics. I dont have enough $ to buy it and I dont want to illegally download it (because of adobe viruses).

Jousteh
04-13-2008, 07:49 AM
your very good at pivot
I guess then you haven't seen any of really good pivot anims.

Anyway, you could work on stiffness, easing and in some parts the anims seemed choppy to me.

Nukem
04-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Yeah, like the choppiness of the leg on the war animation. I've been working on that stuff. Hopefully I can get it right within the next few weeks. (Thnx for the advise anyways though!)

kingdoomed
04-13-2008, 09:02 AM
cool anis mate!!!!!!:Happy:

Nukem
04-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey, based on these animations so far, could someone rate 'em?
(low beginner to high intermediet)

Update!!: check the anims above

=Rock=
04-13-2008, 11:09 PM
first one wasn't that great.

my rating: atleast intermediate, high enough to stay out of beginners section. edit: in fact high intermediate.

@second anim: Great! I loved it, how the guy got shot and fell, but maybe move the city background like a tiny bit when camera moves.

make the main character of the BOSS one stand out more by making it a different colour, couldn't tell who was the main character first time.

@last anim: how come the two guys that were kneeling down behind the broken down truck were shooting and then stood up and shot? they shoulda be like reloading or something. But that's up to you.

These anims are great dude, much better than what I can do!
keep it up.

Nukem
04-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Kewl!!! Thanx for the advice and rating Rock (high inter? wowzers!)

rx00worth
04-14-2008, 05:00 AM
woah, the gun one musta taken a while, was pretty good :D

Stormwalker
04-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Em... Ok , so your starting to have a grasp at easing , and other basics , but still you need to work on them more , and the fluidity of you anis , not inters , for now. But definetly out of the beginner thread.

Doomdooer
04-14-2008, 11:53 AM
cool anis mate!!!!!!:Happy:
That's pretty funny sounding when you pronounce it aloud.

Anyway, Nukem, you seem to have a relatively good grasp on what a good animation should look like and I like your attempts. Right now, all you really need to do is practice making sure your motions are smooth and flowing, and keeping the physics consistent, if not realistic.
Ok?

Good luck with your endeavours.

Doomdooer
04-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention to you, Nukem.
Make sure you look at a user's postcount before actually reading what they post.
As a rule, ignore everything that anyone under 500 posts says.
95% of them are like the above post.

Another funfact: We don't use a ranking system anymore for Pivot. Don't listen to anyone who ranks you because they probably fall into the afore-mentioned category.

Nukem
04-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention to you, Nukem.
Make sure you look at a user's postcount before actually reading what they post.

Another funfact: We don't use a ranking system anymore for Pivot. Don't listen to anyone who ranks you because they probably fall into the afore-mentioned category.

Thank you for leting me know. I'm just not exactly sure on what to listen to or what to listen to.

Stormwalker
04-14-2008, 05:14 PM
What he meant is , try to lisiten to people who know stuff about animating , and can animate well. Instead of some newb who knows about animating as much as a butler knows about rocket science.

SRC
04-14-2008, 09:49 PM
they're great. I like your style for some reason. I agree that the beam could use some work (the guy's stance mainly though.) But in the war one, its good you tried the 3d gun, but it could use some work because it looked just like a 2d gun with an oddly shaped body and a bent barrell.

Doomdooer
04-15-2008, 05:51 AM
Thank you for leting me know. I'm just not exactly sure on what to listen to or what to listen to.

No problem. You'll have to decide for yourself who you really want to listen to, though. Find a few animators who are both talented and likeable. They tend to give the best critique.

Frodomoj
04-15-2008, 07:06 AM

500 posts is a bit of an exaggeration.
I only just got past it, and I'm awesome.
=P

Find a few animators who are both talented and likeable.

Like me. =D
Lol, j/k.

Anyway, Nukem, good stuff in general. You definitely understand easing, but some of your animations are still a little choppy in places. Excellent effort with backgrounds, especially on the gun animation (second one), and the last one is pretty good too, for a beginner. You obviously put a lot of time into your stuff, and it's a breath of fresh air to see someone who actually strays away from the basics. You use blackline very little, and unlike most people in the Pivot section you try to be original. The beam one was interesting, but the movements on the guy were a little weird. In general, you're doing excellent compared to other people. Now just really master easing, and your stuff will be looking much better in no time. Then you can maybe work on physics/movements.
Overall, good. Keep it up.
Make moar plesh.

Doomdooer
04-15-2008, 08:36 AM
500 posts is a bit of an exaggeration.
I only just got past it, and I'm awesome.
=P

Well, you were on like a frigging year-long furlough and just got back.
You had a ton on old SPF, so I forgot that they didn't transfer over.

And why are you whining, you're not in the noobs list.
;]

Make moar plesh.
rplies in bold, frodo.

Also, Nukem, as a protip, make sure you develop some styling that suits your animations. It adds pizazz to your work.

Nukem
04-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Anyway, Nukem, good stuff in general. You definitely understand easing, but some of your animations are still a little choppy in places. Excellent effort with backgrounds, especially on the gun animation (second one), and the last one is pretty good too, for a beginner. You obviously put a lot of time into your stuff, and it's a breath of fresh air to see someone who actually strays away from the basics. You use blackline very little, and unlike most people in the Pivot section you try to be original. The beam one was interesting, but the movements on the guy were a little weird. In general, you're doing excellent compared to other people. Now just really master easing, and your stuff will be looking much better in no time. Then you can maybe work on physics/movements.
Overall, good. Keep it up.
Make moar plesh.
Thanks, I try physics sometimes, it just takes a while. Right now I just use them for bullet shells and ragdoll (I try more sometime). also, I try thinking out of the box.

posted by Doomdooer

Also, Nukem, as a protip, make sure you develop some styling that suits your animations. It adds pizazz to your work.
I dont really have a style, but im thinking of doing anims in the desert with this one stk as the outsider hero(i'll post a picture of him soon)

Doomdooer
04-15-2008, 07:04 PM
I dont really have a style, but im thinking of doing anims in the desert with this one stk as the outsider hero(i'll post a picture of him soon)

To develope a style, you basically do some bizarre things you normally wouldn't try. Lots of Spacing makes a herky-jerky cartoony style...
Loads of easing makes a neat realism style...

etc.

Jet
04-16-2008, 01:46 AM
it pretty good but.. NOT high intermediate. sorry, but, not even high begginer yet...=( you have potential though.

Nukem
04-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Heres that stick I was talking about earlier ^_^
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4018/outsiderhy5.png

Dragonkof
04-22-2008, 08:28 PM
pretty nice, i dont like the legs.

Nukem
04-22-2008, 08:45 PM
pretty nice, i dont like the legs.
I think the legs are too short ( you dont like the bumpiness ?)

tyler6270
04-22-2008, 08:54 PM
I like teh stikz lots. Lol jk
But ya dude the stick is sweet I think. But As doom said im under 500 posts lol. I just like creativeness with making stick figures :D.

Nukem
04-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Ya I know, ur opinion counts too though. Also, I should be posting a new animation within the next day or so.

Edit: NEW VIDS!!! (check out the 1st post)

Gunned.Stick.
04-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Dude 3 words
THAT'S FREAKIN AWESOME!

Do you like mi sig?

pivot on fire
04-26-2008, 10:45 PM
i liked it! id say you'r an intermediate but thats just me.

Wounded
04-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Good animations, abit choppy but good

Nukem
04-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Dude 3 words
THAT'S FREAKIN AWESOME!

Do you like mi sig?
Thanx. Oh ya, ur sig is pretty funneh, I like it. (what is shoop da whoop? Ive seen it somewhere else, but I cant really tell what it is).

Doomdooer
04-27-2008, 06:59 AM
Shoop is an old internet meme (aka: joke).
It's pretty much not funny anymore due to overuse.

Gunned.Stick.
04-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Thanx. Oh ya, ur sig is pretty funneh, I like it. (what is shoop da whoop? Ive seen it somewhere else, but I cant really tell what it is).

It's a LAZ00R!!!

gs1
04-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Hey how do u add finger to a stick and u made it wrap around the gun sorry in new =/ just tryin to learn

Nukem
04-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Hey how do u add finger to a stick and u made it wrap around the gun sorry in new =/ just tryin to learn

Just make several different line segments. then put them as needed.